Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n97192 said:
He was sumlins oc anm s first year.
I don't really count 1 year as being "familiar", especially a 1st year in the conference and as just a coordinator, but whatever.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n97207 said:
About a dozen zealots on this board (out of hundreds of members) and the guy who sent you the email constitutes "a lot?" A lot of others think the people going after Foley are absolute ignoramuses and doing more harm to the program than the folks on the opposite extreme end who still want to keep Muschamp around.

I'm thrilled that those who want Foley gone or marginalized are still seen clearly as the lunatic fringe.

it's kinda split down the middle with Foley. I was at a big party this weekend and when the discussion came up the opinions were split. I can see both sides of the coin myself. With his experience and connections he's made as far as agents he's familiar with and his ability to raise money for what ever we need I think it's a good call to have him lead the search.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
I don't know how to break this to you DC, but people who want Foley gone are not a lunatic fringe. They may not be a majority (yet) but they are definitely a large minority. You clearly think Foley is the greatest thing ever and therefore you have no problem creating and buying into excuses for his two horrific busts of HBC selections. If you think he really had a lot to do with Urban Meyer being hired here, then I think you are definitely in the minority on that one, but I will concede that he did have a lot to do with Meyer being allowed access to loot the program for a year when his next dream job became available. That's one thing I do feel sorry for Will, having Urban around that first year could not have been easy.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
So, if we win out, including FSU, you guys believe Muschamp should and will be fired?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n97228 said:
So, if we win out, including FSU, you guys believe Muschamp should and will be fired?

I don't think he will be but he definitely should be

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n97228 said:

I do. Zook won a couple on his way out the door (thanks for beating FSU)...earned him the job at Illinois...how did that turn out? The stubbornness of his personnel decisions and the unwillingness to allow an offense to learn and grow have been his downfall and will not change in the near future...it is the way he is and it is what he believes in. The negative performances and the negative records he has set cannot be erased. A few wins at the end of his tenure does not change any of that.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
OcalaGator83;n97217 said:
I don't know how to break this to you DC, but people who want Foley gone are not a lunatic fringe. They may not be a majority (yet) but they are definitely a large minority. You clearly think Foley is the greatest thing ever and therefore you have no problem creating and buying into excuses for his two horrific busts of HBC selections. If you think he really had a lot to do with Urban Meyer being hired here, then I think you are definitely in the minority on that one, but I will concede that he did have a lot to do with Meyer being allowed access to loot the program for a year when his next dream job became available. That's one thing I do feel sorry for Will, having Urban around that first year could not have been easy.

I think people who want Foley gone are absolute, lunatic fringe idiots, reminiscent of the Tennessee fan base. They're blinded by their hatred/anger for Muschamp and have an impossible time stepping back and seeing the big picture.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Well, I have talked to a lot of Gator fans today and I can tell you more than 90% think he should keep his job if he wins out. Probably 50% believe he should be retained if we beat Vandy, USCe and that scrub team convincingly. They are ok with a loss to FSU, as ling as it's a game. I agree with the first group - if he wins out, he should keep his job. I look at things in a little different way than most. I refuse to consider last year's record and 2011, because of how bad the mess was thst Urban left behind. So, if you take 2012 & 2014 records, considering he wins out, we would be 20 & 5. That's not a bad record, especially, when you consider the giant holes Meyer left in our roster and the number of young players that we have in key positions. I have seen things click with teams, after facing adversity. It could be that this team has made that leap, now that Harris is the starting QB. Once again, let the season play out. We may be pleasantly surprised.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n97237 said:
Well, I have talked to a lot of Gator fans today and I can tell you more than 90% think he should keep his job if he wins out. Probably 50% believe he should be retained if we beat Vandy, USCe and that scrub team convincingly. They are ok with a loss to FSU, as ling as it's a game. I agree with the first group - if he wins out, he should keep his job. I look at things in a little different way than most. I refuse to consider last year's record and 2011, because of how bad the mess was thst Urban left behind. So, if you take 2012 & 2014 records, considering he wins out, we would be 20 & 5. That's not a bad record, especially, when you consider the giant holes Meyer left in our roster and the number of young players that we have in key positions. I have seen things click with teams, after facing adversity. It could be that this team has made that leap, now that Harris is the starting QB. Once again, let the season play out. We may be pleasantly surprised.

