Show recommendation thread

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Lol. I thought he was a real horse show dude which is why he was such a bad actor. I almost turned it off because of constant show horse footage. Once youve seen one or two horse "slides" and horse "sheep dogs" you've seen enough.
Him being the writer explains it. Those scenes stuck out like Coppalas daughter in the Godfather.

Actually - Taylor Sheridan does the vast majority of the writing on Yellowstone, and he created it.
There's the prequel '1883' which he also wrote.
He's also appeared in several episodes of each show.
Those horse slides - the main guy who brought those show horses out to the ranch for their viewing is Taylor Sheridan.
Taylor also trains the crew how to ride the horses.

And -
if you are a fan like I am of 'Hell or High Water', 'Wind River' and 'Sicario', he wrote the screenplays for those.

iu

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Binged zero,zerp,zero.

6/10.

Ending could have been better. Old Don has heart attack, as the chick drives off twitching, the Mexican SWAT team arrive via helicopter.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
StarWars Andor.

1st 3 episodes available on Disney.

I'm a big Star Wars fan. I've liked all the add on.

These 3 episodes left me saying
Black And White Whatever GIF

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Justified on Hulu.

Watchable.

7/10

On season one episode 9.

Main character wore a Gator shirt (looks like 80s vintage )

Screenshot_20220927_181322.jpg

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Watched the Netflix documentary on Nolan Ryan. Excellent!

Last night, we watch the 3 part mini documentary on Netflix about that crazy chick that buried her kids in the yard out west. "Sins of our Mother". Holy cow entertaining.

Tried to watch Dahmer. Couldnt make it to the end. I stopped and resumed it several times.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Last night, we watch the 3 part mini documentary on Netflix about that crazy chick that buried her kids in the yard out west. "Sins of our Mother". Holy cow entertaining.

Tried to watch Dahmer. Couldnt make it to the end. I stopped and resumed it several times.

I’m about to start Dahmer today on my flight.

Started Echoes on Netflix…kind of has a gone girl type feel to it but about twins that keep switching places and one goes missing. So far through 3 episodes it’s pretty bizarre but entertaining

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Found a series on HBO Max called Industry. It’s loaded with drug use(a bit over embellished from my experience) and, of course, has the have a way over the top gay element, but I find some of it relatable and enjoyable. Generally fast forward at least once in every episode, but it’s decent. On season 2.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

Dahmer is an acquired taste.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Found a series on HBO Max called Industry. It’s loaded with drug use(a bit over embellished from my experience) and, of course, has the have a way over the top gay element, but I find some of it relatable and enjoyable. Generally fast forward at least once in every episode, but it’s decent. On season 2.
I just can't watch gays anymore. I've reached gay saturation.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
This is in my top 5 shows ever.
The cowboy hat and the Gator shirt works every time. Women.
Mark Wahlberg No GIF by Daddy's Home

edit:
I'm on season 2 of Justified. It's picked up somewhat.

I'll have to upgrade from 7/10 to 8/10. There are some well thought out, intertwined and on-going story lines.

Breaking Bad is my benchmark for binging 10/10.

Last edited:

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We kept pushing through Dahmer during the hurricane. Glad we did. Almost finished now.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I'm half-way through season 3 of Justified now.
Re-scaled to 8.5/10.
This is one of a handful of shows that I mourned the loss of the characters when it’s over.
Most shows have run their course after 6 seasons and you’re just ready for it to end.

Seedy and I watched it twice.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
      Members
      Latest member
      fishermb