Show recommendation thread

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Kevin Hart documentary on Netflix. Also damned good. These people have a drive and work ethic that is truly inspiring.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I don’t recall anyone mentioning “Billions” on Amazon Prime (showtime) but we are in Season 3 and I would recommend it if you’re looking for something to watch. I’d give it an 8 so far but it’s got time to jump the shark. Of course Season 2 brought in the obligatory non-binary they/them he/she. :facepalm:

It reminds me of a podcast I listened to last summer about the FBI vs Steven Cohen, a shady hedge fund manager. The story line in the first season is very similar.

1705767053904.jpeg

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Okish. Better than a lot of stuff out there but I wish we'd waited until they were all released to watch it. I was bored by the last episode. Fight scenes were unrealistic.

Same. The last fight killed a lot of it, but still a fun show.

Watched Ted (Seth McFarland talking teddy bear)on Peacock. Set in the early 90’s and tries to show horn some woke things that didn’t exist then in, but has a few hysterical moments.

Caught Loudermilk on Netflix. It’s a shame it didn’t find a home when the network it was on went belly up.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is on Hulu. This is the famous case of the adopted Ukrainian girl was apparently an adult. This thing is absolutely insane.

A little long in that it is 12 45 minute episodes. But man is it nuts.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
This is on Hulu. This is the famous case of the adopted Ukrainian girl was apparently an adult. This thing is absolutely insane.

A little long in that it is 12 45 minute episodes. But man is it nuts.

I’ve been reading headlines in the news for the last year. Truly bizarre story.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
First season of Reacher was way better than the 2nd. IMO they are supposed to be gritty but fairly local thrillers, not some Mission Impossible style whackiness.

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
I have enjoyed both Reacher seasons but the S2 finale was a little anti climactic considering they took care of the baddies within the first 20 mins of the episode

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Monarch on Apple + is pretty descent. Explores the origins of the group that tracks Godzilla and company trying to prevent catastrophic events. Stars Kurt Russell and his son Wyatt for flashback scenes.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Started watching Ballers on Netflix....I know it's an older show from HBO, but starts off pretty good and lots of ass and titties :lol:

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Watched the first episode of Masters of the Air this morning--it's produced by Spielberg and Tom Hanks as a follow-up to Band of Brothers and The Pacific.

Already can tell it's going to be a good show--first episode starts off by throwing them straight into the fire and shows the nightmare that was the skies over Europe in WWII.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Season 2 of Reacher sucked - super cheesy (the singing parts and all the gung-ho phoniness), his know-it-all and "I don't own anything"/"I just need a new toothbrush", etc was just over the top stupid, cheesy, and PG-13ish. I like the actor - he's super religious in real life - but the 2nd season was almost unwatchable - I got sucked into it and after the 3rd episode or so figured I'd just finish it, if it was any longer than 8 episodes I may have killed myself.

Just started the first season of Loudermilk (Netflix, 3 seasons) - so far it's pretty good. Actor from Office Space is a disgruntled, angry AA counselor leading a pack of misfits, a lot of funny non-sense.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Season 2 of Reacher sucked - super cheesy (the singing parts and all the gung-ho phoniness), his know-it-all and "I don't own anything"/"I just need a new toothbrush", etc was just over the top stupid, cheesy, and PG-13ish. I like the actor - he's super religious in real life - but the 2nd season was almost unwatchable - I got sucked into it and after the 3rd episode or so figured I'd just finish it, if it was any longer than 8 episodes I may have killed myself.

Just started the first season of Loudermilk (Netflix, 3 seasons) - so far it's pretty good. Actor from Office Space is a disgruntled, angry AA counselor leading a pack of misfits, a lot of funny non-sense.

The wife just started watching Loudermilk... guess I'll have to catch up with her.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I'm probably the last person in the whole US to NOT have seen True Detective.
I watched season one... WOW.
Apparently it's the only season really worth watching.

McConaughey is incredible

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.