SOURCE: Mullen safe, staff is not; was mass "flu" a player revolt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Never going to happen. He would fall apart in about 3 years and leave us on probation.

That would be a very dumb move. Actually, galactically stupid!
I don't think it's a secret as to who might be available if we asked. They won't hire a retread failure. I am one that believes we aren't ready to make a change even though it's no secret mullen is a disaster and a fool with zero credibility and HC acumen. But until the next great coach is available we probably have to grin and bare it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
On the bright side, the Gator HBC job opening up should get some attention from some young up-n-comers
I dont know how attractive we are.

Everyone knows about the slumlords now.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
MULLEN may thing he can hang on.
Those are the two biggest jackasses on the staff, maybe they just blew up when the news or criticism was given, surely you've seen people do that in real life;
or maybe the two players truly are revolting and would not play for those two;
Or they just want ANYTHING to sell a few more seats and popcorn. It costs the university HUGE to have 1/3 empty as hit has been so often lately.
I am reminded how incredibly easy it must be to recruit against that guy's program.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think it's a secret as to who might be available if we asked. They won't hire a retread failure. I am one that believes we aren't ready to make a change even though it's no secret mullen is a disaster and a fool with zero credibility and HC acumen. But until the next great coach is available we probably have to grin and bare it.

You may have to "grin and bare" it if you are MSU, Kentucky, or South Carolina. But THE UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA should never have to "grin and bare" it. UF is the flagship university of the state of Florida which is 1 of the top 3 most talent-rich states in the country. Florida should easily be pulling in top 5 classes every year and at the very least, be in contention for the playoffs.... Instead, the once Mighty Gators are bending over while their "bare" azzes are being pounded by the dawgs, wildcats, and gamecocks. And the administration expects the fans to "grin" about it? Not likely.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
You may have to "grin and bare" it if you are MSU, Kentucky, or South Carolina. But THE UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA should never have to "grin and bare" it. UF WAS the flagship university of the state of Florida ....

Fixed it for you.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Boom.

No he looks totally relaxed, like he is getting ready for a 1-2 year vacay he deserves like the multimillionaire he is.
That's the secret to his smile after losing... he personally can't lose. He walks away with millions no matter how his teams perform. What are you going to do...fire me? I'll take my $12mil golden parashute and sail off on endless Vacay. Bye Suckers!

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Flagship academic university for the State of Florida. I get the feeling our President and Board of Regents is embarrassed by having "Football" mentioned in the same sentence as "THE University of Florida." Unless it is European Football; you know the real kind recognized in the civilized world. And the term Gators is just to sell merch. Unless and until that mindset changes, we are well and royally screwed.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Remember when (ahem) some here thought Kelly was a lock. Felt like years of repeating it over and over how it was definitely a done deal. On and on with these embarrassing guarantees that it was going to happen.

Then nope. Four straight Super Bowls. Not one win.
Kelly's still coming, right? He's just finishing up at UCLA.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Kelly's still coming, right? He's just finishing up at UCLA.

5e41f15d-3525-44e7-bae1-afa2cb41c8f8_text.gif

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Status
Not open for further replies.