SOURCE: Mullen safe, staff is not; was mass "flu" a player revolt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I reached out to someone I know with direct ties to the administration, who did some digging for me. The answer they received was that there was zero chance Mullen's job was in danger. However, DC and likely some other assistant coaches were on the way out, with recruiting a higher priority.

This surprises me and part of me still thinks Mullen will try and weasel his way out, as there's no way he wants to be around next year.

There's also no way we'll be able to get a decent DC with a lame-duck coach. Who is going to uproot his family for likely one year?

Discuss.

Slug

I fcuking hate people.
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014
Like I said he'll fire some no name defensive analyst and say "there Gator Nation, I fired someone. I'm not that loyal."

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
I reached out to someone I know with direct ties to the administration, who did some digging for me. The answer they received was that there was zero chance Mullen's job was in danger. However, DC and likely some other assistant coaches were on the way out, with recruiting a higher priority.

This surprises me and part of me still thinks Mullen will try and weasel his way out, as there's no way he wants to be around next year.

Discuss.

Yep. The problem with the "recruiting a higher priority" is some media with influence will say that the new DC and everyone else should have several years to "get their guys in" and "fix it". I'll be on the record here, Mullen has next season for an SEC title or he should be fired. I'm not saying what I want or do not want about him returning for next year, but as I've said since the pre-season, short of a losing season Mullen's job is not in danger.

Blonde Gator

Founding Member
Cynic
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Are you sure it's not April 1st?

In the immortal words of John McEnroe..."you CANNOT be SERIOUS!".

Galactic levels of stupidity should not be discussed.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Are you sure it's not April 1st?

In the immortal words of John McEnroe..."you CANNOT be SERIOUS!".

Galactic levels of stupidity should not be discussed.
Like Butters, Mullen isn't going anywhere unless he forces his way out. Mac would still be waddling along our sideline if he had wanted to stay.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
What does recruiting a higher priority even mean? I mean WTF does that even mean to these people? If your head honcho can't recruit, then making it a priority while keeping the head honcho is just going in circles. Can't they get it? Nobody wants to play for this clown.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
What does recruiting a higher priority even mean? I mean WTF does that even mean to these people? If your head honcho can't recruit, then making it a priority while keeping the head honcho is just going in circles. Can't they get it? Nobody wants to play for this clown.

It means we’re trying to go from 10-12 ranked classes to 8-9 ranked classes.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER Lower Expectations.
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Right?!? Recruiting should always be a priority. ABR- Always Be Recruiting. Even while on vacation.
Coffee is for closers only.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Well at least if we can start recruiting we might be better in a few years. Arrggg. Seriously I doubt we land an actual good DC.

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Nothing to see here, carry on. Mullen not going anywhere as long as Strick is around as said before. AR is gone, Mullen still has his QB

Move on to another sport guys, like baseball or softball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb