Not open for further replies.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n96774 said:
But if we win out, I just can't see how he could let Muschamp go. No coach would want to come here.
My God man, I just don't agree. Not at all. People aren't stupid, they see how much we've been embarrassed since Muschamp took over. They see the offensive rankings, they see the recruiting falling of the face of the Earth. People would understand the change, almost everyone has been expecting it for a long time.

On top of that, this is the weakest the East has been in decades, and everyone knows it. Winning the East this year is like being the tallest midget. UF isn't going to get much credit for winning the East (and I don't think they will anyway).

If you want to talk about perception, the perception is that WE SUCK ON OFFENSE and recruits shouldn't sign here. That's the perception. And it sure as hell didn't change after the 6 pass, 60 run UGA game.

No coach would want to come here? Really? I still get surprised when I see Gator fans say this. It's an elite job with fabulous resources.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n96788 said:
Originally posted by GatorJ View Post
But if we win out, I just can't see how he could let Muschamp go. No coach would want to come here.

My God man, I just don't agree. Not at all. People aren't stupid, they see how much we've been embarrassed since Muschamp took over. They see the offensive rankings, they see the recruiting falling of the face of the Earth. People would understand the change, almost everyone has been expecting it for a long time.

If you want to talk about perception, the perception is that WE SUCK ON OFFENSE and recruits shouldn't sign here. That's the perception. And it sure as hell didn't change after the 6 pass, 60 run UGA game.

No coach would want to come here? Really? I still get surprised when I see Gator fans say this. It's an elite job with fabulous resources.

Well you kind of took that quote out of context... I think coaches would be lining up take the HC job here. I'm just saying that IF we won out (which was the premise of that response), firing an SECCG winning coach would cause hesitation in the coaching ranks. That's it. I don't think for a minute that we win out but that was the premise of the response.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Yes it is an elite job with great resources, that said there are other equal jobs many without the high expectations and intense competition for recruits in your home state. I doubt the coaches mentioned will want to come, but we can get someone who has potential and experience at a lower level.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Furthermore, Muschamp still needs to go IMO. One win against Georgia in 4 years doesn't save his job. It doesn't make up for 3 other years of futility against Georgia or the garbage offense that we've had to watch for 4 years. Even if the problem was Driskel, his job as the coach was to identify that and make a change. He didn't. So he gets what he earned by making that decision...

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
My perception today is we beat the sh#t out of our biggest rival with a QB that gives the team hope and confidence and fire. Beyond that there are games to play and plays to work on. You add some decent pass plays to these two RBs and you may have something good.. But hey, I have been called Polyanna, the ultimate pumper and the eternal optimist but what I am is a supporter of the gators. This is our team. Give them sh#t if you need to when they look bad but props when the deserve it. I hope they win out and beat ass in a bowl game and find some good players to sign. The rest is out of my hands.......but if the regime changes I will be behind it all the way.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Who here believes we can continue to win games doing what we did yesterday? Its not going to happen. It was a fluke that we didnt have to pass yesterday. With yesterdays success, he will ride that horse from here on out....

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Stoops, Petrino, or Briles would invigorate this team and the recruiting front. But if he's looking for SEC experience that would eliminate Briles.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n96796 said:
My perception today is we beat the sh#t out of our biggest rival with a QB that gives the team hope and confidence and fire. Beyond that there are games to play and plays to work on. You add some decent pass plays to these two RBs and you may have something good.. But hey, I have been called Polyanna, the ultimate pumper and the eternal optimist but what I am is a supporter of the gators. This is our team. Give them sh#t if you need to when they look bad but props when the deserve it. I hope they win out and beat ass in a bowl game and find some good players to sign. The rest is out of my hands.......but if the regime changes I will be behind it all the way.

Nobody here will ever give credit to WM for anything, that's just the way it is. He's earned a lot of the criticism he's gotten, but when he steamrolls a top 15 team, it's crickets when it comes to giving the man credit. Most rushing yards since 1989? Fluke. Most rushing yards UGA has given up since 1978? Fluke. But people would have pointed out whatever negative "record" would have been set had we lost yesterday. It is what it is.

Now watch everyone ignore the part where I said he's earned his criticism and call me a pumper. :rolleyes:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
According to that last source they want the new coach to be "young", too. That probably would eliminate someone like Briles as well.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe we'll offer Malzahn 7 Mil a year...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n96803 said:
Nobody here will ever give credit to WM for anything, that's just the way it is. He's earned a lot of the criticism he's gotten, but when he steamrolls a top 15 team, it's crickets when it comes to giving the man credit. Most rushing yards since 1989? Fluke. Most rushing yards UGA has given up since 1978? Fluke. But people would have pointed out whatever negative "record" would have been set had we lost yesterday. It is what it is.
What you say is exactly true. When Muschamp went 4-8, he no longer was going to be given the benefit of the doubt for anything. You're given a certain amount of rope with the fans and he used his up. Not saying it's right or wrong, just the way it is. When you lose a fan base it's nearly impossible to get them back.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n96803 said:

Now watch everyone ignore the part where I said he's earned his criticism and call me a pumper. :rolleyes:

Not true. I thanked champ a couple times yesterday. I say fluke because champ has tried to ground and pound for years without success. Its not my fault he hasnt won.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
"Foley HAS already interviewed coaches, and agents have been spoken to as well. Interviews actually began after last season. "

Unless he means just talking to someone after last season to gage interest I think that is bull. I doubt any top names would even answer a question on interest to Foley at this point in the season and only agent discussions would even be taking place now. The articles are even going back to the Muschamp may survive at 7-4 talk again since the Georgia win like it was floated previously. I think this source may eat some crow depending on how the rest of the season plays out.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n96818 said:
"Foley HAS already interviewed coaches, and agents have been spoken to as well. Interviews actually began after last season. "

Unless he means just talking to someone after last season to gage interest I think that is bull. I doubt any top names would even answer a question on interest to Foley at this point in the season and only agent discussions would even be taking place now. The articles are even going back to the Muschamp may survive at 7-4 talk again since the Georgia win like it was floated previously. I think this source may eat some crow depending on how the rest of the season plays out.
You seem desperate to have Muschamp back, Fever.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n96811 said:
What you say is exactly true. When Muschamp went 4-8, he no longer was going to be given the benefit of the doubt for anything. You're given a certain amount of rope with the fans and he used his up. Not saying it's right or wrong, just the way it is. When you lose a fan base it's nearly impossible to get them back.

Regardless of what happens the rest of the season or with his job after the season, I'm sure he won back a few people yesterday. At least nobody can say he never beat UGA anymore.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n96821 said:
Regardless of what happens the rest of the season or with his job after the season, I'm sure he won back a few people yesterday. At least nobody can say he never beat UGA anymore.
Did he win you back?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n96819 said:
You seem desperate to have Muschamp back, Fever.

Actually its the opposite I am scared as hell Foley will bring him back if he goes 7-4 now.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n96828 said:
Actually its the opposite I am scared as hell Foley will bring him back if he goes 7-4 now.
No reason to be scared. Just let it play out.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n96825 said:
Did he win you back?

I would still be ok with going in a different direction coaching wise next year. Yesterday was just a massive relief because I was sick of losing to those jackasses.

However, having said that, if we make it to Atlanta, Foley's decision will be that much more difficult.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n96792 said:
Well you kind of took that quote out of context... I think coaches would be lining up take the HC job here. I'm just saying that IF we won out (which was the premise of that response), firing an SECCG winning coach would cause hesitation in the coaching ranks. That's it. I don't think for a minute that we win out but that was the premise of the response.

This is the exact reason why firing Muschamp after thr Missouri loss was the correct move. Zook won some games after he was fired and so will Muschamp. Just like Muschamp wojt be fired for one or two bad games, he shouldn't keep his job for one or two 'good' ones. His whole body of woek must be judged and it sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb