SOURCE: Mullen safe, staff is not; was mass "flu" a player revolt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Mullen is probably strutting around like the cock of the walk, wondering why the hell he didn't do this every week - no reason to answer questions by that pesky sports media. I'd bet 10 bucks Stricklin hasn't said a word to him about any of this - not a word.

You spelled Prance wrong;)

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
“Great stuff” (the interview) my behind. David Waters missed a golden opportunity to make a name for himself in the sports media world, he completely let Mullen off the hook. He’s as soft Danny and his staff.
I like Humble already.

Can we keep her?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

From Article:

Amid speculation he is fast approaching the coaching hot seat amid a 2-7 stretch against Power 5 competition, Mullen insisted he has the backing of athletic director Scott Stricklin.

“There’s tremendous support from him every day, ‘What can I do to help?’” Mullen said of Stricklin, who also was his boss from 2010-17 at Mississippi State. “The administration is 100% on board with what we’re doing and looking to the future.

“I don’t feel any pressure from anyone in the building.”

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Uh huh....

I can't even think of the last time I saw Scott Stricklin? Before UK?

maybe he's been fired already and it just hasn't been made public.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I like Humble already.

Can we keep her?

25939e55-88fc-442f-8fac-93cab8c6ea21_text.gif

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

From Article:

Amid speculation he is fast approaching the coaching hot seat amid a 2-7 stretch against Power 5 competition, Mullen insisted he has the backing of athletic director Scott Stricklin.

“There’s tremendous support from him every day, ‘What can I do to help?’” Mullen said of Stricklin, who also was his boss from 2010-17 at Mississippi State. “The administration is 100% on board with what we’re doing and looking to the future.

“I don’t feel any pressure from anyone in the building.”

Looks like my source was right on.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Idk. When Steve Russell is shutting down fans that are propping Mullen up, it's nuclear. He was doing the same thing today. Even made a point to say he didn't know if Mullen would have a chance to try a new qb next year. Not that I think any of the local sports radio guys word is the gospel but I've just never seen anything like this around here. It's kinda weird.

When you completely blow off the media, they get collectively pissed at you. They are a very sensitive bunch.

This must be the new PR go to play, as Stricklin did the exact same thing the last several months. When the heat ratchets up, cancel general media appearances and do only friendly, backroom interviews that never see the light of day other than through sanitized quotes when there was probably an agreement to review the quotes/article before publication in exchange for the exclusive access.

They're all running. The women's basketball issue is real and should go to the top of the UAA and University.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So Dan Mullen is saying he isn't on the hot seat, what head coach talks about them not getting support when they are on the hot seat (other than Butters). I don't know if he is or isn't, but considering the source I would take that with a grain of salt.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So Dan Mullen is saying he isn't on the hot seat, what head coach talks about them not getting support when they are on the hot seat (other than Butters). I don't know if he is or isn't, but considering the source I would take that with a grain of salt.
What's funny is butters dumb ass wasn't even on the hot seat when he said he didn't have any support

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Honestly what do you expect him to say... because when he leaves Florida he wants to be rehired, and every AD is going to look at how this ended when they are making that decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member