Show recommendation thread

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Watched Superpumped on Netflix. About the rise and fall of Uber CEO. Has a good cast anchored by Joseph Gordon Levitt and Kyle Chandler. Basically goes through the start of the company, raising money, getting a big head, fostering horrible culture and ultimately being ousted by the board. The narrator is Tarantino as well. Was pretty well done and waited until episode 6 of 7 before any politics came into it, as they made it seem that when he didn't disrespect Trump his team turned on him and started leaking everything. The irony is the love they showed Reagan a few times.
Was well done, obviously has a lot of fluff that isn't accurate. They plan on doing a new company every season.

Asoka on Disney + is absolutely horrible on so many levels. I watched because I wanted to see them find Ezra as my son and I watched Rebels back when it was on. Basically she is magically the greatest Jedi ever and can do things no one before her could. I knew I was in trouble when they compared the old Jedi order to the patriarchy in one of the early episodes. Lots and lots of bad and WTF in this. The best characters are one of the fallen Jedi characters and a droid. They also have witches and magic in Star Wars now. So much bad.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I watched swamp kings this weekend. Was very good but honestly, watching it just pissed me off bc it was yet another reminder of the type of coach that we need. One that hates losing and it motivates them daily. We had that with sos and urb. But instead, we've been served up 15 years of "I'm just happy to be here and cash a check."

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I'm watch8ng the Patriot (on ep 6) on Amazon Prime.

7/10. Worth a watch.

Kind of dark and humorous, like Barry, but not as well written. Actors are good.

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Show put together by Ken Burns. Done really well.

Last edited:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Your Honor - streaming on Paramount.
Im just on episode 3.

8/10 so far. Bryan Cranston. He plays a Judge whose kid has a hit and run that kills the city mob boss' son. He covers it up. One lie leads to another. The web is getting thick.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The Recruit on Netflix - only one season, pretty good. Action and a little comedy, didn't notice any woke nonsense either.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Watching The Firm on Amazon - it's older (from 2014 I think), follows the story from the movie 10+ years later. Two seasons, so far pretty good (only 4 episodes in).

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Just finished Outlander - first half of season seven. If you like the series you will like the latest episodes.
If you put any stock in Rotten Tomatoes scores, it got a 100%.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Just finished Outlander - first half of season seven. If you like the series you will like the latest episodes.
If you put any stock in Rotten Tomatoes scores, it got a 100%.

I quit watching it after the 3rd or 4th season - got too sci-fi for me.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
This has probably been discussed but I'm not going back 37 pages...

Anyone watch 'The Crown'?
We just started season 3 and it's pretty danged good.

Also -

'The Man Who Fell to Earth' just wrapped Season 1. That was a gooder too.
Chiwetel Ejiofor can bring it... and the other lead...
Naomi Harris = a show of smoke.

View attachment 45441
My wife is watching The Crown and she loves it. Binged the four new episodes yesterda.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Yep... 4 new ones on the 16th, 4 more in December :lol:

Just binged them tonight - not the happiest of episodes

Sad Cry GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Buried on Netflix. 90 minute documentary about the massive snow avalanche in California in 1982. Holy shiit wow.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Watched the Beckham documentary on Netflix. I know absolutely nothing about soccer... or the spice girls.... but it is definitely worth the watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator