Small Business Owners HR question

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
This is my 41st year in business and I'm about over it...
It's only going to get more and more difficult I'm afraid due to the mindset of a lot of the people coming into the workforce....it's already been difficult to find decent people for the last 10 years or so(we've only hired 1 and she's family). I'm not so sure I want to know what it's going to be like in another 5 or 10 years.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
It's only going to get more and more difficult I'm afraid due to the mindset of a lot of the people coming into the workforce....it's already been difficult to find decent people for the last 10 years or so(we've only hired 1 and she's family). I'm not so sure I want to know what it's going to be like in another 5 or 10 years.
I wind up having this conversation with my business clients. NO one can find help.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
That used to be the case. Had a business owner tell me he can't even find bad help anymore.
Agreed. Hell even when people do hire new help anymore no one stays for very long and they put little or no effort into the job. Even the repair service industry is littered with a bunch of half asser's....I just got done paying a plumber over $600 to do a bunch of minor repairs here at the house less than 2 months ago....all he did was make excuses for why he couldn't replace/repair the leaky faucet in the roman tub, how the p trap stoppers weren't the right length and so on. The little that he did do is all broken or not working again.....I had used the same company twice before a couple of years ago and had good service and pricing....

The hospitality industry is also a joke. The one place(oyster bar) we frequent about once or twice a month used to have better than average service and we would always recognize at least a couple of the bartenders/waiters....the food while never 4 star was always consistent and pretty quick....the last 2 times including yesterday were a disaster...server was brand new again and tried hard but food ended up taking an hour between apps and dinner and they were out of oysters to begin with. Didn't see any of the old staff and the manager while nice was new...he offered us free dessert when we ask for the check which was $200 with tip for 3 people, but we ended waiting so long we just left without it..

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator