Status
Not open for further replies.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He wasn't a dumb guy. I bet in 2020 he didn't "find out" where you guys stood politically. I have known for many years and I am dumb AF.

What has changed politically is it gets talked about constantly on here by some, starting around COVID. It has finally slowed down some. Everything is blamed on liberalism. SOME of it rightfully so. He probably felt the same way I do, that some of it was allowed to go way too far. There's a difference between a disagreement and a personal attack.

I've said it before. Some of you are great about having an actual discussion but there are a ton who are allowed to be just complete name-calling ****-starters.

Anyway let the , "nobody was asking you," or whatever smart ass comments commence.

That’s pretty much society now. It’s awful. God forbid anyone has a different opinion.

I can laugh at the name calling on here. You either find entertainment in this sportsbar atmosphere or dont. No biggie. But threatening to dox someone is pure lunacy.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He wasn't a dumb guy. I bet in 2020 he didn't "find out" where you guys stood politically. I have known for many years and I am dumb AF.

What has changed politically is it gets talked about constantly on here by some, starting around COVID. It has finally slowed down some. Everything is blamed on liberalism. SOME of it rightfully so. He probably felt the same way I do, that some of it was allowed to go way too far. There's a difference between a disagreement and a personal attack.

I've said it before. Some of you are great about having an actual discussion but there are a ton who are allowed to be just complete name-calling ****-starters.

Anyway let the , "nobody was asking you," or whatever smart ass comments commence.

Nobody was asking you.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
The board seemingly became more political when Donnie was elected, it drove the few liberals on here crazy. Covid exacerbated everything

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hey Slevin, I know this thread will get back to you. Try being honest with yourself and others about why you left the Chatter. Tell everyone the truth about why you left, quit hiding behind sports on this one.
Freakin democrat, isn't he?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
My point here was not to start a political debate. I have no interest in that. What I am pointing out is his dishonesty about his issue with this board. It has nothing to do with the negativity.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

I have trouble understanding why you, or anyone here, really cares what another posters says. I can certainly understand a post being irritating or getting under your skin (in the interest of full disclosure, it’s happened to me), but I get over it quickly. Most of the razzing is meant in good fun; some of it is not, but so what? Welcome to the Internet. It’s not like you ever have to be around any of us when you don’t want to. I have a sister who has very different political beliefs from me. She’s a great person and I have always enjoyed hanging around her (and am currently at her house for the holiday), but we both do our best to avoid talking about politics lest we irritate one another. (Perhaps you have a similar situation with a family member.) We avoid touchy issues because we value the relationship. Outside of a couple of folks, that’s not the case here for me, or probably anyone else.

As for Slevin, he was clearly letting folks here live inside his head rent free and had no idea how to evict them other than by leaving. Probably a good decision for his mental health. Taking gratuitous shots years after leaving does seem a bit childish tho.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Funny thing..... I remember Slev calling me out several times with names that he wouldn't have said to my face. Only thing that saved him was hiding behind a screen and keyboard..... All I could do was fume and then chuckle.

This may be a classic case of addition by subtraction..... Best of luck Slev......

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
This place is a cesspool, but its my cesspool damnit. Donkey is an ass we all know that. But its fun to be a moderate on this board.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Liberalism checklist: crybaby bitch, offended by everything, never has their own opinion, thinks pedos can't help who they love, men have vaginas and women have penises, get offended by "Baby it's cold out side" while claiming "W.A.P." is a masterpiece, everything is racist, calls for diversity while forcing you to conform to their way, black lives matter but only the ones who bring no benefits to their community, needs safe spaces, claims racism while segregating races from white people in multi cultural spaces, needs others to pay for their way, hates success of others, claims to be religious, and thinks a baby is to blame for a pregnancy instead if the woman who can't close her legs or use contraception..... poor Slevin

Gators1138

Aug 12, 2014
I was on GSMB before it ODed on sunshine. This place came out of that and was a place where we didn't have to be pumpers! We could just be Gator fans. We could cheer the good and Boo the bad! Call it a cesspool if you like but it's best thing going today!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I read 247 regularly, and there is plenty of negativity over there. There's a few typical swampgas types, but it's much more 'negative' than most UF nut-swinging/sunshine pumping message boards - so it's pretty comical they'd call this place a 'cesspool'. I rarely interacted w/ Slevin, he was a know-it-all type poster w/ an over inflated sense of self worth. F*ck him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb