Show recommendation thread

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Yellowstone’s new season just started, and the quality is just as good.

Really can’t recommend this show enough, and I normally hate Kevin Costner.

Haven't started this season yet but if someone ruins it for me, I'll be pisssssssed! :lol:

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Haven't started this season yet but if someone ruins it for me, I'll be pisssssssed! :lol:
When a show gets popular, it’s very common for the writers to go over the top, i.e jump the shark. I don’t sense that this season; really solid start to the new season.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
When a show gets popular, it’s very common for the writers to go over the top, i.e jump the shark. I don’t sense that this season; really solid start to the new season.

It is so well written that it's the best show I've seen in years. Depending on how the next few seasons go it might be my favorite ever.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
50404225-0-image-a-14_1636731375031.jpg

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Cowboy Bebop (Netflix) - Went into this not knowing much outside the trailer looking good. Not an anime fan so never watched the show before. Has a pretty good cast including the Asian Milf guy from American Pie and the hot scientist from Jurassic World 2 along with some other people. Basically the gist of it is in the future Earth is uninhabitable and we live in different planets in space. Bounty hunters (Cowboys) are paid by the space police to bring in criminals. Our main three characters team up to make some cash. The main character also has a back story with the organized crime group it explores as well.

Once again I knew nothing about this. It has a good mix of Sci-Fi, humor, drama and some occasional boobs. Sets up a pretty cool world if you will with the different effects and scenery. Biggest complaint is that the two hot lesbians only kissed before it showed them waking up in bed togethor. So we got robbed of the good part. Not the greatest show, but a nice one if looking for something quirky. 7/10

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Cowboy Bebop (Netflix) - Went into this not knowing much outside the trailer looking good. Not an anime fan so never watched the show before. Has a pretty good cast including the Asian Milf guy from American Pie and the hot scientist from Jurassic World 2 along with some other people. Basically the gist of it is in the future Earth is uninhabitable and we live in different planets in space. Bounty hunters (Cowboys) are paid by the space police to bring in criminals. Our main three characters team up to make some cash. The main character also has a back story with the organized crime group it explores as well.

Once again I knew nothing about this. It has a good mix of Sci-Fi, humor, drama and some occasional boobs. Sets up a pretty cool world if you will with the different effects and scenery. Biggest complaint is that the two hot lesbians only kissed before it showed them waking up in bed togethor. So we got robbed of the good part. Not the greatest show, but a nice one if looking for something quirky. 7/10

I haven't watched the original, but the first season ( I don't know if there was more) is available on netflix. I tried to watch it while working, but subtitles... Is it a full attention show, or something you can watch while distracted?

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I haven't watched the original, but the first season ( I don't know if there was more) is available on netflix. I tried to watch it while working, but subtitles... Is it a full attention show, or something you can watch while distracted?
this one is live action and the only subtitles are if someone is speaking in an alien language, which I actually don't remember much of. Its all in English and you won't miss much if watching while working. I actually thought their missions where the better part of the show then the back story crime stuff. I'm assuming it does well enough for a second season.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
this one is live action and the only subtitles are if someone is speaking in an alien language, which I actually don't remember much of. Its all in English and you won't miss much if watching while working. I actually thought their missions where the better part of the show then the back story crime stuff. I'm assuming it does well enough for a second season.

One of my sons is a HUGE anime/manga fan and is a follower of the original Cowboy Bebop series.
I'll throw a text over to him and see if he's watched it yet...
Then... I'll report back here.
Over and Out.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
One of my sons is a HUGE anime/manga fan and is a follower of the original Cowboy Bebop series.
I'll throw a text over to him and see if he's watched it yet...
Then... I'll report back here.
Over and Out.

Here's what I got back:

"Heard it was awful, looks bad too. I'd rather just rewatch the anime."

So... apparently he hasn't seen it, but he is a purist, so that probably means he's a little too picky with his anime reboots.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Here's what I got back:

"Heard it was awful, looks bad too. I'd rather just rewatch the anime."

So... apparently he hasn't seen it, but he is a purist, so that probably means he's a little too picky with his anime reboots.
That would be my guess and I get it. It's hard to capture in real life what you can do in animation. Plus I know those anime fans are extremely picky on the source material. I went into it as someone who had no clue and it was enjoyable enough.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
True Story on Netflix is Great, and it stars 2 actors I hate: Kevin Hart and Wesley Snipes.

Kevin Hart basically plays himself with a different name: a super rich & famous celebrity. He goes back home to do a stand up gig, and he brings a girl home from a bar. When he wakes up, she’s lying in bed next to him dead.

Surprisingly, Hart and Snipes deliver, and the plot is twisting and original. For me, original is key: I’m so tired of the same old same old.

Highly recommend. Definitely not a typical Hart or Snipes schtick. It’s legit suspense

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
So far Hawkeye on Disney + is pretty good but only 3 episodes in since they do it weekly. Looking forward to Boba Fett and The Witcher Season 2

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So far Hawkeye on Disney + is pretty good but only 3 episodes in since they do it weekly. Looking forward to Boba Fett and The Witcher Season 2

I heard they brought up Echo... are they referencing the Vincent D'Onofrio Kingpin?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
True Story on Netflix is Great, and it stars 2 actors I hate: Kevin Hart and Wesley Snipes.

Kevin Hart basically plays himself with a different name: a super rich & famous celebrity. He goes back home to do a stand up gig, and he brings a girl home from a bar. When he wakes up, she’s lying in bed next to him dead.

Surprisingly, Hart and Snipes deliver, and the plot is twisting and original. For me, original is key: I’m so tired of the same old same old.

Highly recommend. Definitely not a typical Hart or Snipes schtick. It’s legit suspense

Sounds like the plot of the Flight Attendant.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Anyone watch this?
I have watched Season 1 and the first episode of Season 2.
I'm hooked...

How to With John Wilson
It’s surprisingly good. During 1st few minutes of 1st episode, I was wondering if this is the gheyest show on all of tv.

But, once you get the main guy’s vibe/sense of humor, it’s a great show. I binged about 4 episodes, and can’t wait to watch more.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
It’s surprisingly good. During 1st few minutes of 1st episode, I was wondering if this is the gheyest show on all of tv.

But, once you get the main guy’s vibe/sense of humor, it’s a great show. I binged about 4 episodes, and can’t wait to watch more.

yep... same here. "Who is this guy and how did he get a show?" :)

But then as it gets a little further along, you finally get his approach. He's deceptively funny.
And those visual shots of the NYC area are awesome...

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015

Just binged the 3 episodes this weekend. Didn't realize the whole season hadn't dropped. I thought it was excellent, and I can't wait for the rest. I like how they have Jeremy Renner as the wanna-be retired dad moving on with his life that gets tangled up with Kate Bishop (can't figure out if she's hot or not, there's something about her face throwing me off). But it's gone very well through the first few episodes, I'm loving the humor with the Track Suit Mafia. Should set up nicely for Kate to take the role later, and pivot into MCU4 films, I hope.

I've tried a few times to watch The Witcher, but just cannot get into it yet.

I heard they brought up Echo... are they referencing the Vincent D'Onofrio Kingpin?

I had no idea who that character was, so I did some google work. Yeah, it's the same echo who ended up working for Kingpin, according to the history. In this series, she's only been shown to be leading some bad guys, her uncle was killed by Ronin so she's set against anyone wearing the outfit (spoiler = Kate wore it by accident, hence Hawkeye stepping in to try and clear her name). No hint as yet to her dad, Kingpin, or any of that, just the basics thus far and not really showing any of her skills other than fighting and that she's deaf. Fwiw, I sincerely doubt they'd drag D'Onofrio back to play Kingpin. I thought it was a good role for him, but I'm certain they will recast if they bring that character into this series, they'd want someone younger they can then weave through other series, I'm sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.