Gator Basketball Should White hire assistant with HC experience?

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
If a high enough salary is allowed then worth the chance that Joakim Noah is fed up with the pros. Hire him to teach and recruit "big guys". Noah was such a fast learner & such a "floor leader", I bet he excels at it. We'll have the best "recruit-draw" at the center position. A coach who can "play" our players into competitive shape. UF has never had that. Yes, I'm dreaming. But to think White can move UF to appropriate heights without such a dream-coach is worse dreaming. FWIW ?

I agree with a couple of provisions. First he does not need a high salary he is plenty wealthy, and he has to avoid all drugs that are illegal. Now I bet he can't really play that much he is injured somewhat.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with a couple of provisions. First he does not need a high salary he is plenty wealthy, and he has to avoid all drugs that are illegal. Now I bet he can't really play that much he is injured somewhat.
Aren't NBA teams still interested in Noah playing for them?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Well my view on Noah is:

1. He probably prefers to play rather than coach.

2. He has no coaching experience.

3. He plays an unorthodox style of play that might not translate to other even if he is a great coach.

So I don't see it.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Hiring a former head coach makes a lot of sense but only if it is the right guy and I am not sure we know enough about some of the guys on Brockway's list to really know.

Rob Evans seems a bit old for the open role, as is Tubby Smith, and I doubt you will find many Gator fans that want Kevin Stallings anywhere near our program, I know I would scream if that a$$hat was hired.

With that said, there is no denying the impact that Larry Shyatt had on Billy's program so the idea has some merit.
Although I agree that recruiting is critical, at this point in the progression of White's tenure, I believe player development trumps recruiting. If you develop players, the word will get around and the recruits will come.
Kevin stallings can recruit. He always found a way to find some good players. I think he's the best on that list by a mile.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think white has a former assistant that's working on greg marshall's staff at wichita st. I'd be interested in him too.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Like for White to show the creativity of offering Noah. Plant the seed even for later. Like to learn that White knows "big-man" training is what's missing & what's needed, moving his team and players and recruiting in that direction.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Mike needs to hire anyone who has any clue at how to orchestrate ball and body movement in a half court offense against any type of defense. Experience is irrelevant!! Yes, Duke was an awful defensive team all year, but did you see how simple sets and movements got KU a wide open look against that Duke zone almost every time down the floor, both from inside or outside the arc?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Mike needs to hire anyone who has any clue at how to orchestrate ball and body movement in a half court offense against any type of defense. Experience is irrelevant!! Yes, Duke was an awful defensive team all year, but did you see how simple sets and movements got KU a wide open look against that Duke zone almost every time down the floor, both from inside or outside the arc?
Maybe he should hire someone off the Tony Bennett tree. Being that hes such an offensive wizard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb