Recruiting So what kind of OL does Hevesy like to recruit?

PaterLacerta

Who’s Your Daddy?
Jan 19, 2016
Hopefully ones that know their jersey color.:eek3:

florida-players-block-each-other-during-georgia-southern-game-b.gif

rljnirtejyyzs2xpiovt.gif
Naw, Nuss drew it up that way.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I note that Cowbell's recruiting has gone through the roof since they hired a new staff. Interpret that how you will.

Swonkey, that's a horrid indictment you've served up there? Only to be remedied by changing blah-coaches for rah-coaches = fire & hire... If you don't recruit, you aren't proud of your university, your employer.

If that rudeness & spouting off "doubt you'll see the field for 3 years" is true, then Hevesy needs a laminated page on "say this, not that". He should tell every decent prospect: "It will be exciting for me & you both to see you earn your way to All SEC OL." There's no hypocrisy or mislead in that. Recruiters have to sell recruits on UF, period.

Defend the Swamp

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2018
I posted this information over a month ago. My friend is very good friends with the family of an OL from Pensacola. The kid grew up a Gator fan, and was invited to the BBQ a few months ago - which was invite only for kids that would have their commitment automatically accepted. While at the BBR Hevesy hardly talked with him or his family, was rude to him and his family and told the kid if he committed and came to Florida he would not see the field for three years... My question is since we can barely field an OL with SEC caliber players... how in the hell would any decent OL have to wait three years to play at UF?

This same friend is on another Gator site and their moderators have heard multiple complaints from OL recruits that Hevesy is rude and an Ahole which would explain why our OL recruiting class blows..

So we get a guy like Riley Simonds, top 20 OG, over Rayburn (#44 OG, I think). Would be interesting to see how each develops over the next couple of years.

I’m guessing Hev answered your question already...that he rates others more “decent” than Rayburn.

I do understand how that’s off-putting to a recruit, especially one from our state...and one from a position of critical need.
I wish the kid well at Clemson... if that’s where he ultimately signs.

I’m also hopeful to look back at this in December (and February) and see that HR wasn’t a take...and that we have a much better haul at OL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator