Should Kadarius Toney Start?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Man...2222 getting a little roughed up by the pumpers at TOS.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Since we're on monumental questions =
"If a man offers an opinion alone in a forest with no woman around to hear it, is he still wrong?"

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Since we're on monumental questions =
"If a man offers an opinion alone in a forest with no woman around to hear it, is he still wrong?"

I dunno, but while you're at it, find out if bears crap in there for me.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
LOL, guess I am a dumper by their standards

Hard to believe, right? They banned everyone that wouldn't tow the company line. If you're not rainbows and dolphins they attack, attack, attack. Mac's had bad luck and every excuse known to man is used there.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
On the positive side, LDR knows the playbook cold and is reasonably accurate for passes within 10 yards. He can manage a game, and if our defense is somehow as good as it was the past couple of years we should win most games. On the negative side if Mac isn't able to develop a better QB option in his third year he does need to be replaced.

I may be in the minority here, but I'm not even ready to call LDR a "game manager" at this point. That's actually what concerns me more than anything. It's so common to label guys that way when they don't have a rifle of an arm. But I think the mental side of things is the challenge there. You have to know and be humble enough to accept that you're just as much a potential liability to the team as you are a leader. I commented after the UK and NTexas games that if not for some bad-technique plays by their defenders, DelRio probably has multiple picks, possible a few going for 6 the other way. Once we got into the heart of SEC play (Mizz, uga and Ark) those same passes he was forcing and narrowly getting away with early on, were now INTs.

Knowing the playbook and having time around coaches is moot if you're arrogance doesn't allow you to accept what you are. That was on display again and again in the Ark game specifically, with him routinely coming to the sidelines dismissing concerns and acting as if everything was fine and as if he had things fully under control despite the score and stats.

But yeah, I agree with your last sentence. To be fair, Mac didn't inherit a 2015 recruiting class QB, and wasn't likely to land a great one in that limited period. So, 2016 (Franks, Trask) was his first chance to truly mold one of his guys. But if neither are ready with two Springs and two Falls under their belts, that's on him. They don't have to be perfect, and I've stated before that I'm more than willing to take some lumps with a young, future QB. But if they aren't ready to even start a game, that's a clear indictment of the staff and their abilities.

Last edited:

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LDR is making things worse for himself. What's remarkable is that he doesn't seem to realize it.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
I posted a thread a while back that broke down every pass franks threw during the spring game. It appeared that the coaches have been working on cleaning up that throwing motion.

Franks arm went down during the windup on 5 of 14 passes. By my count, when his arm went down he was 2 of 5 for 45 yards (40% completion rate). When he kept his arm up he was 6 of 9 for 74 yards and a TD (67% completion rate). That is a significant difference in accuracy.

http://www.gatorchatter.com/threads/franks-spring-game-video.14655/

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Mac needs to get a medical-hypnosis doctor from Shands to hypnotize Franks and order him to focus-stare at the Brady video for 3 hours a day. Then still in a trance have him perform the motions, trance-noting the muscles feedback. Somebody's got to be a QB guru; we need a miracle doctor .. some kind of Clarabelle Cure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.