Recruiting Should UF pursue Ohio State QB Joe Burrow if he transfers?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I know this article was posted in one of the spring (or recruiting) threads, but adding it here (Will Miles article, very good read). This kid would be the starter after his 2nd practice. He'd be laughing too much during his first practice saying "....this is my competition?" And we'd have him for 2 years!!

If Ohio State QB Joe Burrow transfers, would he be an upgrade for the Gators at QB?

https://www.readandreaction.com/2018/04/09/ohio-state-qb-joe-burrow-transfers-upgrade-gators-qb/

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Chronological logic seems to dictate that UF (or whoever) needs to pitch to him before he chooses to leave OSU.? Will not having a specific destination determine whether he transfers or not. You know, a "go-to" place to become 1st string versus stay at OSU as 3rd string.?
<< 2 years' remaining eligibility heightens the importance of this opportunity.>>

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Lets see what Mullen can do with what we already have.

We know what we 'already' have. This kid is a starter the second he steps on campus.....and we have him for 2 years. That gives our only DT QB time to adjust to college, get some mop-up duty and prepare to step in as the starter in 2020. It's an ideal situation. We go from hoping to win 7 or 8 games next year to being very competitive and likely a 10-2 type of team.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
We know what we 'already' have. This kid is a starter the second he steps on campus.....and we have him for 2 years. That gives our only DT QB time to adjust to college, get some mop-up duty and prepare to step in as the starter in 2020. It's an ideal situation. We go from hoping to win 7 or 8 games next year to being very competitive and likely a 10-2 type of team.

I'm aware of this. I'm tired of these transfers. The staff would almost have to guarantee him the starting position.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'm aware of this. I'm tired of these transfers. The staff would almost have to guarantee him the starting position.

I COMPLETELY agree w/ you on 'tired of these transfers'. But this kid is completely different than Del Rio, Appleby, Zaire, and the kid from Vanderbilt. This kid is literally starter material coming from a program where he's 2nd on the depth chart (barely) - it's similar to why Eason transferred out of UGA (and Washington was happy as a pig in sh*t and slapping high five's).

PLUS...PLUS....he has TWO years of eligibility and can play immediately. Completely different situation than the last few duds we had transfer in.

This gives our PROGRAM the best chance to succeed moving forward. If our O sh*ts the bed - again - this year, why would top recruits want in? If we come out w/ this kid playing QB and have a top SEC offense and win 10 games it will help the program moving forward. Struggling w/ Trask or Franks is a bad plan. We know what we have w/ those two.....and it ain't good. Or, it's not better than a veteran DT QB.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm all for getting this kid if he's as good as advertised. Look, if Trask and Franks, who are heading into their third year here and have worked with and know the players, still don't appear to be progressing then they never will. It's time to cut bait and start putting a QB on the field who can play the position. I can't handle an 8th straight year of QB incompetence. It's bad for my constitution.

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We're talking about a dude that accounted for 5k yards his senior year in high school and was mr football for the state of ohio. Not only that, he comes from a team with the same system. There won't even be much of a learning curve. No where near taking vandys 4th stringer or a guy that Oregon state cut. We should roll out the red carpet for this dude if he transfers.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

I hear ya, but don’t focus on Mac’s track record. Give DM a chance to prove what he can do.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I hear ya, but don’t focus on Mac’s track record. Give DM a chance to prove what he can do.
Mac's garbage is completely different than what Mullinz has brought in.

Last edited:

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like Urbs is at it.

CckL1x0UYAE3vOR.jpg

Alex.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Sign him up. In the immortal words of Rhett Butler, "If Franks leaves this year, I don't give a damn"

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
Absolutely we should. Imagine this best case scenario: Burrow transfers here, Jefferson and Grimes are cleared for immediate availability.

We would have the best UF offense in a decade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.