Status
Not open for further replies.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Kelly/Frost offense tends to blow out lesser competition. Just the way it's designed. The test is the ability to out coach the other sideline when going up against equal talent. Something that we know Kelly can do but is still a question mark for Frost.

Just make him go watch that video we all saw last night, or was it the night before? It's in one of these threads. Some dude talking about the Oregon vs Stanford game and he shows exactly how Chip Kelly completely outsmarted and kept Harbaugh on his heels and gasping for an answer the entire game. Kelly is an offensive genius, unlike the last guy we hired. Boy were we all fed a load of garbage on that one...

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Just make him go watch that video we all saw last night, or was it the night before? It's in one of these threads. Some dude talking about the Oregon vs Stanford game and he shows exactly how Chip Kelly completely outsmarted and kept Harbaugh on his heels and gasping for an answer the entire game. Kelly is an offensive genius, unlike the last guy we hired. Boy were we all fed a load of garbage on that one...
We haven't seen that kind of in-game coaching since Urby.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If we're sending a ?cesna, we're picking up Frost for a visit to see Gainesville. If it's Kelly we need a jumbo jet -he's fat. :D

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
"Is it gonna be Kelly?"
"Is it gonna be Kelly?"
"Is it gonna be Kelly?"

Wait a minute....isn't that Chip Kelly in the white hat second row from the top?

v4j4izS.gif

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I know that a figure of 4.5-5 million was floated out there when discussing Frost. This seems to be in line with what UF wanted to pay...

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
4.5 million per would put Kelly at ninth in the nation tied with Franklin and Ferentz. FWIW, Dabo is right behind them at 4.4.

Nevertheless, it's low for a guy of Kelly's stature, and I'm not sure if the holdover NFL pay thinking holds water unless it somehow creates a monetary disincentive (I don't know the contract details). When you're very good at what you do, you want to know you're being paid market value.

Either way, there's way too much national noise surrounding this developing story for it to be fake. I'm elated to know we're closing in on a huge hire.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@NickdelaTorreGC: FWIW, according to flight aware, the plane that was scheduled to leave gainesville for Windsor Locks, CT at 2:30 pm is still sitting at Gainesville Regional Airport.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
4.5 million per would put Kelly at ninth in the nation tied with Franklin and Ferentz. FWIW, Dabo is right behind them at 4.4.

Nevertheless, it's low for a guy of Kelly's stature, and I'm not sure if the holdover NFL pay thinking holds water unless it somehow creates a monetary disincentive (I don't know the contract details). When you're very good at what you do, you want to know you're being paid market value.

Either way, there's way too much national noise surrounding this developing story for it to be fake. I'm elated to know we're closing in on a huge hire.
isn't dabo at 8 million?

malo

Founding Member
Daily observer
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@NickdelaTorreGC: FWIW, according to flight aware, the plane that was scheduled to leave gainesville for Windsor Locks, CT at 2:30 pm is still sitting at Gainesville Regional Airport.

Gatorchatter strikes again. They have had to take the diversion plane!

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
While I hope it's true, the new updated thread title seems a bit premature to me.:whistle:

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Its almost as funny as believing Kelly is signing for 4.5...
it aint gonna be frost. nebraska is firing riley at the end of the year and they've been talking to him this entire time. as time goes by, i think he's definitely going back to the corn fields.

we either have to get kelly, or norvell before tennessee does, or we are straight up fvkd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.