Not open for further replies.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n121636 said:
When did I say anything about spurning us? Or is your post directed at someone else?

That was directed in general, not at you specifically.

GatorStompin'

Gator Grad '14
Nov 25, 2014
Gatoravatara;n121609 said:
I agree with this- as long as they are kicking ass at where they are at, like Urbs. Being mediocre and choking in big game in your own conference should not be rewarded. CSU's lost over Air Force tells me that they do not have the ability to win big games and their conference with similar players. Who has better players Air Force or CSU? If the answer is CSU, then that means that Air Force's coaching is better. Ole Miss is different because they play in the hardest division in college football and are a 2nd tier school.

Air Force won--a team that beat Boise, and really isn't that bad--on senior day, on a late game field goal, a year after getting absolutely blown out by rival CSU. That team was super motivated and the talent gap isn't really all that wide. That stuff can happen. The "big game" CSU has won this year are traveling all the way across the country to Boston College, who was a week removed from knocking off a top 10 USC team, and pulling out the win. Beside that, they beat Nevada and a decent Utah State team. The year before McElwain did out-score a Mike Leach led WSU team in their bowl win. But let's be real, CSU hasn't had any true big games in the last three years, none where the talent gap wasn't huge at least. The opportunities haven't been there.

What he has done is improve their record year after year, and taken a bottom dwelling offense to top-10 national status. That's big. Is there another coach at the mid-level that's done better with as little or less?

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Those of you expressing despair and remorse at being spurned by Freeze and/or Ole Miss being chosen over Florida are likely doing so completely unnecessarily. Florida denies having even contacted Freeze, so does ESPN.

@McMurphyESPN: Hugh Freeze gets new deal at Ole Miss but Florida never contacted Freeze or Ole Miss source told @ESPN

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Gatoravatara;n121655 said:
Muschamp nearly upset FSU. Just saying.

EXACTLY! Ding ding ding......thats exactly why he is fired. He nearly won numerous games but wasnt smart enough to finish. He is a loser.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n121663 said:
Florida is Florida and Mississippi is Mississippi. I'm saying he probably could get us their with better talent, like Urbs and Spurrier. Mississipi teams traditionally are middle to bottom feeders. Florida traditionally sits att

Where is your evidence, two wins against teams in the division in three years. But losses against teams that he has similar talent to? It's conjucture at this point for you say that he comes here and automatically we start winning championships when all he has proved is he can beat the teams he is supposed to beat most of the time, and every once in a while beat a team he should lose too. But will also have an unexplained loss at least once a season against a team he should beat. So don't put him in the Spurrier and Meyer category yet.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n121649 said:
What do you expect them to say? Would you ever tell a woman, that i really wanted to date your friend, but she turned me down, so I dated you instead. Would a true friend ever tell her girlfriend that you are happily dating, that he asked you out first but you turned him down?

That's a ridiculous anaolgy, we're not talking about Junior High School boyfriend-girlfriend crap. If Florida's brand is being devalued over a false perception that it's head coaching job has been turned down, that's a big damn deal. See Tennessee, they went from a major power brand to absolute mid-level stuff because of numerous coaches turning them down publicly on multiple searches.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n121671 said:
This is what they all say. Why did my Ole Miss source say differently? Why has the 4MM vs 4.3MM been reported? People just picked numbers out of the sky and made it all up? Also, not contacting a person is not the same thing as finding out whether they are interested or not.

ESPN is saying per Ole Miss officials, they never heard from Florida. UF's Athletic Dpt is saying they never even contacted let alone offered Freeze. Those are my sources, who are your sources saying otherwise?

GatorStompin'

Gator Grad '14
Nov 25, 2014
Gatoravatara;n121671 said:
This is what they all say. Why did my Ole Miss source say differently? Why has the 4MM vs 4.3MM been reported? People just picked numbers out of the sky and made it all up? Also, not contacting a person is not the same thing as finding out whether they are interested or not.

First, why does this matter? Second, Foley has NEVER MET HUGH FREEZE. Never met him. You think he's going to hire the man who is supposed to turn UF football around without meeting him and having an interview? Thats… That's crazy. People make numbers up based on real leaked numbers. As in, 4 mil was the number Ole Miss was giving as a raise and so someone say, "Florida is going to offer 4.2, 4.3, whatever". I mean how many crazy coaching rumors have we heard throughout the years? The saying can go either way; do you believe everything you read and hear?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Foley would have hired Freeze if he 100% accepted the parameters given to his agent by the 3rd party representing us.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n121678 said:
ESPN is saying per Ole Miss officials, they never heard from Florida. UF's Athletic Dpt is saying they never even contacted let alone offered Freeze. Those are my sources, who are your sources saying otherwise?

He read it on the interwebs, so it must be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.