SOURCE: Mullen safe, staff is not; was mass "flu" a player revolt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
We really should be able to spend ALOT of money on assistants b/c we really only need 1 offensive assistant and 3 defensive coaches. We need D-line, Lb's and secondary and one could serve as DC. On offense we do not need a QB coach b/c our HC is a QB whisperer (so I am told). We don;t need a RB coach since our star RB is the QB and we have a QB whisperer (so I am told). We need an O-line coach and thats it. don;t need a WR coach since they mainly are in line blockers, so the O-line coach could handle that responsibility. We could and should have the 4 highest paid and best assistant coaches in the entire nation!!!

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Don’t think you are right about booster $$$. There were tons of Bulls that were firmly on board w/ Doochebag Dan in the beginning that they’re losing.
As for TV $$$, I’m not a 100% sure but I can’t imagine Vandy get the same amount of $$$ that Bama gets.
A quick google search told me that the tv revenue is split equally amongst all teams, so Vandy does indeed get paid the same as Alabama. Once a team makes the playoffs they get like another 2 million or something like that for making the playoffs. Otherwise its all split evenly.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
There has never been any evidence that "Bull" Gators push the needle in any direction. I really don't think the administration gives two fuchs about Bull Gators.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A quick google search told me that the tv revenue is split equally amongst all teams, so Vandy does indeed get paid the same as Alabama. Once a team makes the playoffs they get like another 2 million or something like that for making the playoffs. Otherwise its all split evenly.
I’m surprised by that. Doesn’t make sense but I guess you get different $$$ from different TV sources. In other words mid Vandy never plays on CBS then why would they get $$$ from CBS?

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I’m surprised by that. Doesn’t make sense but I guess you get different $$$ from different TV sources. In other words mid Vandy never plays on CBS then why would they get $$$ from CBS?
True, that I don't know. Would have to google again! I was talking about SEC Network money.

EDIT: It looks like the SEC gets roughly $640 million from all TV contracts and that is paid out to each school at roughly $46 mil per school. It doesn't seem to matter that Vandy is never shown on TV :facepalm:

Last edited:

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Well, it took SOS 6 years to get a national championship defensive coordinator. Now I feel like a complete idiot for even suggesting it.

SOS wasn't even close to losing his job, he had won SEC Championships, and had played for the Natty. Yes Stoops helped him reach the top, but Mullen not even halfway up the ladder. I wanted an example of a struggling average coach( like Mullen) making wholesale changes and it suddenly turn everything around for him.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
EDIT: It looks like the SEC gets roughly $640 million from all TV contracts and that is paid out to each school at roughly $46 mil per school. It doesn't seem to matter that Vandy is never shown on TV :facepalm:
Kind of fuchsed. No wonder why our UAA and President don’t care.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Perhaps Coon Azz hiring Joe Brady and Dave Arranda got them to the promised land. Arranda stayed a few years and Brady stayed 1. I will take those results in that short period of time. But not happening here. As bad as Farmer Fran is as a HC, he is the polar opposite of Cousin Eddie in one area. Both are total Dog Shyt as HC's, but one thinks he is ALWAYS the smartest person in the room, the other knew he was nowhere near the smartest person in the room. You figure out which is which.

Yeah, that's a good example. Didn't hurt that Lsu already had the cupboard stocked too. No chance of that happening here.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
247 has a thread (all rumors) saying that Grantham (his contract expires anyway) and Hevesy are out. And that a few other coaches are out as well.

If I had my druthers, Grantham, C Rob, Jules, Knox, and Hevesy would all be gone.

Gonna change that many coaches, might as well change the head coach as well.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If the buyout is the same this year as next, then why not can his ass now and avoid the rush later?

A lame duck DC next season will have to come from another **** staff that is getting fired this year by an AD with a clue. Chinader at Nebraska and Ben Albert at Duke will be unemployed soon.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Why in the world would you think if they have no intention of letting him go now, that they would suddenly completely reverse course if we lose to FSU? In their eyes, what difference does that make? It's already a lost season. You have to start putting yourself into the feeble minds of Stricklin and Fuchs - winning titles DOESN'T MATTER to them. They care about $$$ and nothing else. If they've already decided they aren't firing him (and I think that's the case), only a hideously embarrassing off-the-field incident will get Mullen canned. Or, of course, he forces his way out.

For whatever little it's worth, this source was VERY firm in that Mullen wasn't leaving. Specifically there was "no chance" he was leaving.

The same reason Foley could skate with his buddy in 2014 as long as the East was still in play. Talk about a handpicked guy. No one was as entrenched with a head coach like JF and WM. I was personally at a tailgate where Foley was in Jax following the 2014 game. The guy looked like the weight of the world had been lifted off of him. He didn’t want to pull that plug but knew he’d have to if we’d lost. So we kicked that can another two weeks, but did follow through once we lost to Usce.

As for the support, it’s more than just about money. Yes, we’ll still have the TV contracts. But we aren’t the first school to have lucrative contracts but fire a coach because of fading support. Even Tomlin referenced the fact that boosters still ultimately run things just last week. Empty stands, pissed off Bulls, and an 8-4/7-5 product will get him fired. I’m not sure why anyone thinks that’s changed. It’s no less grounded in reality than the whole idea of him being a perennial 9/10 win head coach, which was the narrative from day one. I said then it wasn’t possible and I’ve been dead on. The decline has already started and it isn’t ending an time soon, especially with the way fsu is recruiting. So as I’ve said, they can resist change all they want. But their hand will absolutely be forced.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
But their hand will absolutely be forced.
Times have changed. Less people (hence less pressure) care about the Gators than ever before. It's significantly less than even just five years ago. Horrible management has led to record apathy. The ONLY incentive management has to make a change is not to be hassled, and less people are hassling. Stricklin personally couldn't care less if the Gator football team went 0-12. He's also gotten good at just ignoring hate mail from fans he believes are beneath him.

With the TV money rolling in, private donations don't mean what they used to.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Idk, if he loses one more regular-season game, I really think there is a possibility they have to cut him. I can imagine a loss to the cocks or mizzou, both teams that are lower in talent and ability would go down well, much less FSU at home.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Times have changed. Less people (hence less pressure) care about the Gators than ever before. It's significantly less than even just five years ago. Horrible management has led to record apathy. The ONLY incentive management has to make a change is not to be hassled, and less people are hassling. Stricklin personally couldn't care less if the Gator football team went 0-12.

I don’t disagree that he doesn’t care for the same reasons as us. But he’s in charge of the entire athletic department and its finances. We lost 50mil last year largely because of no fans in stands for football. There’s no chance he can continue on with fading support and donations. It’s the largest part of his job.

I also can’t think of one big name football school that has just stopped caring because of money from tv contracts. Again, we’re not the only ones who’ve become ultra rich. We’re also not the only school that has become super woke and distracted. That’s basically every school. And yet they’re all canning coaches left and right, building new facilities, etc. Football is king at most places. He isn’t unique and our situation won’t be unique either.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well, it took SOS 6 years to get a national championship defensive coordinator. Now I feel like a complete idiot for even suggesting it.

Buy spurrier had multiple SEC Championships and the road to the National Title is now more defined than it was in the early 90s

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t disagree that he doesn’t care for the same reasons as us. But he’s in charge of the entire athletic department and its finances. We lost 50mil last year largely because of no fans in stands for football. There’s no chance he can continue on with fading support and donations. It’s the largest part of his job.

I also can’t think of one big name football school that has just stopped caring because of money from tv contracts. Again, we’re not the only ones who’ve become ultra rich. We’re also not the only school that has become super woke and distracted. That’s basically every school. And yet they’re all canning coaches left and right, building new facilities, etc. Football is king at most places. He isn’t unique and our situation won’t be unique either.
I wish I still believed like you do. You’re precious. We are also here for you when things don’t work out like you think they will.

We are losing to FSU and Mullen won’t go anywhere.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ox outside of something major happening is correct. As much as I hate to agree with the no nut having bovine. But though he has no testicles and has a micro peen he isn't lying at this juncture.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Strichnine is a douchebag and a worthless piece of garbage. He knows zilch about hiring/firing coaches and does not care to know. And yes there are so many other schools that care more about football and are building facilities that I never dreamed would really care more about football that UF does. But to me it comes back sort of to the fan base. We have one of the dumbest, least knowledgable football fan bases around, especially when compared to places we think care about football. Don;t get me wrong plenty of guys here at GC care about football and talk football. But the average person has been brainwashed by the hierarchy whether it is those who still think Fooley is good b/c he hired Billy D or they are on board with our Puzzy Pres that academic rankings matter even tho plenty of dumbazzes are getting diplomas. or you have the sports fans who think the AD must know what he is doing b/c well he is the AD. Regarding numbers, UF does not have enough true fans that really care that will make a difference. We have GC and when we don;t see changes we turn apathetic. Places like Tex-Ass, USCw. Coon Azz see it and make changes from the inside. Then you even have a place like the Barn do so and they weren't slumming it. Then a place like TTech does it and Houston hires Dana Holgerson for a bejillion etc. But we sit idle. Admin is more apathetic than I am and they don;t care. And if enough of us that did care rallied to the admin, it would be met with a Go Fvkk Yourself. Our UF has become a total joke.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Burn it completely down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.