SOURCES: While not yet public, Will Muschamp has been fired * SECOND UPDATE*

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
alcoholica;n96998 said:
If we make it to the SECCG, I would be okay with keeping Muschamp. Most people thought that 8 wins would keep him here, and that's essentially what the record would be....might as well count Idaho as a win. I can't see why a big name coach would leave his school to go to a University that would fire you for going to the SECCG.

I think Mizzou will allow us the opportunity to win the East. I also think Muschamp gets outcoached by SOS, so this is all a moot point. But....I'm rooting for Muschamp. A successful Muschamp means a successful UF. It's clearer now than ever that Driskel was the majority of the issue. Sucks to say that but it's true. We are still rebuilding from Meyer and Muschamp clearly deserves some of the blame, but we are so close to being back. We have young depth on both lines, two talented young QBs with one on the way, a talented secondary, a deep RB stable....it's close to coming together.

Another thing to consider is recruiting. If we make the SECCG and Muschamp is fired, who will want to come here that isn't already a lean? Especially as much as recruits love Muschamp. If he flops, they'll understand but a SECCG appearance and they won't understand.

So, we win one game and we are close to being back? I am happy about our win but I think it will take a new coach to bring us back. I had to eat crow this game and wouldnt mind being wrong again but I dont think I am. We cant keep champ. I like him. I wish he were the one. Hes not.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n96975 said:
I am not advocating another year, but such a statement about UF football is stupid ~ plain and simple

Really? How many of the top 50 recruits in FL are committed to us? Nobody wants to play for that schmuck hence zero big names committed here. We haven't been relevant for a while now and you are now starting to see kids who were 11-12-13 five years ago start graduating HS. Tebow is a long long time ago.

11-2 was a sham and everyone knows except some idiots and Foley.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n96998 said:
If we make it to the SECCG, I would be okay with keeping Muschamp.
I don't understand this at all, but to each his own. I'm tired of being embarrassed on Saturdays.

We had a fun game this week, but why do I think we're headed for a major letdown against lowly Vandy?

Winning the East this year is being the tallest midget - there isn't much accomplishment in it.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n96995 said:
I have no clue.

Lol so you have no clue what guesses you said you guessed to your "source" when they contacted you with info? Seems legit.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n97024 said:
I don't understand this at all, but to each his own. I'm tired of being embarrassed on Saturdays.

We had a fun game this week, but why do I think we're headed for a major letdown against lowly Vandy?

Winning the East this year is being the tallest midget - there isn't much accomplishment in it.

I think the SECCG is moot because I just don't see those stars aligning for us. I still think the only scenario which would lead to Muschamp being retained is winning out, INCLUDING FSU and a bowl game. And I gotta say, it would be hard to argue against Foley if this team ended the season having won 6 straight, including a massive upset on the road against FSU, a bowl win and a 9-3 record.

Having said all that, I don't see us winning out.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Regarding Muschamp's future: hopefully the focus is on the method of play, not the final result. Usually fans look positively at a 11-2 season, but Gator Nation will not tolerate a run-first slow-tempo attack which results in predictable offense and close games against inferior opponents.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
T REX;n97012 said:
Really? How many of the top 50 recruits in FL are committed to us? Nobody wants to play for that schmuck hence zero big names committed here. We haven't been relevant for a while now and you are now starting to see kids who were 11-12-13 five years ago start graduating HS. Tebow is a long long time ago.

11-2 was a sham and everyone knows except some idiots and Foley.

Easy, Easy, step away from the ledge. Ups and downs happen to every school. You shouldn't project your estrogen driven hysteria on the best football program in the country.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
The Original DC;n97049 said:
I think the SECCG is moot because I just don't see those stars aligning for us. I still think the only scenario which would lead to Muschamp being retained is winning out, INCLUDING FSU and a bowl game. And I gotta say, it would be hard to argue against Foley if this team ended the season having won 6 straight, including a massive upset on the road against FSU, a bowl win and a 9-3 record.

Having said all that, I don't see us winning out.
If we win out against everyone except FSU (but we keep that game close), and also win our bowl game, I could agree with the "keep Muschamp" crowd IF THERE WAS A MARKED CHANGE IN OFFENSIVE PHILOSOPHY (I'm not expecting 50 passes and 20 rushes, but 40 rushes and 30 passes would be acceptable)

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator;n97059 said:
If we win out against everyone except FSU (but we keep that game close), and also win our bowl game, I could agree with the "keep Muschamp" crowd IF THERE WAS A MARKED CHANGE IN OFFENSIVE PHILOSOPHY (I'm not expecting 50 passes and 20 rushes, but 40 rushes and 30 passes would be acceptable)
I think anything short of winning out he's fired

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n97056 said:
Easy, Easy, step away from the ledge. Ups and downs happen to every school. You shouldn't project your estrogen driven hysteria on the best football program in the country.

I've called this since it started. Mark my words, if that psycho is brought back for a fifth year...we will not win an SEC title for another five years following it.

The hole that this year in recruiting will create will take 3 years to get out of. Are you even conscious of what's going on at UF? On the national level we are currently irrelevant. It's the little things...our scores are no longer posted as much(not being in the top 25 does that). We used to be THE story now we are an afterthought on any national show. We are hardly talked about. Hysteria? Are you f ing kidding me? The house is burning down and you're like..."hey calm down...it's no big deal. Don't worry. " Yeah right. GTFO.

You MUST be a diving team fan first and foremost.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
This is just speculation on my part, and I know I am reading a lot into this. But Muschamp looked awfully calm on the sideline yesterday almost relaxed. He seemed like someone resigned to his fate. He looked like someone who has made his peace. There was something strange about Muschamp yesterday.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Okeechobee Joe;n97070 said:
This is just speculation on my part, and I know I am reading a lot into this. But Muschamp looked awfully calm on the sideline yesterday almost relaxed. He seemed like someone resigned to his fate. He looked like someone who has made his peace. There was something strange about Muschamp yesterday.

In all likelihood, that's what it was. Just glad he was able to get a W against UGA before his time was done here.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ox WOULD YOU PLEASE clean up this thread? Maybe start with the Third Update and forward. Lock the rest.

I can't read it all from tap-a-talk and it took forever to find the third update even from my desktop. It's just too long.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n97069 said:
if that psycho is brought back for a fifth year...we will not win an SEC title for another five years following it.

The hole that this year in recruiting will create will take 3 years to get out of. Are you even conscious of what's going on at UF? .
Not everyone is particularly aware of football, much less an X and O type. That's Bull. He reads what Andreu and Dooley write and believes it. Chimp's a great coach and the best recruiter ever.

That's just the way it is. Quit fighting the battle because you'll never get anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator