Showers

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
I got to thinking tonight that I didn't remember hearing Showers name called. Went back and checked the box score and saw he only had one reception for 3 yards...I know its only one game but I definitely thought he would contribute more in this offense then he did today.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It kind of surprised me also because last year he was close to quite a few real big plays if he just cut the right way instead of into the lone defender in his area.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was readering one of Goldkamp's practice reports in the off-season and he said he didn't see showers getting the ball much because there were so many playmakers on that side of the ball that he was getting lost in the shuffle.

He will probably be the Solomon Patton of 2012. The occasional jet sweep, but not a big part of the offense.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Don't worry,I expect a big year from Valdez"golden" showers

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was even more surprised to not see Lane :dunno:

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorphan;n45061 said:
We were wondering the same thing...but coach said he had a family situation come up Thursday so he was in Winter Haven.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Funny how many "playmakers" we seem to have found this year.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think Showers may benefit from McGee's unfortunate injury. He's a guy we could see fill that spot in routes where we're looking for a more athletic route-runner than Burton or Westbrook can be. Having said that, I'm proud of the work Clay Burton has obviously been putting in. He looked like the most improved player on the entire team.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n45532 said:
I think Showers may benefit from McGee's unfortunate injury. He's a guy we could see fill that spot in routes where we're looking for a more athletic route-runner than Burton or Westbrook can be. Having said that, I'm proud of the work Clay Burton has obviously been putting in. He looked like the most improved player on the entire team.

I was pleasantly shocked with Clay. Hope he has a big year.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n45540 said:

Me too; smooth, concise route-running and a sure handedness we have not ever seen from him. Great start.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
The Original DC;n45532 said:

I was thinking hte same. Use him like we did Reed, spread him out and create mismatches.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC said:
NavetG8r;n45540 said:

Me too; smooth, concise route-running and a sure handedness we have not ever seen from him. Great start.
He saw his brother make some NFL money and decided to go get himself some of that as well.

GatorFin

Jul 24, 2014
Swamp Queen said:
Gatorphan;n45061 said:
We were wondering the same thing...but coach said he had a family situation come up Thursday so he was in Winter Haven.
Ahhhhhhhhh. Thank you

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC said:
NavetG8r;n45540 said:

And he wants the ball. He knows he has to step up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.