Show recommendation thread

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@cover2 (and anyone else who ever saw episodes of the TV show (not movie) "12 O'clock High"

After working my way through all the seasons recorded on my DVR, I've come to realize that being a MALE "guess star" on an episode of 12 O'clock High leads to certain fiery death in a bomber (or on the ground if shot down).... wayyyyyy more so than being a "red shirt" on Star Trek and being asked to go down to the surface of a strange new planet!
View attachment 52153

As for FEMALE "guest stars", always hot, always someone who went on to bigger things.
Interestingly, I recall watching an episode of “12 O’Clock High” a while back where Shatner was the guest star. Can’t remember whether he was kaput in that episode, but it plays along with your observations.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Interestingly, I recall watching an episode of “12 O’Clock High” a while back where Shatner was the guest star. Can’t remember whether he was kaput in that episode, but it plays along with your observations.
In terms of male guest stars, 12 O'clock High had a stunning record of posting "young no names getting their first roles" who went on to HUGE success. Off the top of my head, there are: Shatner, Tom Skerritt, Burt Reynolds, John Voight, Jack Lord, Bruce Dern

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
In terms of male guest stars, 12 O'clock High had a stunning record of posting "young no names getting their first roles" who went on to HUGE success. Off the top of my head, there are: Shatner, Tom Skerritt, Burt Reynolds, John Voight, Jack Lord, Bruce Dern
Shows like Law & Order, NYPD Blue, ER, etc were/are stepping stones/first gigs for a lot of big name actors (1 episode appearances as a nobody). Even shows like Married with Children, Seinfeld, Cheers, Friends, etc had a bunch of one episode appearances for up and coming actors.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A Canadian coworker told me about a British reality series called Hunted. You have to dig for it, but it’s also on Prime and Youtube.

The idea of the show is can you be a British fugitive for 30 days without being caught by the government. Pretty interesting the amount of shocking real time surveillance in England. There is only one rule: you cant leave the country. You dont know when your turn is coming. But when they do randomly tell you…. You got a 1 hour head start.

Everyone who fails (which is basically everyone) do the same common mistake.

First off: I am always skeptical when they have so much camera footage. I mean…. find the person with a camera crew following them!
Second off: it’s British.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
A Canadian coworker told me about a British reality series called Hunted. You have to dig for it, but it’s also on Prime and Youtube.

The idea of the show is can you be a British fugitive for 30 days without being caught by the government. Pretty interesting the amount of shocking real time surveillance in England. There is only one rule: you cant leave the country. You dont know when your turn is coming. But when they do randomly tell you…. You got a 1 hour head start.

Everyone who fails (which is basically everyone) do the same common mistake.

First off: I am always skeptical when they have so much camera footage. I mean…. find the person with a camera crew following them!
Second off: it’s British.

From your posted clip, looks like it's a show about white people hunting minorities :dunno:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
To be fair… it is supposed to be real
To be fair... can't wait for December 26th

to be fair letterkenny problems GIF

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Netflix. 3 part miniseries. Dont Pick up The Phone. Absolutely unbelievable

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Couldn’t make it through Succession. Finished the first season and no desire to continue.

Started Blacklist. So far so good. Not sure about 9 seasons though.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
The Recruit on Netflix was descent. Left on a cliffhanger so hopefully gets a second.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
F9BDD867-2CF5-4D44-B69E-C82D699D2DED.jpeg

Netflix
Worth watching - entertaining murder mystery/comedy
Could work as a family movie night with older kids.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Couldn’t make it through Succession. Finished the first season and no desire to continue.

Started Blacklist. So far so good. Not sure about 9 seasons though.
Season 2 was great. Too bad.

I watched all the seasons of Blacklist. I think more out of boredom than anything else. Nothing to write home about.

I'm rewatching Breaking Bad. I forgot how well done it was. Picking up.on a few things I missed the first go around.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Anyone watched the new Stallone series 'Tulsa King'?

Pretty danged good so far.
Co-created by the Yellowstone dude and the guy who wrote a ton of Sopranos episodes.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Finished the 3 seasons of Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime. Pretty good if you are fan of Tom Clancy. Each season is basically a 10 hour movie.
Season 1 Middle Eastern Terrorists
Season 2 Venezuela's Corrupt Government
Season 3 Classic Tom Clancy Rogue faction inside the Russian Government

It took me a couple of episodes to warm up to John Krasinski because I couldnt get The Office out of my head. But he does a good job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb