SI Move UF Class Rank to Number 1

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Except it takes 3 years to see how good a highly ranked class really was. Mac may not be killing it like Urbs was with Hernandez and company but I'd say he's holding his own. Besides, dogs sniff each others classes, not Gators.

I see what you did there. Very nice.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Nobody said anything even close to that. Typical wobble post. BTW, we have zero 5 stars in this class. Has never happened in a non-transition year.
And I don't expect any. Maybe Wilson.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think we get NCM.
Maybe but I don't know if our qb situation is stable enough. That's something he was worried about and his brother decommiting didn't help. Just like every other top wr in the state the past few years, I think he's a nole.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe but I don't know if our qb situation is stable enough. That's something he was worried about and his brother decommiting didn't help. Just like every other top wr in the state the past few years, I think he's a nole.

I'd be surprised. I think we get NCM and maybe 1 more WR.

Last edited:

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When I look at the Rivals list by position I see Mac collecting playmakers:

3 - four star receivers with more maybe to come (NCM, Bruce)
2 - four star running backs
1 - four star quarterback

This is a nice compliment to the solid line of scrimmage haul last year. Mac also said he'd go get a kicker. Not only did he do it, but he raped Nicky in the process.

I would like to see our average stars come up from 3.27 to at least 3.4, but it may happen with a good NSD.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Back to this class, yeaaa this will get some recruits fired up about being part of the "#1" class

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
#1 Kicker Eddy Pineiro committed tonight to Florida!!!!!!!
Huge deal. Throw in a couple of inside linebackers and we have met our needs, with Franks as a backup kicker perhaps.

Icing on the cake, a plug the middle DT (maybe JUCO) and a couple of guard/center OL.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I agree. To the captain's point, we do need the bodies but I do expect our future classes to have much better talent. We should still be able to close with some good talent in this class though.

TRex has basically said it. I was just beating him to the punch.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We'll end up with a consensus top 5 class, maybe top 3, and we'll add 2 or 3 of those 5-star guys still out there before it's over. Think back to last year when we were 100th+ in the rankings literally right up until signing day, this year is far different. We can always go back and forth on the stars thing, but to me, Jarrad Davis was the best player on defense this year and Antonio Callaway was the best player on offense. Both 3-stars.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We'll end up with a consensus top 5 class, maybe top 3, and we'll add 2 or 3 of those 5-star guys still out there before it's over. Think back to last year when we were 100th+ in the rankings literally right up until signing day, this year is far different. We can always go back and forth on the stars thing, but to me, Jarrad Davis was the best player on defense this year and Antonio Callaway was the best player on offense. Both 3-stars.

For the one millionth time. Callaway was a four star.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm going to start saying that Tebow, Harvin, and Spikes were the greatest 3 stars we ever had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.