SOURCE: UF NOT pursuing Chip Kelly or Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Wow a like! Reminds me of the kid that tells his mom "I will be good for a dollar"...mom says son, "why cant you be good for nothing like your father"...

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Bull we have a dislike policy around heres when mordor's name is mentioned.

It's in the small print.

Mordor? Who is that? I guess I am not initiated in the small print.

Ok Augusta, first you disliked, then you changed it to a like now, just when I dried my tears, it looks like you changed it back to a dislike.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mordor? Who is that? I guess I am not initiated in the small print.

Ok Augusta, first you disliked, then you changed it to a like now, just when I dried my tears, it looks like you changed it back to a dislike.
Shhhhh.....the name that should not be spoken. Donkey knows.

Speaking of donkey, the story is he's from Pinocchio.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I think we blew it with Kelly! Hopefully they won't lowball frost also because if they we'll be looking at another 3-4 of a piss poor product.
What's your gut telling you right now? Mine is telling me they come with a big offer but he turns it down because he goes to Nebraska and by doing that his career dies because he will never get the players needed to run his system there. He will average 8-9 wins a year there with the 10 win season every now and then but nothing more. He won't ever win the Big 10 or make the playoffs like he could if he came to UF. It's kinda sad because i really like Frost but its his choice. I think they will come in with a great offer though

Bar None Gator

Dec 3, 2016
I would be happy with Stoops. And I have said it before, but I like Holgorsen too. What I would like even more is a win today though.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If I were setting odds in Vegas:

Odds of getting Kelly = 30%
Odds of getting Frost if we don't get Kelly = 20%

Odds of getting one or the other .30 + .20 x.70 = .44

Therefore, odds of getting completely screwed 56%

Odds of not knowing anything before Jan 1 and a board meltdown of epic proportions near 70% (If no Kelly then very low probability that even if we get Frost we will know anything earlier than Jan 1)

Note 1: Other lesser coaching possibilities excluded from this analysis.
Note 2: Analysis assumes that pursuit of Frost occurs only if pursuit of Kelly fails.

Last edited:

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
back? He's never quit!
And?

You upset about the dislike?

Say it again!
60943540.jpg

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I’d bring Frost to Gainesville, make my pitch/offer and close it by dismissing everyone else & bringing White, Walton, Sully, Holloway, Burleigh, Wise, O’Leary, Troy, Thornqvist etc. in and say, “We are Florida. You belong here. Ask them anything you like,” then leave the room for 30 minutes. Come back in and ask, “What do you need to be successful here?”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb