Some Motivating Articles to Prep Us for the Summer

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Saw this on Reddit and thought it was just too motivating not to share:

Florida Football: Nussmeier plus McElwain is darn near cheating

Florida Gators: Randy Shannon leap of faith kept C.J. McWilliams at UF | Gator Bytes

Great quote from the second article:

“After my third season of high school, I wasn’t getting interest from any schools,” said McWilliams, a 3-star cornerback from Miami. “Coaches don’t really come by my high school (Southwest). Finally a big college noticed me and saw what I was capable of doing, so it was a dream come true.”

On May 1 of last year during spring football, McWilliams was called out of class a couple hours before his practice.

“I came down to the office and standing there was Randy Shannon,” said McWilliams, who only had one offer (Florida Atlantic) at the time.

What other articles get you pumped for the upcoming season?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Reverse psychology thread.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Saw this on Reddit and thought it was just too motivating not to share:

Florida Football: Nussmeier plus McElwain is darn near cheating

Florida Gators: Randy Shannon leap of faith kept C.J. McWilliams at UF | Gator Bytes

Great quote from the second article:

“After my third season of high school, I wasn’t getting interest from any schools,” said McWilliams, a 3-star cornerback from Miami. “Coaches don’t really come by my high school (Southwest). Finally a big college noticed me and saw what I was capable of doing, so it was a dream come true.”

On May 1 of last year during spring football, McWilliams was called out of class a couple hours before his practice.

“I came down to the office and standing there was Randy Shannon,” said McWilliams, who only had one offer (Florida Atlantic) at the time.

What other articles get you pumped for the upcoming season?
I couldn’t even get all the way through the first article, without starting to feel nauseous. If I’m ever desperate for a job, I’m becoming a sports writer. Clearly, actual knowledge of what you are writing about is not a requirement.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Is McWilliams the biggest Randy Special ever? Or Rayshad? Or Lacedrick?
There are a couple of dozen. But stars dont matter, ya know.

Every coach we hire (since Creyer) is the three star whisperer, so stars dont matter.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
There are a couple of dozen.

But stars dont matter, ya know.

Every coach we hire (since Creyer) is the three star whisperer, so stars dont matter.

Ancrum? Desir-Jones? Putu? Trask? Kalif Jackson? Bennett? Keivonnis Davis? Camrin Knight? Stiner? Lenton? Jake Allen?

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I mistakenly clicked those links

giphy.gif

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

After McWilliams fixed Shannon's flat tire, coach was on his way back to Gainesville.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.