Shotgun ammo question

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Thanks. I am actually looking for the Mossberg SA 20 that Donk recommended. After a lot of research I have to decided to get one if I can find it.

No law against having a 12 and a 20.

:D

If I see one, I will holler.

I just never have been a Mossy fan, but they have improved in the past 15 or 20 years.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks. I am actually looking for the Mossberg SA 20 that Donk recommended. After a lot of research I have to decided to get one if I can find it.
It is a great gun. you may be able to preorder it from like gallery of guns.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
No law against having a 12 and a 20.

:D

If I see one, I will holler.

I just never have been a Mossy fan, but they have improved in the past 15 or 20 years.

It is a great gun. you may be able to preorder it from like gallery of guns.

I have a Remington 870 12 Gauge. My wife is not very receptive to pistols so I thought the 20 Gauge tactical may be a good option. I will try ordering one. Thanks

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Got this one today. The laser/green flashlight is damn cool.

Only "bad" thing about pistol gripped shotguns is that most people cannot move the safety to "fire" without breaking their grip to do so.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
I have a Remington 870 12 Gauge. My wife is not very receptive to pistols so I thought the 20 Gauge tactical may be a good option. I will try ordering one. Thanks

i got a a nice S&W J frame 38 at a pawn shop for my wife.

That was a dang good trade.

:bwahaha:

Seriously, I have a great wife. A few years ago we were out having dinner and out of the blue she asked if I needed another gun safe.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Only "bad" thing about pistol gripped shotguns is that most people cannot move the safety to "fire" without breaking their grip to do so.
If the safety is on the trigger guard, like A Remington or a Benelli, then ok. But a tang safety with a pistol grip sucks.

I had an 870 turkey gun with a pistol grip and collapsible stock. Hardest rectilinear gun I have ever shot. Traded it in on a G17.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Safety is up top on Mossbergs and is easier to access(thumb) than the 870 where it is behind the trigger guard. The main problem I could see with an autoloader being pistol gripped is perhaps someone might not put enough shoulder behind it to cycle properly....now all Brad needs is one of these contraptions

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
If the safety is on the trigger guard, like A Remington or a Benelli, then ok. But a tang safety with a pistol grip sucks.

I had an 870 turkey gun with a pistol grip and collapsible stock. Hardest rectilinear gun I have ever shot. Traded it in on a G17.
Yup, but we can see where his is. ;)

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Safety is up top on Mossbergs and is easier to access(thumb) than the 870 where it is behind the trigger guard. The main problem I could see with an autoloader being pistol gripped is perhaps someone might not put enough shoulder behind it to cycle properly....now all Brad needs is one of these contraptions

I'm a simple man who likes simple things with simple stocks/grips with simple safeties where i simply slide my simple thumb up and over in a simple short, smooth motion while never breaking my simple grip to move my simple safety simply forward.... ;)

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Santa Claus brought me a Remington 1100 for Christmas in 1973, so the safety on the trigger guard is quite ingrained in me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb