Should the 3 point line be banned from college and pro basketball?

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
They could make you actually dribble the rock when you run with it ;)

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I think some of the younger guys who now call for a return to the late 80’s and then 90’s style of physical play forget how unpopular it was at the time. The league had to shake it up because scoring was becoming too low and it was boring. It was a threat to the style Bird and Magic brought which revived the league from the lethargic 70’s. Jordan took it to another level and next thing you know it was tackle football.

I love the NBA....the 3....the athleticism....the shot clock....but what I do hate is all the iso and high pick and roll offense. I prefer to watch teams like Boston, San Antonio, Golden State and even my Heat. Teams that preach ball movement.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Kareem's sky hook was a thing of beauty. Don't see it much anymore. Why don't you just watch WNBA, solid fundamentals, good sportpersonship, striped ball.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
While the Pistons took it one step too far, I'd still prefer that brand of basketball over no defense at all.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Kareem's sky hook was a thing of beauty. Don't see it much anymore. Why don't you just watch WNBA, solid fundamentals, good sportpersonship, striped ball.
giphy.gif

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
While the Pistons took it one step too far, I'd still prefer that brand of basketball over no defense at all.

The Bad Boys started it but At least they were talented. When other teams copied it the league suffered. Very low scoring games resulted and the criticism was that it was no longer basketball. Thankfully we’ve moved on from that era although there are a few fond memories.

Even baseball has lightened up. I can remember when you did not want to be up right after a teammate hit a HR. A Gibson or Drysdale would go for the temple on the next pitch.

Gern Blanston

Banned
BANNED
Aug 27, 2018
Does anyone else think that stupid line has ruined the game? Now you have asshats standing around that line for entire games. In my opinion, it has ruined a lot of the creativity of the game. If it was removed, how would the game change? Would players actually have to play the effing game?

Discuss.
No !! It's brought more open court athletic basketball as opposed to the garbage ball in the 80s where a 6ft 10 big man gets the ball and backs down his defender and dunks it . The Detroit piston 85 to 80 games almost killed basketball .

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
You wanna make basketball interesting? Give out 1 point for a layup, 2 points from beyond 10 feet, 3 beyond 15 feet, 4 beyond 18 feet, and 5 beyond 20 feet. You get 5 points for a dunk, 8 points for an alley-oop dunk, and 30 points if you break the backboard. BTW, get rid of dribbling and fouls, and reduce the shot clock to 10 seconds.

Then turn the hoop sideways, give them sticks to hit the opponents and ritualistically sacrifice the losing captain. I think you've got yourself the perfect Mayan Basketball League.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
No !! It's brought more open court athletic basketball as opposed to the garbage ball in the 80s where a 6ft 10 big man gets the ball and backs down his defender and dunks it . The Detroit piston 85 to 80 games almost killed basketball .
Please don’t post in my threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator