Sources: UF & Chip Kelly working on contract details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
If Kelly is the hire I'd imagine Jumbo will be shaking in his ballet slippers. The hire together with a crappy year and the return of the "U" will no doubt make recruiting in-state MUCH tougher for FSU.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Obviously we look at things through orange & blue glasses, but is there really another job that is realistically better than the UF job?
Facilities are allegedly better at UT and the stadium seats more. But you still have to deal with the inbreeding and all. So...no.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Don't know who will be our next coach and I am patent enough to wait and see. But the thought of Jeremy Foley being anywhere near the search and selection process absolutely horrifies me. One thing our program cannot survive is another Foley's Folly.

Foley has proven that he knows absolutely nothing about football. So get some rest Jeremy. Go spend some time with your buddy Will in that fancy mansion of his that we Gator fans paid for thanks to you. Just go.

backstop13

Behind Enemy Lines
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Facilities are allegedly better at UT and the stadium seats more. But you still have to deal with the inbreeding and all. So...no.

Don't forget the ease of recruiting the state of Florida. I imagine it's easy to swing hillbilly recruits with the promise of running water though.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Don't forget the ease of recruiting the state of Florida. I imagine it's easy to swing hillbilly recruits with the promise of running water though.

"ease" of recruiting the state of Florida? - You are recruiting against every top team in the country... if it is so easy... why has McElwain been so bad. If you recruit in Florida you are fighting Jimbo, Richt, Harbaugh, Saban, Dabo... just to name a few...

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If Chip is getting $6 MILLION from 49ers for the next year for doing nothing , and getting whatever he is getting from ESPN, why would he want to coach college football? Am sure 49ers would love it. Just another year of stress for Chip and family.
No matter how hard you try, it's not going to matter.

backstop13

Behind Enemy Lines
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
"ease" of recruiting the state of Florida? - You are recruiting against every top team in the country... if it is so easy... why has McElwain been so bad. If you recruit in Florida you are fighting Jimbo, Richt, Harbaugh, Saban, Dabo... just to name a few...

I meant from a travel/logistics point of view. Besides, would you want to play for some folksy loser? Would you want your kids to play for that schmuck?

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
Obviously we look at things through orange & blue glasses, but is there really another job that is realistically better than the UF job?
I'm thinking Dabo has a lock on the best coaching job when Saban retires. Everyone else can just move on.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If we back load his contract..say give him 10 bucks for the first year and a guarantee of 4m more than he would otherwise have gotten, timed to hit after the NFL offset language goes away, do the legal eagles cry foul or can we get away with that. If so, anybody can sweeten the deal for Kelly without breaking the bank.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A pretty reputable poster on scout has said a deal is agreed too through Kelly's agent and awaiting to be signed... hopefully this guy knows what he's talking about
Make that 2 separate reputable posters now claiming this thing is done

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
From what they are saying is that Kelly actually agreed on Friday and it's been in UF's court now since then for final approval

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You have like 1/20 of the instate bluechip recruits if you take the hillbilly job.

ATM is a sleeping giant. Richest team in SEC and sitting on a never ending supply of both money and talent. I would consider Florida and ATM as the #1 and #1a.

UCLA is as good as anyone in PAC12. They are the next tier IMO.

Id rate Arky and Tinerc is tied for the next tier along with Nebraska if it comes open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb