SOURCE: Mullen safe, staff is not; was mass "flu" a player revolt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
First of all, anyone who takes this thread as gospel is the most gullible person on the planet. There is zero chance anyone with direct knowledge is talking today. That’s not how it works, ever. Secondly, if in fact the premise turns out to be fairly accurate, it will simply be a one year bandaid. It’s the Kurt Roper of the current clown.

In any event, staff shakeups generally go backwards in recruiting before they go forward. So our already abysmal class would only be that much worse, and the negativity would only increase. This team is going to be 8-4ish next year as well, and that gets him canned. Rearranging any chairs this year, if it’s just that, means nothing more than one more year. And all of this goes out the window with another loss in any of our remaining games, specifically fsu. He isn’t surviving that.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Nothing to see here, carry on. Mullen not going anywhere as long as Strick is around as said before. AR is gone, Mullen still has his QB

Move on to another sport guys, like baseball or softball
They have the best facilities.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
First of all, anyone who takes this thread as gospel is the most gullible person on the planet. There is zero chance anyone with direct knowledge is talking today. That’s not how it works, ever. Secondly, if in fact the premise turns out to be fairly accurate, it will simply be a one year bandaid. It’s the Kurt Roper of the current clown.

In any event, staff shakeups generally go backwards in recruiting before they go forward. So our already abysmal class would only be that much worse, and the negativity would only increase. This team is going to be 8-4ish next year as well, and that gets him canned. Rearranging any chairs this year, if it’s just that, means nothing more than one more year. And all of this goes out the window with another loss in any of our remaining games, specifically fsu. He isn’t surviving that.
Damn, I hate pulling for FSU.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
And all of this goes out the window with another loss in any of our remaining games, specifically fsu. He isn’t surviving that.
Why in the world would you think if they have no intention of letting him go now, that they would suddenly completely reverse course if we lose to FSU? In their eyes, what difference does that make? It's already a lost season. You have to start putting yourself into the feeble minds of Stricklin and Fuchs - winning titles DOESN'T MATTER to them. They care about $$$ and nothing else. If they've already decided they aren't firing him (and I think that's the case), only a hideously embarrassing off-the-field incident will get Mullen canned. Or, of course, he forces his way out.

For whatever little it's worth, this source was VERY firm in that Mullen wasn't leaving. Specifically there was "no chance" he was leaving.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Very disappointing news. Hope it is false and Cousin Eddie will settle for an out. The media jackasses can say Cousin Eddie should hire this guy or that guy, but if you are not aware, very few if any quality coaches want to work with or for Cousin Eddie. Cousin Eddie is a friggin loser and as you can see as time goes on, he ends up with an entire staff of losers!

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

I'm trying to think of an example where a struggling coach made an overhaul of his staff and it worked out, and the move got him over the hump. I can't really think of any off the top of my head. Just another throwaway year, maybe AR sticks around and provides the fanbase with some excitement, but that would be all there would be to look forward to.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why in the world would you think if they have no intention of letting him go now, that they would suddenly completely reverse course if we lose to FSU? In their eyes, what difference does that make? It's already a lost season. You have to start putting yourself into the feeble minds of Stricklin and Fuchs - winning titles DOESN'T MATTER to them. They care about $$$ and nothing else. If they've already decided they aren't firing him (and I think that's the case), only a hideously embarrassing off-the-field incident will get Mullen canned. Or, of course, he forces his way out.

For whatever little it's worth, this source was VERY firm in that Mullen wasn't leaving. Specifically there was "no chance" he was leaving.
If all they care for is $$$ and we lose to FSU or even have a losing season, the Booster $$$ will dry up and the TV money will also become less as we become less important for TV games.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If all they care for is $$$ and we lose to FSU or even have a losing season, the Booster $$$ will dry up and the TV money will also become less as we become less important for TV games.
The booster $$$ has already dried up, happened years ago. As for the TV money, I don't think it works that way. That gravy train isn't going anywhere.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I'm trying to think of an example where a struggling coach made an overhaul of his staff and it worked out, and the move got him over the hump. I can't really think of any off the top of my head. Just another throwaway year, maybe AR sticks around and provides the fanbase with some excitement, but that would be all there would be to look forward to.

Well, it took SOS 6 years to get a national championship defensive coordinator. Now I feel like a complete idiot for even suggesting it.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They just now figured out recruiting is important?
Four years in and they figure it out does that mean it’s going to take another 3 1/2 years for us to figure out how to stop the counter play.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

Perhaps Coon Azz hiring Joe Brady and Dave Arranda got them to the promised land. Arranda stayed a few years and Brady stayed 1. I will take those results in that short period of time. But not happening here. As bad as Farmer Fran is as a HC, he is the polar opposite of Cousin Eddie in one area. Both are total Dog Shyt as HC's, but one thinks he is ALWAYS the smartest person in the room, the other knew he was nowhere near the smartest person in the room. You figure out which is which.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The booster $$$ has already dried up, happened years ago. As for the TV money, I don't think it works that way. That gravy train isn't going anywhere.
Don’t think you are right about booster $$$. There were tons of Bulls that were firmly on board w/ Doochebag Dan in the beginning that they’re losing.
As for TV $$$, I’m not a 100% sure but I can’t imagine Vandy get the same amount of $$$ that Bama gets.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
247 has a thread (all rumors) saying that Grantham (his contract expires anyway) and Hevesy are out. And that a few other coaches are out as well.

If I had my druthers, Grantham, C Rob, Jules, Knox, and Hevesy would all be gone.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Linebacker play is atrocious. Diabate and Hooper have terrible technique and always out of position. It’s a shame with their athleticism.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
There were tons of Bulls that were firmly on board w/ Doochebag Dan in the beginning that they’re losing.
The Bulls HATE Mullen and never wanted him hired. They were outraged when it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member