Should Kadarius Toney Start?

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
If high school stats are a pretty good predictor of college success.

BAB514CC-3DED-43D9-907C-06345CA3672A_zpsjaoxc97a.png

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...se-giving-qb-luke-del-rio-another-chance-2017

Toney! Toney! Toney!
No. We've already tried this with another short QB who couldn't pass. I guess you guys really love the offense with Treon.

Last edited:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
QB, at this point? I don't know. However, I've known this kid can play and has some kind of "it" since I watched his HS reel. He needs a role, as big as he can handle, just give him the ball without being hampered by preconceived notions.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I don't know if he should start, but I think we definitely need to get him some touches in some capacity against Michigan. He is too dynamic of an athlete to keep off the field. Those dudes from Michigan who play in the cold wont be ready for someone as quick and fast as Toney. Toney kind of reminds me of some of the speed athletes Urban got while here like demps, thompson, rainey, harvin etc. guys who have flair and are just explosive, phenomenal athletes.
This is how I feel right now about Toney, he's way to crafty with the ball in his hands. I'd look to get him at least 5-7 touches in the Michigan game

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
That's a tall order for him to start at QB in such a huge game. I'm all for starting whoever is the best that we've got whether it be Toney, Franks, or Zaire. One thing is for sure, he needs to be let loose with the ball in his hands somehow against that Meatchicken defense that is re-tooling with all new starters. It might cause Hardbalz to start eatin' more boogers on the sideline.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
No he probably should not start at any position, surely not QB. I don't think he will be playing any position early in the season. I expect eventually a package of plays for him at various positions, and perhaps as a punt returner.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
The first time I viewed the spring game I was very impressed with Toney.

When I went back and watched the individual plays I was less impressed. Toney has undeniable athleticism. He is very elusive in the open field. I think he has the tools to be very productive as a WR, RB or returner. However, I do not think he presently possesses the tools to be an effective QB.

giphy.gif

On this pass Toney has a receiver wide open deep in the middle of the field. However, he stares down one receiver and never notices the wide open guy in the middle. He throws a ball that is high and behind the receiver.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
giphy.gif

Toney shows his ability to run on this play. I think there is a good chance the DE brings him down in a real game, but nice run nonetheless.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
giphy.gif

Toney has a habit of not selling the run if he hands it off. He tends to stop right after giving the ball to the RB. The defense picks up on this and most of his handoffs went nowhere in the O&B.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.