SOURCE: Mullen safe, staff is not; was mass "flu" a player revolt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
You may have to "grin and bare" it if you are MSU, Kentucky, or South Carolina. But THE UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA should never have to "grin and bare" it. UF is the flagship university of the state of Florida which is 1 of the top 3 most talent-rich states in the country. Florida should easily be pulling in top 5 classes every year and at the very least, be in contention for the playoffs.... Instead, the once Mighty Gators are bending over while their "bare" azzes are being pounded by the dawgs, wildcats, and gamecocks. And the administration expects the fans to "grin" about it? Not likely.
All true. But it seems like there is something going on with administration and that we just are not ready for a change. It really does matter who would be available. Replacing mullen with another mediocre coach does not help us.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Right now the only thing Gator football leads the nation in is all the sturm und drang swirling around Mullen and what to do with him. And for this Gator alum its already passed tiring....I'm already focused on next year and that's 9 months away. [sigh]

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
This article from a few hours ago is not good.

Players believe that Mullen will get program back on track | GatorCountry.com

Four players were hand picked to speak to the press and listen to their quotes. Im not bagging on the players but hear what Dan Mullen taught them...

My favorite example is this gem,

“In regards to people saying getting back to a championship program, this year we had a lot of close games,” he said. “If we don’t have a missed field goal, a missed extra point, a blocked kick and a couple of little mistakes, we’re the greatest ever. We just have to clean up some little things. That comes down to everybody, not only the coaches, us, paying attention to detail. When the running back is doing this, I’ve got to do that.

“We’ve been to that championship level just last year. We have a little slump, a couple games. We feel confident we’ll be able to hone-in [as] a player-led team and get things right.”

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015

Four players were hand picked to speak to the press and listen to their quotes. Im not bagging on the players but hear what Dan Mullen taught them...

“In regards to people saying getting back to a championship program, this year we had a lot of close games,” he said. “If we don’t have a missed field goal, a missed extra point, a blocked kick and a couple of little mistakes, we’re the greatest ever. We just have to clean up some little things. That comes down to everybody, not only the coaches, us, paying attention to detail. When the running back is doing this, I’ve got to do that.

“We’ve been to that championship level just last year. We have a little slump, a couple games. We feel confident we’ll be able to hone-in [as] a player-led team and get things right.”

Wonder if they'll believe the program is back on track in 2 weeks when they get blown out by Mizzou?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Let me just say this: Gatorchatter is the ONLY place revolving around the Gators that ISN'T detached from reality. It's the complete opposite of your take. We turn out to be right over and over and over again.

As far as "bloviating emotionally", that's what sports message board are all about.
Ok, after reading it a few times, that was me "bloviating emotionally". :lol:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

So they get Reese who followed Mullen from Mississippi State as the person who they quote the most... also look at the article author's bio

He’s a proud 2019 graduate of the University of Florida and a 2017 graduate of Santa Fe College. He interned with the University Athletic Association’s communications department for 1 ½ years as a student and has spent the last two football seasons writing for InsideTheGators.com.

All you need to know. Hand picked dude to say what they want released.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018

Second year in a row mullen's lack of attention to details, inability or lack of interest in being a complete coach, has cost UF glory. His cast of dummies could have made their recruiting so much easier but instead have made all the players that chose the other school thankful and their other-than-UF staff able to credibly say "see, we told you mullen and his staff sux."

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Who the hell puts the empty milk jug back in the fridge??
It enrages women when you do it, whether it's your grandmother, aunt, mother, sister, wife, or daughter, you are guaranteed to get a serious earful. Try it out.

Guys just laugh.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
It enrages women when you do it, whether it's your grandmother, aunt, mother, sister, wife, or daughter, you are sure to get a serious earful. Try it out.

Guys just laugh.
Can't happen, I'm lactose intolerant. :lol:
It's just not the same putting the empty almond milk container back.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
It enrages women when you do it, whether it's your grandmother, aunt, mother, sister, wife, or daughter, you are guaranteed to get a serious earful. Try it out.

Guys just laugh.
Yeah but they real magic in the trick is leaving just a tiny amount in the bottom to really push their buttons!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah but they real magic in the trick is leaving just a tiny amount in the bottom to really push their buttons!
Yeah, that's another good way. However, if you leave just a tiny bit, you can make the argument that it wasn't actually empty.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Someone remind me what championship we won last year?
We were 8-4 and had A LOT of things swing our way. I love how some people say "if dingleberry didn't throw a shoe, THE ONE TIME A GRANTHAM D GOT A FU$KING STOP, then we would have been world champions."
Nobody mentions the other teams dropped ints, or penalties that stopped drives (cause our D damned sure couldnt) etc etc. It goes both ways.

That article just reinforces why Mullen needs to go... even the players are buying into his rationalizations.

Last edited:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014

Well done Nads. You taught them to focus on excuses and moral victories over discipline and hard work. Real chips off the old block.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016

Guys just laugh.
It is a small war between the sexes. I always wonder why every time I go to get my personal pitcher of peach tea the !@#$ thing is in the back of the refrigerator and behind everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator