Should Kadarius Toney Start?

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
This is one of the big reasons I'm not keen on starting him. He's too green in the offense yet and multiple times missed seeing open receivers while staring down and throwing terrible throws to someone else.

Exactly. However, put him in the backfield as a RB and toss him a swing pass and he has great potential.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
This is how I feel right now about Toney, he's way to crafty with the ball in his hands. I'd look to get him at least 5-7 touches in the Michigan game

He really reminds me of Percy Harvin a whole lot. He was the only excitement in the spring game. Doing that as a true freshman really speaks volumes. With his threat to run the ball
the passing game becomes easier. We may have ourselves another Lamar Jackson. I think we all agree we are way overdue another great QB.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I'm glad these Monday morning QBs are not running plays on Saturdays. That was the first time he had ever played in a college level game and he was the only player who stood out. You can bet the play calling will include him. A blind person would get excited when he gets the ball because of the stadium shaking.
He's the real deal!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

Here Toney unwisely decides to keep the ball and takes a loss.

The handoff would've probably been worse.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The handoff would've probably been worse.

I would have handed it off, and then tried to get a shoulder into that DLineman just enough to try to give the RB some space. No way is a guy like Toney going to throw a block, but he could at least try to be "in the way". There's nothing illegal about that I don't think. But that's just me. I don't care what position you play, you should be doing everything in your power to help the play be successful imo.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I would have handed it off, and then tried to get a shoulder into that DLineman just enough to try to give the RB some space. No way is a guy like Toney going to throw a block, but he could at least try to be "in the way". There's nothing illegal about that I don't think. But that's just me. I don't care what position you play, you should be doing everything in your power to help the play be successful imo.

It's a spring game, I'm glad he didn't throw a shoulder at a DL :lol:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Toney isn't even a "true freshman" yet. Give him some fall practices and wait 'til Mac lets KD know Mac's $4.5 mil salary all depends on him.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We're talking about a kid who should still be in high school. Franks threw 4 picks in his 1st spring game. Should he be a slot receiver too? Why not see where the kid is in a year. Zaire's been a terrible passer and great runner in what little action he's seen and some of you guys think he's the savior. And fever, please don't respond to this.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I'd rather he keep the ball. Trying to hand it off with two d lineman in the backfield on the ball would have probably been a turnover.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
We're talking about a kid who should still be in high school. Franks threw 4 picks in his 1st spring game. Should he be a slot receiver too? Why not see where the kid is in a year. Zaire's been a terrible passer and great runner in what little action he's seen and some of you guys think he's the savior. And fever, please don't respond to this.

Nah

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016

I was strictly speaking of Toney as he is today. I think he can help immediately, just not as an every down QB. If they can develop him into an effective QB in the future I'm all for it. However, I think we need to get the ball in his hands this season.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I was strictly speaking of Toney as he is today. I think he can help immediately, just not as an every down QB. If they can develop him into an effective QB in the future I'm all for it. However, I think we need to get the ball in his hands this season.
Ok, I can understand that. Glad you clarified. And i wasn't suggesting that he start either. I'm just not with this notion that we should go ahead and ship him over to receiver where we're deep. While we have zero qb's. I dont get why some are so quick to write him off. He may eventually need a position change but i dont get the rush.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Ok, I can understand that. Glad you clarified. And i wasn't suggesting that he start either. I'm just not with this notion that we should go ahead and ship him over to receiver where we're deep. While we have zero qb's. I dont get why some are so quick to write him off. He may eventually need a position change but i dont get the rush.

I think people are just eager to see him on the field. If he remains at QB his playing time is going to be very limited. In addition, the wildcat hasn't seen a lot of success in recent years as defenses have adjusted.

I would like to see him with the ball in his hand a lot this season.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
I posted the same Gifs and comments on TOB and they are all up in arms. Apparently my evaluation was too harsh and overly critical. LOL, they would never survive on this board.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's a damn shame when Low t is the voice of reason around this place. And he's doing it after drinking 66 nonalcoholic Bud Lights.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
If he scores a bunch of TD, I'm good with him playing qb ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb