Should jhbyrd be banned from the Chatter?

Should jhbyrd be permanently sent back to Swamp Ass?

• Yes

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • No

Votes: 64 75.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Yup, he was looking for the cheapest possible hire he could get.
In business hiring someone who excels at the highest levels and supporting them (practice facility) and keeping that exceling employee with you for decades is just good business.

Donovan is a workaholic. Supposedly Muschamp is a workaholic but he sucked on offense. Mac was lazy.

Mullen is also a workaholic and has gotten some experience head coaching so we will see what he does at UF.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
In business hiring someone who excels at the highest levels and supporting them (practice facility) and keeping that exceling employee with you for decades is just good business.

Donovan is a workaholic. Supposedly Muschamp is a workaholic but he sucked on offense. Mac was lazy.

Mullen is also a workaholic and has gotten some experience head coaching so we will see what he does at UF.
He wont be doing a whole lot if he doesn't get some good recruiters on staff. It appears Mullen was also one of only like 4% of the power 5 coaching hires in the last 12 years or so to have progressively worse classes his next 2 classes after his first one at MSU.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Something tells me UF football will be just fine long term.

I hope you’re right, but it’s not a given. There’s a lot of rebuilding to do and a reputation to restore with kids who were 8 when Timmy was King.

Yes, I love the all-sports success we’ve had, but football pays the bills. DM better create a quick momentum shift before the early signing period.

And I’m part of the pumper crowd here.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
He wont be doing a whole lot if he doesn't get some good recruiters on staff. It appears Mullen was also one of only like 4% of the power 5 coaching hires in the last 12 years or so to have progressively worse classes his next 2 classes after his first one at MSU.
I think the new football facility will eventually draw in recruits for Mullen. Unfortunately, the 2019 class won't be able to use it till their junior year.

Last edited:

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Fake fg by lsu. Everyone knew it was a fake and that moron let it happen. I knew that day it was amateur hour. Stupid t shirt with back to back SEC East titles on it. Embarrassing.
While I agree that Mac’s futility was obvious early on, not diagnosing a LSU game FG isn’t a great metric. That happened to Meyer as well. For whatever reason, HCs refuse to see the obvious sometimes - especially with LSUs STs.

Last edited:

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
I hope you’re right, but it’s not a given. There’s a lot of rebuilding to do and a reputation to restore with kids who were 8 when Timmy was King.

Yes, I love the all-sports success we’ve had, but football pays the bills. DM better create a quick momentum shift before the early signing period.

And I’m part of the pumper crowd here.
Mullen has some weapons on offense that we have not had here in a while. He consistently got a lot out of his players at little MSU so odds are he gets a lot out of his players here.

Just returning to normal injury levels (unlike the abnormally high injury/ suspension levels we have had for years) will help UF improve.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I hear you, but the program also has to be re-established as a championship contender to land a top 5 class. It takes recruiting but it also takes winning. Like 10 games winning. Winning and recruiting go hand in hand. It may take more than a year and a half to get that top 5 class.....but if he does pull that off, I’m thinking we have an early answer to our question.
Agreed. Our program has been down so long. Our HC isn’t known as an elite recruiter. Prospects for future glory don’t look great, at the moment. We’re behind on facilities. Not a recipe for instant recruiting success.

I want to be elite again immediately but that doesn’t seem to be in the cards. I’m prepared to wait it out if we see continued progression on all fronts. Improved recruiting each year. Facilities at least planned for. Offense and defense continuing to develop. Finally, if that all progresses, more wins, less losses.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
There are factors in play unique to each school, and stats don’t tell the whole story. BTW, national signing day is 7 months away. So I’ll keep debating it as you said, and you can keep right on freaking out. Works for both of us.

Totally understandable. Mullen’s greatest fault at this point in time is that Chump and Mac came before him and destroyed the morale of much of Gator Nation. You’re a casualty dude.

Evidence that Mr.Breeze ain't a blowhard.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Thats almost the exact opposite of what Fooley did.

He hired on the cheap and told them fvkk off on support facilties and staff.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Thats almost the exact opposite of what Fooley did.

He hired on the cheap and told them fvkk off on support facilties and staff.
An outdated strategy that used to work. Foley’s downfall began when he stated that we weren’t getting into an arms race. It worsened when he fell in love with the Bama coaching model but refused to implement the whole program - Bama works because they have the best coach AND all AD decisions are made with “impact to football” the primary deciding factor. Football is first - always - at Bama.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Great, so not only is Byrd a McElstain :nutswinger: but he’s also a Foley :nutswinger: and a Mullen :nutswinger:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Great, so not only is Byrd a McElstain :nutswinger: but he’s also a Foley :nutswinger: and a Mullen :nutswinger:
Don't forget white pussy.
0fbaaa4256eb95572450d998529eef74.jpg

Mr.Breeze

Jul 18, 2018
An outdated strategy that used to work. Foley’s downfall began when he stated that we weren’t getting into an arms race. It worsened when he fell in love with the Bama coaching model but refused to implement the whole program - Bama works because they have the best coach AND all AD decisions are made with “impact to football” the primary deciding factor. Football is first - always - at Bama.

Crap man, they have nothing else

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Crap man, they have nothing else
They don’t have much but that’s the point - nothing impacts football. We’d still be successful in football if Foley would’ve kept the focus on football. Unfortunately, our most important sport and bellcow is suffering because he thought he could eat his cake and have it too.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Throw outdated facilities in on top of no credibility and you get a very slow start to recruiting. Much as we’d like to think otherwise, the top recruits aren’t likely to sign with UF simply because one of our coaches is recruiting him.

Our athlete academic center and Indoor practice field are not outdated. We are behind on having a stand alone football center but the 2020 recruiting class will be able to use that top tier football center when they are sophomores.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Our athlete academic center and Indoor practice field are not outdated. We are behind on having a stand alone football center but the 2020 recruiting class will be able to use that top tier football center when they are sophomores.
Our standalone football center should have been completed 5 years ago.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Good we can just excuse recruiting results until 2021 I guess.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Mullen has some weapons on offense that we have not had here in a while. He consistently got a lot out of his players at little MSU so odds are he gets a lot out of his players here.

Just returning to normal injury levels (unlike the abnormally high injury/ suspension levels we have had for years) will help UF improve.

You are like a Gator coaching excuse box. Just turn knob, hit button and get regurgitated thoughtless excuse.

5ECC6D07-B206-4B39-A228-F9DAE2D7354E.jpeg

Apparently the excuse box needs to change batteries in year three. Then, you, along with Finebaum and Dooley, knew it all along after you witness strike one in the last year.

In the meantime, please let us know when we are allowed to be concerned about recruiting and Mullen’s nine year history.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Intense Workaholics good. ADD workaholics bad. New football facilities good, low budget stipens bad.

Wildly successful FNL good, beating the snot out of FSU/UGA priceless

Go Gators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member