SI- Ranking all 69 Power 5 Schools Based on Desirability Ratings

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yet another thread in the sports forum has been hijacked with unnecessary political cracks by the same handful of idiots who do it over and over and over and over. They cannot help themselves because they apparently have absolutely no self control. Looks like I'm going to have to crack down harder.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Yet another thread has been hijacked with unnecessary political cracks by the same handful of idiots who do it over and over and over and over. They cannot help themselves because they apparently have absolutely no self control. Looks like I'm going to have to crack down harder.
:ox2:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Yet another thread in the sports forum has been hijacked with unnecessary political cracks by the same handful of idiots who do it over and over and over and over. They cannot help themselves because they apparently have absolutely no self control. Looks like I'm going to have to crack down harder.
If you give NOLA a vacation please make sure he gets to go with the Miami Moron. Thanks!

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin at #7?

Spock Encerio GIF
They're clearly living off the past....
1658184285462.png

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I don’t know what the hell you’re talking about. I want UF to be an elite school. Be elite academically. And be elite athletically.
Want and being are two different things.

And UF will never be as Elite as an Ivy League and maybe even UCLA...but those schools will never win a NC.

You choose.

I'm not hijacking anything...Name a top academic school that is a football powerhouse?

Name a top research university that also is top in applied science?

They tend to be different.

Again...not good or bad...it's a choice...You decide.

And I think most on Chatter would rather be a football powerhouse and be very good academically than elite academically and be a perpetual 10-2

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
@NOLAGATOR , you seem to hijack nearly every thread that in any way mentions academics at UF with this “penis envy” rant about the word “elite” and how anyone putting seeds in an egg carton and a dream should get in. GIVE IT A REST. Perhaps @oxrageous could use his magic and replace “elite” with “STFU”.

Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

I have issues with the ranking for ranking sake...I could give a rats arse what ranking the football team has...Did we win the SEC East, the SEC, a NC...That's what counts.
Do the players execute? Do they play disciplined football? Do they go on to the NFL? Can they function after football?

I don't care where UF ranks academically...Do the kids get a good education? Are their degrees useful? What's the job placement rate? Is Shands helping people? Are we doing good research? Is the research ground breaking or practical?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I have issues with the ranking for ranking sake...I could give a rats arse what ranking the football team has...Did we win the SEC East, the SEC, a NC...That's what counts.
Do the players execute? Do they play disciplined football? Do they go on to the NFL? Can they function after football?

I don't care where UF ranks academically...Do the kids get a good education? Are their degrees useful? What's the job placement rate? Is Shands helping people? Are we doing good research? Is the research ground breaking or practical?

1658237121017.gif

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
I read all three pages of this thread and rate its DESIRABILITY as painful.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

1. Depends on the major they CHOOSE... just like it always has.
  2. Depends on the major they CHOOSE... jut like it always has.
  3. Depends on the major they CHOOSE... just like it always has, and for many useful majors, the placement is 100%, with top companies not just in the US, but globally. That is a new twist. Until about 20 years ago, UF grads were just a "good value" for Fortune 500 companies. Now they are actively recruited on campus. I see this in biz school, engineering, and, gasp, Ag. Lombardi started the push.
  4. Yes, Shands is helping people.
  5. Yes, we are doing good research.
  6. Probably more ground breaking than practical, but both. Yes, it used to be more practical, that's what run of the mill schools do. Ground breaking leads to practical, period. That said, a LOT of pioneers in "ground breaking" over the last 30 years has been by Gator grads from the "practical" era, see NVIDIA (among many, many, others0>
We get it NOLA, YOU don't like it.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
I'm not hijacking anything...Name a top academic school that is a football powerhouse?

Notre Dame, Michigan, & Texas are all highly ranked academically and traditional football powerhouses; though all 3 have gone awhile without a national championship.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
  1. Depends on the major they CHOOSE... just like it always has.
  2. Depends on the major they CHOOSE... jut like it always has.
  3. Depends on the major they CHOOSE... just like it always has, and for many useful majors, the placement is 100%, with top companies not just in the US, but globally. That is a new twist. Until about 20 years ago, UF grads were just a "good value" for Fortune 500 companies. Now they are actively recruited on campus. I see this in biz school, engineering, and, gasp, Ag. Lombardi started the push.
  4. Yes, Shands is helping people.
  5. Yes, we are doing good research.
  6. Probably more ground breaking than practical, but both. Yes, it used to be more practical, that's what run of the mill schools do. Ground breaking leads to practical, period. That said, a LOT of pioneers in "ground breaking" over the last 30 years has been by Gator grads from the "practical" era, see NVIDIA (among many, many, others0>
We get it NOLA, YOU don't like it.

No brother...I don't like rank for the sake of ranking...it's teaching the test...not testing the knowledge.
I don't like being Ultra -WOKE...BUT those doing the ranking are looking for that.
I also like HIGH STANDARD...No issue. I have ISSUE with UF is purposely keeping enrolment down to keep RANKINGS up NOT standards...
I was told that by Fuchs..."That is policy. Students will just need to study harder" "We are not looking to increase faculty or enrolment" Now I know he's stepping down...BUT he was quite clear.
So the state of Florida is increasing population...UF does not care...They are not increasing enrolment. And research will be done if "Cutting Edge" or for the highest bidder. The entire Land Grant System was predicated on "Practical Applied Research"

And @oxrageous @Detroitgator...I brought this up in the SPORTS Forum because do you want Sports NCs or not? Check your STATS, history, and Staff BIOs...The people who drive the "ELITE" status in the upper educational system...DON'T give a damn about sports, traditions (Gator Bait), unless it pushes their agenda. Who are the Top Elite Universities? Public Universities?

You can be TOP 20 and still accomplish what I'm advocating.

But I'll drop it

And @Detroitgator UGA is now starting to utilize the same research policy...Bring your wallet $$$ or don't bother
It's very hard to get that practical applied research and any school...ISU and aTm are a few

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb