Show recommendation thread

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
View attachment 57982

Has anyone tried Loudermilk on Amazon? We made it to season 2. It’s definitely watchable with some funny parts. Not the worst show ever. So far I’d give it a 6.5/10. Loudermilk heads up a rehab support group. Every episode is based around a therapy session.
Season 3 jumped the rails about gender and pro-nouns. We will give it one more episode to see if we turn it off.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Succession - finally watched the finale. Spoilers ahead. I remember that the first season was good. But the last three not so much. I think the show suffered from not having a clear character to root for or, even like. The three kids were unrelatable at best and despicable at worst. I did kinda like Tom - seemed to be the only character who knew who he was and what he wanted. The rest were not that self-aware.
The big problem I found was that went from crisis to crises w/o consequences. The DOJ investigation was made out to be a company ender but it just quietly went away. Kendal exposes the cruise scandal but in the end nothing comes of it. Drop plot lines to get on to the next. After a while I didn't know or really care. I think it could of been better. Nobody got killed or sent to prison. The worst that happens is someone becomes an unemployed billionaire. And I wish they had us rooting for someone. Tom getting they head job was satisfying but I wish they executed it better.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Just watched the final episode of Ted Lasso.
Fantastic- well worth the watch.
Love that show and yes the final episode was fantastic, with just a few minor complaints from me. There is still a lot that could be told if they wanted to, but they ended it well if they don't. He is already back tracking the last week from it being 100% over to maybe they just need a break and then come back when they have a better story fleshed out.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
FUBAR (Netflix) - Arnold Schwarzenegger stars as a CIA agent retiring. However they call him back in for one last mission to extract another agent who's cover has been blown from a terrorist organization that he has ties to from his past work. Turns out the agent is his daughter and they are forced to team up to stop the terrorist plot.

This show is not good, but not horrible. I used it to fill time when nothing else was on. It's a little campy and they all know it so its good it doesn't take itself to seriously. They also use some of it to poke fun at his past work here and there as well.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Succession - finally watched the finale. Spoilers ahead. I remember that the first season was good. But the last three not so much. I think the show suffered from not having a clear character to root for or, even like. The three kids were unrelatable at best and despicable at worst. I did kinda like Tom - seemed to be the only character who knew who he was and what he wanted. The rest were not that self-aware.
The big problem I found was that went from crisis to crises w/o consequences. The DOJ investigation was made out to be a company ender but it just quietly went away. Kendal exposes the cruise scandal but in the end nothing comes of it. Drop plot lines to get on to the next. After a while I didn't know or really care. I think it could of been better. Nobody got killed or sent to prison. The worst that happens is someone becomes an unemployed billionaire. And I wish they had us rooting for someone. Tom getting they head job was satisfying but I wish they executed it better.
I'm on the road, so haven't seen the finale yet, but I was hoping Lukas would buy, Lawrence would be the final CEO, kids on the street.

Overall, I agree, they could have cut out an entire season really.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
FUBAR (Netflix) - Arnold Schwarzenegger stars as a CIA agent retiring. However they call him back in for one last mission to extract another agent who's cover has been blown from a terrorist organization that he has ties to from his past work. Turns out the agent is his daughter and they are forced to team up to stop the terrorist plot.

This show is not good, but not horrible. I used it to fill time when nothing else was on. It's a little campy and they all know it so its good it doesn't take itself to seriously. They also use some of it to poke fun at his past work here and there as well.
Man, that sounds worse than Chernobyl!

DarksideGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 8, 2017
Watched the Conor McGregor documentary on Netflix. He is a character, entertaining. Some great behind the scenes including his injuries. What those guys go through is insane, especially last few days cutting weight.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
The big problem I found was that went from crisis to crises w/o consequences. The DOJ investigation was made out to be a company ender but it just quietly went away. Kendal exposes the cruise scandal but in the end nothing comes of it. Drop plot lines to get on to the next. After a while I didn't know or really care. I think it could have been better. Nobody got killed or sent to prison. The worst that happens is someone becomes an unemployed billionaire. And I wish they had us rooting for someone. Tom getting they head job was satisfying but I wish they executed it better.
Here’s my recap…
IMG_0156.png
IMG_0157.png
IMG_0158.png

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
The big problem I found was that went from crisis to crises w/o consequences. The DOJ investigation was made out to be a company ender but it just quietly went away. Kendal exposes the cruise scandal but in the end nothing comes of it. Drop plot lines to get on to the next. After a while I didn't know or really care. I think it could have been better. Nobody got killed or sent to prison. The worst that happens is someone becomes an unemployed billionaire. And I wish they had us rooting for someone. Tom getting they head job was satisfying but I wish they executed it better.
Some spoilers: I enjoyed the show more than most shows out today . At least it didn’t treat its audience like morons like most garbage that comes out.

I liked that NONE of the characters were good people. An interesting dynamic

But, I agree on the plot lines just fizzling out and no consequences. Other than the Old Man dying a bit early on, there really were no major plot twists or “Oh sh!t” moments that a great show will have.

All in all, still a well made series and worth the watch. I’d give it a 7.5/10

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The actor that plays Greg did a bang up job - very awkward/uncomfortable (for the viewer) anytime they showed him, because you knew he was going to day or do something ridiculous, plus all the ass kissing.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Love that show and yes the final episode was fantastic, with just a few minor complaints from me. There is still a lot that could be told if they wanted to, but they ended it well if they don't. He is already back tracking the last week from it being 100% over to maybe they just need a break and then come back when they have a better story fleshed out.

It was a great ending to the show--honestly, one of the better finales in recent memory. Each of the characters completed their character arc (with the exception of Rupert) and while there's still a lot they could do, it's a fitting conclusion.

Hope they leave it there rather than drag it out further because a lot of Season 3 was "meh" overall. Needless nods to progressive talking point agendas; waaay too much airtime given to Keeley; etc.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
The actor that plays Greg did a bang up job - very awkward/uncomfortable (for the viewer) anytime they showed him, because you knew he was going to day or do something ridiculous, plus all the ass kissing.
Everyone did a great job... Son #2 and I ranked it like this:
  1. Logan the clear #1, just because
  2. Tier 2 is Greg, Roman, and Tom
  3. Tier 3 is err'body else

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
It was a great ending to the show--honestly, one of the better finales in recent memory. Each of the characters completed their character arc (with the exception of Rupert) and while there's still a lot they could do, it's a fitting conclusion.

Hope they leave it there rather than drag it out further because a lot of Season 3 was "meh" overall. Needless nods to progressive talking point agendas; waaay too much airtime given to Keeley; etc.
Yep. They tried to snake a few in, but luckily didn't go overboard.

As for Rupert I think he did get a proper ending if you think about it. He loses everything he loves. Wife 2 leaves him and he is kicked out of ownership of another team. Rebeccas has moved on completely. The Richmond fans now villify him rather than wishing he would come back (possibly the most hurtful after them being the team he loved). He also has a bad case of hemorroids if you remember the callback to the assistant bringing it up in the one episode and how he was struggling to sit and walk in the last episode. Not sure what else the show's top d*ck could have had happen other than having to speak to Ted knowing he got the best of him in the long run. He's been utterly humiliated and booted from the game he loves.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
@gingerlover

Have no clue how to do the Spoiler thing; but what I'm going to hint at doesn't ruin anything: the 3rd to last episode when all the owners were discussing the new "Super League" it seemed for a very brief second that Rupert would have his epiphany and move in the general redemptive direction as the others.

Given that's the general theme of the show, seemed like that was the direction they were going in before he reverts to form in the manner you described.

Thought the Darth Vader cape was a bit unnecessary and made him cartoonish: the real genius in his character is that his charm is all-too relatable to everyday "villains."

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Everybody I know that watched season 3 of Ted Lasso said that the first episode was ok, then the entire middle of the season sucked. Most of them stopped watching it but the few who stuck it out said the last episode or 2 got good again. Anyone confirm? Sounds like, as with just about every single other show out there, they gotta go completely off the rails with all the gay/woke/trans pronoun finger-wagging weirdness.

If anyone needs me, I'll be outside yelling at clouds.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Everybody I know that watched season 3 of Ted Lasso said that the first episode was ok, then the entire middle of the season sucked. Most of them stopped watching it but the few who stuck it out said the last episode or 2 got good again. Anyone confirm? Sounds like, as with just about every single other show out there, they gotta go completely off the rails with all the gay/woke/trans pronoun finger-wagging weirdness.

yeah...it was an uneven season... and finished with a couple good episodes.
The montage at the end summed up most of what happens to the characters.
I'd finish it out

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

I almost stopped watching but made it through.

Why they let a refreshing, well written and acted show devolve mid season is beyond me.

Bullying.

Fuchtards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.