Should jhbyrd be banned from the Chatter?

Should jhbyrd be permanently sent back to Swamp Ass?

• Yes

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • No

Votes: 64 75.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
An outdated strategy that used to work. Foley’s downfall began when he stated that we weren’t getting into an arms race. It worsened when he fell in love with the Bama coaching model but refused to implement the whole program - Bama works because they have the best coach AND all AD decisions are made with “impact to football” the primary deciding factor. Football is first - always - at Bama.

That is the easy and convenient thought that the majority of O&B glasses wearing, DYKK LYKKERS love to use as the excuse. Truth be told Fooley showed everyone what a complete JACKA$$ MOEWRON he was and would prove to be when he hired ZOOK. I do not care what ZOOK's results were or would have been, that was all the evidence any sane football fan needed to know that Fooley was WAY out of his league!!!!. I have heard all the reasons and excuses but that is all they are!!!!!. Sadly the stench still remains almost 20 years later!!!!!!

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
You are like a Gator coaching excuse box. Just turn knob, hit button and get regurgitated thoughtless excuse.

Apparently the excuse box needs to change batteries in year three. Then, you, along with Finebaum and Dooley, knew it all along after you witness strike one in the last year.

In the meantime, please let us know when we are allowed to be concerned about recruiting and Mullen’s nine year history.
Actually some one was saying we had no facilities. I said we do. That takes AWAY the excuse of NO facilities. Just being accurate on the timeline of availability of a football center.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Actually some one was saying we had no facilities. I said we do. That takes AWAY the excuse of NO facilities. Just being accurate on the non availability of a football center.
Do you think we should have already had the football center done? Pretend you aren't a Gator for a few seconds and give an honest opinion.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Actually some one was saying we had no facilities. I said we do. That takes AWAY the excuse of NO facilities. Just being accurate on the timeline of availability of a football center.

Wow man, deflect much? This is why there’s a poll about you being banned. Tell me what this line of yours has anything to do with facilities:

Byrd: “Just returning to normal injury levels (unlike the abnormally high injury/ suspension levels we have had for years) will help UF improve.”

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
While I agree that Mac’s futility was obvious early on, not diagnosing a LSU game FG isn’t a great metric. That happened to Meyer as well. For whatever reason, HCs refuse to see the obvious sometimes - especially with LSUs STs.

I saw chinks in the armor from day one but that was inexcusable knowing the history. He seemed oblivious. It was one of many times. That was my waterloo. He was never going to be the guy.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
That is the easy and convenient thought that the majority of O&B glasses wearing, DYKK LYKKERS love to use as the excuse. Truth be told Fooley showed everyone what a complete JACKA$$ MOEWRON he was and would prove to be when he hired ZOOK. I do not care what ZOOK's results were or would have been, that was all the evidence any sane football fan needed to know that Fooley was WAY out of his league!!!!. I have heard all the reasons and excuses but that is all they are!!!!!. Sadly the stench still remains almost 20 years later!!!!!!
None of the those descriptors applies to me - particularly the fellatio part. But just know, I’m super ****ing proud of you for being a pessimist for so long. Fandom must be fun for you. This conversation never happens if he starts investing in football during the Meyer years. At least Jay Jacobs isn’t on the staff now - dude knows what it takes to compete with Bama.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Truth be told Fooley showed everyone what a complete JACKA$$ MOEWRON he was and would prove to be when he hired ZOOK.
Yeah. He should have been fired the second he said he was flying to New Orleans to talk with Zook.

It's what they do they. It's the same thing Stricklin did. When you strike out three or four times, go hire your old buddy.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
At least Jay Jacobs isn’t on the staff now - dude knows what it takes to compete with Bama.
This.

Having another voice in the office, bc you know Fooley still wanders around and tries to convince everyone to be cheap azzes, will be super helpful, hopefully.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Do you think we should have already had the football center done? Pretend you aren't a Gator for a few seconds and give an honest opinion.
The correct answer is thirty years ago, of course.

There is no excuse for us being behind UCF, USF and FAU in facilities.

How embarrasing to have our alums saying we were ahead of only Vandy in the SEC.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah. He should have been fired the second he said he was flying to New Orleans to talk with Zook.

It's what they do they. It's the same thing Stricklin did. When you strike out three or four times, go hire your old buddy.
That's exactly what it is. Like comfort food, although Zook gave us all gastrointestinal issues.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Wow man, deflect much? This is why there’s a poll about you being banned. Tell me what this line of yours has anything to do with facilities:

Byrd: “Just returning to normal injury levels (unlike the abnormally high injury/ suspension levels we have had for years) will help UF improve.”
Not a deflection at all. You talked about making excuses when I had just taken bad facility excuses away.

Some think that injuries is just an excuse. On the injury front some may think that Saban with a high school team could defeat Muschamp/Mac coaching Saban's national championship team because it is only about coaching. They would be wrong. There is a reason Saban is so focused on recruiting.

There is also a reason why Las Vegas keeps track of injuries/suspensions. Money talks.

Last edited:

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
The correct answer is thirty years ago, of course.

There is no excuse for us being behind UCF, USF and FAU in facilities.

How embarrasing to have our alums saying we were ahead of only Vandy in the SEC.
Sounds like the presidential election surveys from MSNBC. Those teams all have lesser over all facilities than UF currently.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not a deflection at all. You talked about making excuses when I had just taken bad facility excuses away.

Some think that injuries is just an excuse. On the injury front some may think that Saban with a high school team could defeat Muschamp/Mac coaching Saban's national championship team because it is only about coaching. They would be wrong. There is a reason Saban is so focused on recruiting.

There is also a reason why Las Vegas keeps track of injuries/suspensions. Money talks.
You're an effen idiot. Citing injuries and suspensions DOES amount to a deflection, and a dumb one at that considering lack of strength training and player oversight were major contributing factors.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
You're an effen idiot. Citing injuries and suspensions DOES amount to a deflection, and a dumb one at that considering lack of strength training and player oversight were major contributing factors.
As you know I show both sides.
One side was not a deflection. Injuries and suspensions do matter. Vegas money shows that.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Injuries and suspensions do matter.
Perhaps if we had a real S&C program and team discipline, those things wouldn't have been such a factor.

Coaching matters. That's the only point anyone is trying to make to you.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Perhaps if we had a real S&C program and team discipline, those things wouldn't have been such a factor.

And coaching included recruiting, s and c, team development, and keeping people out of trouble.

I seem to remember coaches visiting players apartments to evaluate how they were living under Meyer. Team leaders keeping others accountable, especially Tim.

And having a deep pool of assistants, look at all the Meyer assistants from the championship years that are head coaches at some level today.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018

BOTH suspensions/injuries and strength and conditioning programs do matter. Vegas does not publish
strength and conditioning programs as that is harder to quantify.

I have always believed BOTH coaching and injuries matter. Not just one.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
BOTH suspensions/injuries and strength and conditioning programs do matter. Vegas does not publish
Good God. You are unreal. There is no rule you have to respond to something no matter what. Sometimes it's better to just STFU.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

I have always believed BOTH coaching and injuries matter.
I trust you are familiar with the phrase "this therefore that."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.