SOURCE: Mullen safe, staff is not; was mass "flu" a player revolt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I Watched Mullen's press conference yesterday. He looked relaxed like a burden was lifted of his shoulders. Someone said it was because he'd finally fired TG and Hev. I think it's because he was told he was done at the end of the year.

10641532.jpeg

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Mullen is just an odd bird….I can’t decide if it’s arrogance, delusion, incompetence, smugness, moody, or all the above
Take all that, stir it up, add in a shoe, a VCR copy of Hunchback of Notre Dame, a dash of Butters BBQ sauce and voila!! Instant Dooshbag!
i

Last edited:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Yeah, I'm not sure of his status, but it was clear from his answer that regardless of his long term status, no, he's made no effort yet regarding any coaching replacements.
He's not making coaching replacements because he's not going to be on the coaching staff.

Did you see how like us, Nebraska fired some assistant coaches this week? Then their AD came out and said that Frost would be back next year. Remember when Stricklin did the same and came out and assured everyone MuLLLLLen will be back next year? Me either, because he didn't say it because he knows he's not going to be back.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
He's not making coaching replacements because he's not going to be on the coaching staff.

Did you see how like us, Nebraska fired some assistant coaches this week? Then their AD came out and said that Frost would be back next year. Remember when Stricklin did the same and came out and assured everyone MuLLLLLen will be back next year? Me either, because he didn't say it because he knows he's not going to be back.
Yup... I actually mentioned "where's Strickland's statement?" when someone posted the Nebraska statement.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

I'll remind everyone that he did just that a while back for Mike White when that dude was taking serious heat to close out the season in typical mehhhh fashion. Strick came out and said MW will be our HC for a long time, gave him an actual, real vote of confidence.

So why not this time if Mullen will be here next year as well. There's a lot more pressure on him, and a lot more folks who are a lot more passionate about wanting him out, so if he's not going to be terminated, why doesn't Scott come out and say so and get some of that pressure off him? He did it before under much less serious circumstances so why not now?

I think Strick is on the fence right now, and the next 3 games will help him determine which way to go. For that reason I am very confident mullen is gone, bc hes going to suck in all 3 of those games. And granthem isnt around anymore to be the fall guy (even though he sucks just as much). We will probably win this weekend, but it will be an ugly unsatisfying win, but we drop at least 1 of the final 2 and my money says we drop both. FSU is much improved from earlier and while usually losing, they are playing teams close. They were in it against NC state in the 4th - NC state would dispatch this gators team without much difficulty. Mullen is done.

And if by chance Scott is an even bigger moron than we believe and actually retains this dope despite the body of evidence screaming for termination, we can all take solace knowing that about 5 games into next year Mullen AND Scott will be in the unemployment line and we at least have a chance at getting someone competent to make the next hire.

Frankly I'm almost inclined to hope for the latter of the 2 scenarios b/c if stricklin is the guy hiring the next ball coach there's a significantly greater than 50% chance we find ourselves back in this same spot 2-3 yrs from now.

GatorKen714

May 24, 2018
FSU you tickets are sold - I offered them to a homeless man with $20 and he took the deal. I'll just drink beer and yell at wife, kick dog and sob at home for the game or just go fishing.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I'll remind everyone that he did just that a while back for Mike White when that dude was taking serious heat to close out the season in typical mehhhh fashion. Strick came out and said MW will be our HC for a long time, gave him an actual, real vote of confidence.

So why not this time if Mullen will be here next year as well. There's a lot more pressure on him, and a lot more folks who are a lot more passionate about wanting him out, so if he's not going to be terminated, why doesn't Scott come out and say so and get some of that pressure off him? He did it before under much less serious circumstances so why not now?

I think Strick is on the fence right now, and the next 3 games will help him determine which way to go. For that reason I am very confident mullen is gone, bc hes going to suck in all 3 of those games. And granthem isnt around anymore to be the fall guy (even though he sucks just as much). We will probably win this weekend, but it will be an ugly unsatisfying win, but we drop at least 1 of the final 2 and my money says we drop both. FSU is much improved from earlier and while usually losing, they are playing teams close. They were in it against NC state in the 4th - NC state would dispatch this gators team without much difficulty. Mullen is done.

And if by chance Scott is an even bigger moron than we believe and actually retains this dope despite the body of evidence screaming for termination, we can all take solace knowing that about 5 games into next year Mullen AND Scott will be in the unemployment line and we at least have a chance at getting someone competent to make the next hire.

Frankly I'm almost inclined to hope for the latter of the 2 scenarios b/c if stricklin is the guy hiring the next ball coach there's a significantly greater than 50% chance we find ourselves back in this same spot 2-3 yrs from now.
I don't think the outcome of the next 3 games will have any impact on the decision that has already been made. Mullen probably asked for the decision to be announced after the regular season. If we happen to participate in a Toilet Bowl then I don't expect Dooshbag to coach that game.

Of course we are all guessing, but I'd lay heavy odds that MuLLLLLen is done. It's just a matter of timing of the announcement and the small issue of hiring the next coach.

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
The whole damn thing feels like Apollo 13. The explosion has happened and we have to keep drifting the wrong way before we can go around the Moon and come home. But in our case, we've done it four damned times in just over a decade. It's getting old.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

They fired those coaches to test the waters and see if they could appease us “Gidiots”. If he wanted to fire Mullen, he’d already have done it. He doesn’t, so he’s trying to prolong what we all know is inevitable.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Strichnine this Strichnine that, I get the feeling that no one has seen Strichnine b/c he has been told to stay under his desk and not say a word. His own job is in jeopardy not only for Cousin Eddie, now, but his back turning on the WBB program. I dare say that the chances Strichnine is in charge of anything are practically nil!

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER Lower Expectations.
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Strichnine this Strichnine that, I get the feeling that no one has seen Strichnine b/c he has been told to stay under his desk and not say a word. His own job is in jeopardy not only for Cousin Eddie, now, but his back turning on the WBB program. I dare say that the chances Strichnine is in charge of anything are practically nil!
This is very plausible.
Maybe we get rid of both of them..... if we're lucky.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Then why is he still employed? If the administration wants the AD gone then why hide it? Just do it!
It all feels like they’re trying to appease a large portion of the fan base and save their jobs. We all know it’s just a matter of time (them included) so what’s the fuching hold up?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
[QUOTE="MJMGator, post: 1308111, member: 17"]Then why is he still employed? If the administration wants the AD gone then why hide it? Just do it!
It all feels like they’re trying to appease a large portion of the fan base and save their jobs. We all know it’s just a matter of time (them included) so what’s the fuching hold up?[/QUOTE]

If you have an old school book type dictionary lying around, look up the definition of the word INCOMPETENCE.

It will probably saying something like: See Univ. of Florida Administration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.