So when are we going to get news out of camp?

How many passing yards will UF have in Week 1?

• 149 or less

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • 150 - 199

Votes: 28 22.2%
  • 200 - 249

Votes: 51 40.5%
  • 250 - 299

Votes: 25 19.8%
  • 300+

Votes: 13 10.3%

• Total voters

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We don’t know what we have in Trask.

We all saw a little glimmer of hope in the O & B game. Very limited action there...
Glimmer of hope for what? I dont know what you mean by limited action, he got more snaps than anyone playing both the first half w the 2s and some 1s and the second half w 3s and scrubs, long after Franks "scored" twice and hit the showers.

11-23, 0 TDs, an INT that hit the Mike Linebacker in the hands and second that hit a DB in the pads? zero yards rushing?

Please tell me what "glimmer of hope" that gave you?

Must have been the "TD" thrown to Lawrence Wright?

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Glimmer of hope for what? I dont know what you meam by limited, he got more snaps than anyone, long after Franks "scored" twice and hit the showers.

11-23, 0 TDs, an INT that hit the Mike Linebacker in the hands and one that hit a DB in the pads and zero yards rushing?

Please tell me what "glimmer of hope" that gave you?

Must have been the "TD" thrown to Lawrence Wright?
He wasn't Feleipe Franks.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'd prefer to put Jones in full-time immediately.
I thought the depth chart would be EJ, Kadarius and Jaylen, maybe even someone like Kylan Johnson for 4 and 1 at some point soon. Maybe it will be very soon.

Where is that prediction thread? Want to revise it to 5-7 if Trash comes out of camp starting.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That practice video of Franks short-arming the ball ought to be the final straw. There's no hope whatsoever of salvaging the guy.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That practice video of Franks short-arming the ball ought to be the final straw. There's no hope whatsoever of salvaging the guy.
Once the pass rush screws up the timing, he needs to skip the number one and number two read probably. Mullinz offense is so simple, I'm not sure he has anything beyond that. It is probably just one read two read and run. It is hard to tell without a playbook and a play call.

That is the classic lock on to read number one though. Everyone who doesn't know football says that, every play, but in case that's what it is. It isn't driskelin though. Driskel would have felt the pressure, or even a wisp of the hint of pressure, started drifting to the right out of the pocket, maybe got sacked by the end on that side, or scrambled away, and never looked down field at all.

The receiver isn't helping him there.
The receivers can't run a 4 yard pattern, stop and just stand there, unless you're sitting in a seam in an old school zone. No one plays old school zones anymore though.

I just don't know how he can ever develop with that slow wind up. You just can't run short quick developing stuff with him. Staff should know that by now.

Hey at least he's tall though, right? I heard it here. Just need some tall quarterbacks.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
. once the pass rush screws up the timing he needs to skip the number one and number two read probably. Mullinz offense is so simple I'm not sure he has anything beyond that. It is probably just one read two read and scramble.

it is hard to tell Without A playbook in a play call.

the receiver isn't helping him there.
the receivers can't run a 4 yard pattern stop and just stand there, unless you're sitting in a seam in an old school zone. no one plays old school zones anymore though.

I just don't know how he can ever develop with that slow wind up. you just can't run short quick developing stuff with him.

hey at least he's tall though. right? I heard it here. just need some tall quarterbacks.
You are forever forgiving when it comes to Franks and yet you won't budge an inch for Trask.

What you see in that video is real bonafide trash.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You are forever forgiving when it comes to Franks and yet you won't budge an inch for Trash
Frash and Trash.

Trash is basically John Brantley with only 15 percent of the talent. He simply doesnt have the skillset to ever play in an option offense. Even if he werent a D3 backup talent level guy, and a guy who hadnt played in six years, he simply is the wrong skillset. It is as simple as that. It is why he didnt play in high school either.

Im not forgiving. I dont even like this style of offense. However, it doesnt even take double digit IQ to figure out you.need a runner at QB in this.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Frash and Trash.

Trash is basically John Brantley with only 15 percent of the talent. He simply doesnt have the skillseg to ever play in an option offense. Even if he werent a D3 backup talent level guy, and a guy who hadnt played in six years, he simply is the wrong skillset to play in an option offense. It is as simple as that.
I'm actually less concerned with his running ability and more concerned re his decisionmaking and accuracy. They remain a big if.

But I love the new Frash & Trash moniker!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm actually less concerned with his running ability and more concerned re his decisionmaking and accuracy. They remain a big if.
It had nothing to do with anything in this offense. If the QB isnt a run threat then the defense just takes the TB on the option and forces a keep. There is no run game. You cant have that.

Mullinz has proven he can play with a guy who cant pass, see Fitzgerald. He has been terrible with guys who cant run.

3 and out city with no running threat at QB and lots of tailbacks getting plastered in the backfield.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I said Franks still sucks on twitter and everyone lost their minds. Nevermind he’s been on a college campus for 3 years, has had 3 years of offseason workouts. Everyone is treating him like a freshman qb. He shouldn’t be given the same amount of rope as a freshman. It’s ridiculous how to little to no progress he’s made. He’s hit his ceiling already and its time to give someone else a shot.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Frash and Trash.

Trash is basically John Brantley with only 15 percent of the talent. He simply doesnt have the skillset to ever play in an option offense. Even if he werent a D3 backup talent level guy, and a guy who hadnt played in six years, he simply is the wrong skillset. It is as simple as that. It is why he didnt play in high school either.

Im not forgiving. I dont even like this style of offense. However, it doesnt even take double digit IQ to figure out you.need a runner at QB in this.
We need all 3 of these QBs. When Franks throws interceptions put in Trask who sees the field better. When Trask gets injured install Franks. Jones needs to build some experience like Tebow did his first season.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
No , I remember how limited Treon Harris was. He was basically about sprint out to the sideline and throw it deep to Callaway. When defenses took that away from Harris he basically had nothing.

I would argue Harris kept us in better positions in games for the defense to pull out a win than Franks does for us with the Driskeling crazy mess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator