Sources: UF & Chip Kelly working on contract details

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Aaron Kinney (sp?) - TE back in the day
I think he was a pretty decent TE who actually played BB on the side, not the other way around.

I think it was actually Major Parker, who walked on after he was done playing basketball (he still had eligibility). He later worked for Billy D as a staff assistant (doing video work and such) and was busted selling cocaine to an undercover agent and did hard time. Not sure what he's doing these days, but I'm sure he's out of federal prison by now.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
@GridironNow: There's a perception that Chip Kelly is a subpar recruiter. @RyanGreenGN separates truth from fiction.
http://gridironnow.com/chip-kelly-recruiter-florida-problems/

There's literally only one human being in the college football coaching profession capable of NOT being able to recruit at UF.....and he was just fired. It's not that he "couldn't" recruit either....it was because he's lazy. It seems Kelly is far from lazy...in fact, it's apparently why these contract negotiations are moving slowly - as he's doing HIS due diligence on our cheap ass administration. A "lazy" coach wouldn't do that....he'd sign that contract as quickly as they put it down in front of him - like Butters did (which is why he got duped on his assistant coaches salary pool).

Kelly will land top 5 classes regularly, in fact, I imagine he'll have UF in the top 5 more times than not during his tenure at UF....which is hopefully longer than 6 years.

Last edited:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There's literally only one human being in the college football coaching profession capable of NOT being able to recruit at UF.....and he was just fired. It's not that he "couldn't" recruit either....it was because he's lazy. It seems Kelly is far from lazy...in fact, it's apparently why these contract negotiations are moving slowly - as he's doing HIS due diligence on our cheap ass administration. A "lazy" coach wouldn't do that....he sign that contract as quickly as they put it down in front of him - like Butters did (which is why he got duped on his assistant coaches salary pool).

Kelly will land top 5 classes regularly, in fact, I imagine he'll have UF in the top 5 more times than not during his tenure at UF....which is hopefully longer than 6 years.
Didn’t he flirt with top 10 classes at Oregon?

bucsdude

Nov 13, 2017
3 of his 4 classes were top 15 (one was 30th). It's in that GN link.
And the class that was ranked 30th really doesn't make sense to attribute to him. He was promoted to HC after signing day (some time in March). He really only had 3 recruiting classes as HC at Oregon and it was the best recruiting run in program history.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And the class that was ranked 30th really doesn't make sense to attribute to him. He was promoted to HC after signing day (some time in March). He really only had 3 recruiting classes as HC at Oregon and it was the best recruiting run in program history.
Good post. Welcome and keep it up.

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
Better get an avatar quick. It's mandatory. If not one will be provided for you. Usually not a good thing.

bucsdude

Nov 13, 2017
.... What if..... they do not hire Kelly.... or Frost... :scratchchin:
This board:
giphy.gif

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
You don't know this board very well. A coach is retroactively responsible for any class signed including the year he was hired.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Cracks me up every time. “You DE why couldn’t you catch that like the TE we recruited but refuse to play!”
If I remember correctly, Clay Burton either had a false start or some other illegal procedure penalty that killed a potential scoring drive in that game. I would have jumped down his throat, too.

Tevin Westbrook is the one who basically cost us two games with dropped passes in '14.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The bald guy getting off the plane looked like a guy named Justin Schulman which is a partner in Dunn's firm
That’s been addressed somewhere already. In fact they ID’d two employees of Dunn’s at the airport.

Now get an avatar or you’ll be given a bad one. We all prefer Avatars with boobs except SQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator