"So you're telling me there's a chance?"

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
No. Not really.

We have the honor of being tied for being the biggest underdog in SEC Championship history. It's a combination of Bama being that good and us being that bad.

This article pretty much spells out what we all know. This particular passage is pretty damning and telling about what our once great football program has become. We're now UT Chattanooga. :(

"This game, on paper, looks to be as big of a mismatch as Alabama’s opponent on November 19, Chattanooga (Bama won 31-3)."

http://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/count-gary-danielson-among-florida-gators-naysayers/

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
With Kiffin leaving, Bama may be distracted. Any team can give a game away. So, yes Virginia, there is a chance.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
For us to have any chance to even stay competitive some if not all of the following must happen.

1. Alabama must turn the ball over 4 or more times. We can't turn it over once.
2. We must score on special teams.
3. We must score on defense.
4. We can't have a ton of 3 and outs.

I see no way we score on offense unless it is a fluke monster play like we scored against LSU. There is no way we can put together a sustained drive and score a TD b/c we just do not have the talent on offense to do that. Not bashing, just stating facts. We could not move the ball against the following defensive powerhouses in the SEC: Mizzou and TN and ARK. How in the hell are we suppossed to move the ball against Alabama?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Bama would have to have at least six turnovers.
Actually they would need at least 6 turnovers AND we would need the defense and STs to score off those turnovers at least four times.

Turning it over won't matter if the defense doesn't score or it occurs outside of FG range. The offense just isn't going to score.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
You guys are missing the obvious. AA is knocked out on the first play and Franks comes and plays like the 2nd coming of Rex Grossman.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Of course there's a chance. A game will be played. It wouldn't be the first time the world got shocked. Go Gators.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
You guys are missing the obvious. AA is knocked out on the first play and Franks comes and plays like the 2nd coming of Rex Grossman.
I would stroke out... and then still want Mac fired for not putting him in until he was forced to.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sorry to break the news to you but it's obvious you need to know and haven't been told.

If AA gets hurt, LDR is back in. Without a doubt.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I'm sorry to break the news to you but it's obvious you need to know and haven't been told.

If AA gets hurt, LDR is back in. Without a doubt.

http://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/jim-mcelwain-explains-why-luke-del-rio-was-dressed-vs-fsu/

“We wanted to make sure if there was something that happened to Austin, if his helmet came off, Luke could go in there and function until we could get him back,” McElwain said on an SEC Championship Game teleconference Sunday. “If it’s a long-term thing, we’d still go with Feleipe.”

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
The one thing wrong with the analysis here is UAL is not that good this year. UF and the rest of the SEC are even worse, but UAL is not that good. Heck since UF is given no chance, I almost feel that UF might just pull this one out. UAL has lost to Mississippi the last couple of year and have not had that game yet this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.