SOURCE: Cox kicked off team due to locker room fight, Tarquin headed to USC to be with pregnant wife

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
I don't have an effing clue what our record will be next year. I'd be surprised if UF won less than 8 games, even with these youngsters. The only thing next year that would make me fall off the train is if it's obvious the team has quit on the staff. That's not going to happen, much to your obvious chagrin.

We aren't winning anything of consequence next year, so I'd just like to see a lot of improvement, which I think we will with all of Mullen's players gone. We won't be losing to Kentucky and Vandy next year, of that I'm completely confident of. So go ahead and make a note of it, you miserable vomitous mass.

I’d be happy with 8 wins, right now I don’t see it between youth, turnover and what we’ve seen. I agree we should beat Vandy and Kentucky, but think we trade one of those for a loss to Utah. I am concerned about another 0-4 against all rivals. FSU is the most likely win. I’m wary of both Columbia trips (doesn’t mean I think we lose necessarily). Even Arkansas with KJ Jefferson returning after the UGA game will be tough with its position on the schedule. Though them losing Briles makes that feel better.

8 wins can definitely happen and once the roster is finalized and we go through the Spring/Summer, I might feel more confident about the ability to accomplish that and/or more.

The key will be year 3. Every single long term success program that has competed for Natty’s and consistent contention for Conference Titles since Stoops took over OU won 10 games by year 3. Many took much larger steps in Year 2. From Stoops to Tressel to Saban (x2) to Meyer (x2) to Miles (walked into the best situation of any of the above, but we’ve seen coaches drop that ball) to Fisher (for what his FSU time was worth until everything happened) to Dabo to Kirby.

Could we be an exception to the data? Possibly, but I’d need to see what we look like and if recruiting has improved to UGA/Bama/LSU levels. One thing that can’t happen is another losing season (note, I’m saying that it can’t happen, not that I think that is what will happen).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb