Soccer fans are apparently outraged about something

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Great game. Best game for young kids to play. Simple. But furriners play it so gotta be bad or ideologically dangerous...........
Coach, while I tend to agree I am a soccer snob. I hated when the kids who never played sports were thrown on a soccer team because kids can run and kick a ball (which ain't true). And then stuck them on defense. That was a death sentence for a goalkeeper (which I played). Thankfully I was like Scott Sterling out there.
Hahaha poor Corch can't win for trying. :lol2:

It is a good point though. PE coaches used to love to throw a ball on the field and say, "go play soccer." With little to no instruction on the fundamentals for kids who might actually have the desire and/or skill to play.

"Best game for young kids to play. Simple."

Translation: Good "lesson plan" for when you're in the mood to stand around and drink liquor out of your thermos. ;)

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
FIFA/UEFA being corrupt to the core. Fuch those guys, but really fuch everyone involved.
No doubt. Think about where the next World Cup is being played: Qatar. F’ing Qatar!

The amount of bribes to play the biggest tourney, in the dessert heat, in a country surrounded by political “uncertainty” and a record of blatant human rights violations is astounding.

there have been hundreds, maybe thousands, of deaths building the infrastructure for the Cup.

Sepp Blatter was the head of FIFA, and the fish rots at the head.

2015 FIFA corruption case - Wikipedia

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
It is a good point though. PE coaches used to love to throw a ball on the field and say, "go play soccer." With little to no instruction on the fundamentals for kids who might actually have the desire and/or skill to play.
That would be someone else. I taught soccer and everybody played goalie at some point. My kids loved it.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Fuch those guys, but really fuch everyone involved.
FTR - It’s “Fuchs”, not “Fuch.”

And as for being a Man United fan, I don’t know much about soccer, but I’m pretty sure that’s like being a Yankees fan when you’re not actually from New York.

BTW - I have watched very few soccer games, but living in Cyprus at the time, it was hard not to know about the Premier League whether you wanted to or not, but in 1996, while stuck in a hotel room in Amman Jordan, I enjoyed the hell out of watching Newcastle beat the snot out of Eric Cantona and Man United. Final was 5-0. For fellow non soccer fans that’s like watching your favorite NFL team (or one you don’t even like very much) beating the Troy Aikman Cowboys 49-0.

The only soccer game that had a better result was in ‘93 when the US beat England 2-0. I dined out on that one for years. It absolutely killed the Brits to lose to us.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
You can build a thousand bridges and suck one dck. At the end of the day, you're not a bridge builder, you're c0cksucker starting gayish threads about men prancing around in short pants.

:grin:

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
And as for being a Man United fan, I don’t know much about soccer, but I’m pretty sure that’s like being a Yankees fan when you’re not actually from New York.

Fortunately, I have family in Manchester and it's not completely "glory-hunting" as the Brits would say. Usually try and go to one game a year when I'm over in the UK for work. Family has season tickets, my long-time client has season tickets, and my financial advisor also has season tickets--so between one of the 3, there's always a ticket to be found!

It's the closest atmosphere you'll get to a SEC college football game for raw intensity. The Argentine league has us all beat...but those fans don't play around, so it's not something for a neutral to check out on their own.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Funny, I happened to see a Manchester United hat in a store a few weeks ago. It was red and had their gold crest on it with three white Adidas stripes on the bill. Actually was a pretty sharp-looking hat, but what difference does that make? You might as well walk around wearing this:

Propeller-Hat-89613.gif

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
you'd think it was not that hard.
Some people think it's a substitute for the F-word but that is not true. That is discouraged on this family-oriented site. It's just a person's name, used as a point of emphasis.

When you think of our university president and his plans for the future of the institution, and in particular the football program, what do you say? Naturally, you say, "FUCHS!" Because that's his name, that's all. I honestly don't know how the confusion with the F-bomb came about.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Funny, I happened to see a Manchester United hat in a store a few weeks ago. It was red and had their gold crest on it with three white Adidas stripes on the bill. Actually was a pretty sharp-looking hat, but what difference does that make? You might as well walk around wearing this:

Propeller-Hat-89613.gif

That's what liverpool fans wear. Similar color reds but the rainbow is a dead-giveaway for a scouser, which is basically the Baltimore of the UK: former port town where 70% of the city is on welfare and addicted to ultra-liberal politics as a result.

ShelbyGator

Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
It’s a pretty big deal. Club soccer is divided into leagues for each Country. England has the premier league, Spain has La Liga, etc.

When the domestic league season is over the top teams from each league that year compete in the champions league. The champions league determines the best club team in all of Europe.

What’s proposed is the top teams from each league (Man U, Barcelona, Chelsea, etc) will form their own Super League. If this happens the domestic leagues are worthless and the Champions League will probably die.

It’s like Bama, OSU, Oklahoma, etc all bail on their conferences. Now the SEC is left with garbage like Vandy, Miss St, and UF.

The financial implications of this are HUGE.

UEFA said any players who join this super league can’t compete in World Cup.

This could ruin global soccer

Well it appears Super League imploded in 2 days so that's that. I've got mixed emotions on that. For big clubs I don't think the intention was to leave local competitions just provide an improved "Champions" League. The top places are typically held by this group anyway and they are carrying the rest (like Miss State and Vandy). I think these clubs were willing to forgo all national leagues to do this but that isn't what they wanted. It would have been fun to watch it play out. Would TV cover the EPL without the best teams or cut their rates and spend big money to cover Super League? Now we never know. Shame.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb