Some conclusions from Bowl Games

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I think that it is apparent from the bowl games that have been played that an offense that can score a lot of points is essential to being a successful football team. It does not matter how you get it done but you have to score.

Bloviate!!!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Auburn also proving you need a defense with a pulse, otherwise all those points you just scored won't mean jack sh*t.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Well don't assume because I started this thread about offense I don't understand that you need a decent defense at all. My point is that Champ's idea of having a very good defense and almost no offense will not work. See MSU and perhaps Ole Miss performances. And they did have some offenses. Let's hope our new HBC udnerstands, it sure seems like he does.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What the heck was Malzahn thinking that drive?

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I Have No Friends :(;n141033 said:
What the heck was Malzahn thinking that drive?

Who knows but I could call better plays than that. No throws down the field, no throwing on first down. Out coached by his opponent who did throw even after the idiot announcers said that running would be the way to win. Just foolish.

CharlieG

Oct 5, 2014
I conclude that the SEC West is overrated. One win and some Magnolia State Asswhoopins. Hopefully bama can save face for them.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Baylor throws for 500+. Loses.

klgator

Jul 29, 2014
CharlieG;n141137 said:
I conclude that the SEC West is overrated. One win and some Magnolia State Asswhoopins. Hopefully bama can save face for them.
Two wins. Arkansas and TA&M. The bottom two teams. So far the East is 3-0.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The SEC has become the Conference that Offense Forgot. All the teams field defenses with walrusses on the line and slow beefy LBs.

Any team that can actually throw the ball AND field a defense should waltz through this league. It's 1989 all over again.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If AU gets a good QB they will win the NC within a few years cause they will have a better defense to go along with that high flying offense of Malzan. Book it!

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Jbossgator8;n141331 said:
If AU gets a good QB they will win the NC within a few years cause they will have a better defense to go along with that high flying offense of Malzan. Book it!

Gee their "high flying offense" could not even throw the ball beyond the line of scrimiage in OT to win. If they don't get players all is off after all Champ kept all the good talent on F which won't be happening again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator