Kyree Campbell 27 (36.0%)
Khris Bogle 25 (33.3%)
Gervon Dexter 22 (29.3%)
Dante Lang 19 (25.3%)
Andrew Chatfield 13 (17.3%)
Princely Umanmielen 6 (8.0%)

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Disappointing. Guess the O-line was run blocking so well they couldn't substitute. Stiner has been widely abused on this board, but he keeps playing. Instead of criticizing, someone explain why. The only thing I see is , he hustles.
Also, someone could explain why Campbell and Slaton didn't get more snaps. Thanks.
P.S. This is a good place for someone to assure me that the silly "roughing the passer" penalties will be stopped.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Disappointing. Guess the O-line was run blocking so well they couldn't substitute. Stiner has been widely abused on this board, but he keeps playing. Instead of criticizing, someone explain why. The only thing I see is , he hustles.
Also, someone could explain why Campbell and Slaton didn't get more snaps. Thanks.
P.S. This is a good place for someone to assure me that the silly "roughing the passer" penalties will be stopped.

Slaton is an exceedingly large man. He is not as effective if he has to play every single down (as he was early in the season when Campbell was suspended). He's better when you can keep him fresh into the 4th quarter. Early in the year, he looked like a stud in the first quarter and like he was on skates in the 4th quarter.

Also, you want to substitute a better pass rusher for Slaton in obvious passing situations anyway.

Alex.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
:lol: The one guy on defense who played every snap....Stiner.
It is amazing.

Have you listened to the podcast? he just says Stiner should never be on a P5 roster and doesnt even bother critiquing his "play".

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hustles at what? Have you watched a Gator football game? His game can best be described as stepping forward (not running) standing in the middle of the field about 2 yards behind the middle linebacker area doing absolutely nothing for the first three - five seconds of every play. unless it's a slant play or screen in which case for some reason he always runs backwards as if in cover/man 1 pass coverage.

go back and watch some of the podcasts of the defense early in the season. they don't even bother critiquing Stiner anymore.

he looks like a middle school kid ad libbing every play.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
Hustles at what? Have you watched a Gator football game? His game can best be described as stepping forward (not running) standing in the middle of the field about 2 yards behind the middle linebacker area doing absolutely nothing for the first three - five seconds of every play. unless it's a slant play or screen in which case for some reason he always runs backwards as if in cover/man 1 pass coverage.

go back and watch some of the podcasts of the defense early in the season. they don't even bother critiquing Stiner anymore.

Yeah but he makes up for all that by taking bad angles... wait...

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The lack of OL rotation is maddening. Failing to blow out 3 teams with losing records 3 weeks in a row in all on Dan and that sh*tty DC he's employing. This was a perfect opportunity to experiment with an OL rotation that had Delance on the bench. Instead, Delance plays 100% of the snaps at RT. smh

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
His game can best be described as stepping forward (not running) standing in the middle of the field about 2 yards behind the middle linebacker area doing absolutely nothing for the first three - five s seconds of every play.
This!

So many times Steiner steps into where the Mike was lined up, only to pick his nose and see a post pattern tossed over his head. The CB is looking for over support, only to see an open field (where 13 should be) and a WR running into the vast greenness.

and Marco ain’t athletic or fast enough to catch a basset hound with cataracts, let alone an SEC WR

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
thanks. these responses certainly explain why Stiner is playing so much. Thanks Alex for an actual response.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Stiner has been widely abused on this board, but he keeps playing. Instead of criticizing, someone explain why.

This is a wild guess as I don't see any reason he should out on the field. But, I think Stiner is the one who runs the defense. Reese was the one who'd been doing it but is graduated. It is the only thing I can think of.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
The one guy on defense who played every snap....Stiner.
I saw an article recently that mentioned Davis and Torrence missed a lot of time in the ut game and were questionable for lswho. Still frustrating, but might explain a little.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Recruiting and coaching. Coaching and recruiting.

Defense feels like the 89 offense but w/o Emmitt.

HumbleGator

Nov 4, 2017
Speaking of roughing the passer, Brenton Cox Jr. seems to be the team leader in this category. Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad he elected to transfer to the good guys but he needs to tighten up.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
OL Snaps %
Richard Gouraige 66 (100.0%)
Brett Heggie 66 (100.0%)
t01-360-2.gif
66 (100.0%)

Stone Forsythe 66 (100.0%)
Stewart Reese 66 (100.0%)
Michael Tarquin 1 (1.5%)

FIFY.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

You left out the running plays when he races to the line of scrimmage completely out of control and whiffs on the tackle with terrible technique.

I guess the racing to the LOS was the playing hard he referred to

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb