"So Let The Sunshine In"

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I said at the beginning and like many others, when Muschamp was hired, that it was a "Foley" mistake. What need was there to dip into the ranks of the untested coaches at the University of Florida. I brought up the Peter Principle which basically says that people in the business world are often promoted to their level of incompetency and was panned for my trouble. The truth about Muschamp is that he never even proved himself as a defensive guru, even though that seems to be on his resume. At Texas,(separated from Saban who had refused to promote him at Miami) and where "but by the grace of Fooley", he would still be, the defenses were no more than mediocre and that with top 5 recruiting classes every year of his tenure there. Granted, at Florida, the defense enabled a very lucky 11 game win season in 2012, but you notice that since the real defensive guru left to coach at Seattle, our defense has gone into the toilet.

The last two games have proven that Florida is not improved and it will probably take an injury to JD for the Gators to survive against Tennessee. I firmly believe we would have lost the game last year had not JD gotten his leg broken -- the way Murphy is playing at BC proves that. And here we are again watching a coach refuse to play another QB (and one that has demonstrated poise and skill) no matter how horrible JD is playing -- even refusing to play him when the game was no longer in doubt. And we heard the same tired, trite, passe and banal comments from a coach that history has proven is totally out of his depth. A GOOD team would have beaten Alabama last night.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Can't disagree with anything there. If one thing this game did show the SEC.....Bama can be beaten by a good team.

TheSaintThing05

Founding Member
Frost or death
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
This is probably the worst Bama team in four years and they just demolished us. Says a lot about our improvement.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Murphy may not have good natural passing ability but the difference in his field awareness from Driskel was night and day and it showed until he got that shoulder injury against LSU. Even Brissett is showing some nice touch on his passes at NC State now - hitting receivers in stride and making tight throws now that he has a couple of games of experience and Muschamp basically ran them off by refusing to give them a real chance to win the job as long as Driskel was healthy.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
Driskel has all the tools to be an elite QB right up until he puts on pads then it all goes to :kiffin:.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This morning I officially resigned my position as "Pumper". Please notify the UAA.

Thank you.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath;n57535 said:
This morning I officially resigned my position as "Pumper". Please notify the UAA.

Thank you.

You gave up your pumper card a long time ago.

ReelGatorDoc

Sep 9, 2014
I like that Dak Prescott. Dang...the closest thing to a Tebow style guy I've seen. Mullen can develop QB's. I think Miss St. can knock off BAMA too
They play a hard nose defense too.

We are painful to watch right now, painful

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
Gatorbreath said:

Thank you.
Gave mine up at half time yesterday.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
Gatorbreath;n57535 said:

Thank you.

Not really, though last week's escape from those "dreaded" Wildcats pretty much sealed the deal. Bottom line is, the program just feels wrong and CWM is the reason. A change is needed........

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath said:

Thank you.
Wanted to beat the rush, eh? Smart...

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
Gatorbreath;n57535 said:

Thank you.

I had the benefit of a doubt clause in my pre-season agreement... didn't take long for me to rescind it.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Mudd said:
Driskel has all the tools to be an elite QB right up until he puts on pads then it all goes to :kiffin:.
I think maybe the "helmet" is what short circuits his natural talent, but isn't that always the case. Scores of talented QBs are recruited every year across the country but it is usually their helmet that moderates their success.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.