Should Kadarius Toney Start?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I bet KD can quick-kick ... especially the quick part.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Hard to believe we have like 6 QBs on scholarship on our roster and may still have big issues there this year despite having an offense that has more experience than most other SEC teams everywhere but at QB.

I still think Zaire is probably the best option but it wouldn't be surprising at all to see Franks or even LDR get the Michigan start because he will only have 3 weeks to get ready. I know no one wants to see LDR trotting out there but I could see Mac doing it if he really doesn't have much faith in Franks at this point. It may just depend if LDR is basically 100% physically by camp.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I posted the same Gifs and comments on TOB and they are all up in arms. Apparently my evaluation was too harsh and overly critical. LOL, they would never survive on this board.

:lol: Yep that can be almost a banning offense over there. You definitely have to be tactical when posting sometimes and you are considered a huge sunshine pumper at this site.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
I know no one wants to see LDR trotting out there but I could see Mac doing it if he really doesn't have much faith in Franks at this point.

On the positive side, LDR knows the playbook cold and is reasonably accurate for passes within 10 yards. He can manage a game, and if our defense is somehow as good as it was the past couple of years we should win most games. On the negative side if Mac isn't able to develop a better QB option in his third year he does need to be replaced.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
On the positive side, LDR knows the playbook cold and is reasonably accurate for passes within 10 yards. He can manage a game, and if our defense is somehow as good as it was the past couple of years we should win most games. On the negative side if Mac isn't able to develop a better QB option in his third year he does need to be replaced.

Good point but I think it could be a disaster also with that blitz happy defense Michigan runs. Even before his injury LDR was always throwing mess real weak off his back foot when blitzed etc. Mac does have a big decision to make and one option gives him somewhat of an out even if the game is a mess and that is starting Franks because he could just say he needed to see what he could do in live game situations. If Mac starts LDR or Zaire and the game is a mess on offense the heat will be on him big time right out out of the gate.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I could live with that if he is willing to make a change if needed and not wait to do it until the game is mostly out of reach.
Out of reach? Geez Bert was shoveling dirt on our corpse last year and Butters was still trotting LDR out there to the bitter end.....Mean while he had a better QB on the sideline(AA) the whole time.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Other than Franks, I'm not sure how many would even be on a scholarship at another decent P5 school.

Yep. It was all over when these types began starting games and/or playing meaningful downs for us.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Out of reach? Geez Bert was shoveling dirt on our corpse last year and Butters was still trotting LDR out there to the bitter end.....Mean while he had a better QB on the sideline(AA) the whole time.
"better"

I suppose it's all relative ;)

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
"better"

I suppose it's all relative ;)
Don't know about you but I'd take Appleby over Del Rio any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Much better arm and he doesn't cry like a baby on twitter non-stop.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Don't know about you but I'd take Appleby over Del Rio any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Much better arm and he doesn't cry like a baby on twitter non-stop.
I'd rather have had neither ;)

speaking of...he got political today :lol:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Mac needs to take away his twitter account.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.