I think the style of play and the lack of preparation for most games is why an exit visa has been drafted.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
GIGator;n97228 said:

Throwing the ball less than 10 times a game will not "win us out." Not in this conference it won't. As far as FSU is concerned they will sling the ball all over the place as Mason was no Winston.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I love how so many people think we should have passed a ton in 20mph winds instead of continuing to ram the ball down UGA's throat. Just say that you wanted us to lose to UGA so we could fire Muschamp, because that's what you are really saying. Everyone's hate for the guy is bordering on pathetic. You'd rather see us lose than win because you hate a guy that the players love, who cleaned up the program, and who by all accounts is a quality guy. If he doesn't get the job done, fine fire him, but there's no point in wanting UF to lose...and we wonder why so many say we have ****ty fans.

TommyGator

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n97256 said:
I love how so many people think we should have passed a ton in 20mph winds instead of continuing to ram the ball down UGA's throat. Just say that you wanted us to lose to UGA so we could fire Muschamp, because that's what you are really saying. Everyone's hate for the guy is bordering on pathetic. You'd rather see us lose than win because you hate a guy that the players love, who cleaned up the program, and who by all accounts is a quality guy. If he doesn't get the job done, fine fire him, but there's no point in wanting UF to lose...and we wonder why so many say we have ****ty fans.

We must be drinking from the same bottle....and it ain't koolade!

I am surely in the minority here, but I'm thinkin' the info about Muschamp being "already gone" is just wishful crapola. I believe he will be our coach next year if he wins the next 3 (all very winnable) and ESPECIALLY if we beat the school out west. This team has been shackled by counter productive offense for the last 5 years. If Treon can get experience in actually running the O over the next 3 weeks, and if that pays off in production, and keeping the D off the field, anything can (and might) happen.

The absolute hate for this coach is reprehensible. Zook had loser written all over him. Champ has been VERY unlucky with injuries and a QB who just did not grow into the game. But he is gonna be an excellent head coach...I (for one) just hope it is here.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
TommyGator;n97271 said:

I am surely in the minority here, but I'm thinkin' the info about Muschamp being "already gone" is just wishful crapola. I believe he will be our coach next year if he wins the next 3 (all very winnable) and ESPECIALLY if we beat the school out west. This team has been shackled by counter productive offense for the last 5 years. If Treon can get experience in actually running the O over the next 3 weeks, and if that pays off in production, and keeping the D off the field, anything can (and might) happen.

The absolute hate for this coach is reprehensible. Zook had loser written all over him. Champ has been VERY unlucky with injuries and a QB who just did not grow into the game. But he is gonna be an excellent head coach...I (for one) just hope it is here.

I have said over and over that I wish champ was successful. I like him. Problem is he isnt and he has embarrassed us far too long. We have become a joke that nobody is afraid to play. So many negative records set under his watch its unbelievable. I appreciate his ability to clean up the program and also his work ethic but its just not enough to retain him. I believe he already knows he is done here. I wish him the best at his next stop.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n97256 said:

This. I agree with Pat and Robbie in their post-game video. If you rooted for the Gators to lose to the Dogs, you are not a Florida fan. Period.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Cannot believe some of the things I just read. Because of one win, all of the embarrassment for 3+ years just goes away. Hell, even our disastrous recruiting is set aside because we beat UGA. Remember our current #61 recruiting class with no Florida blue chippers? Do you really think we would land a bunch of 5 star leaners if we won out? Of course not. The way we beat UGA did nothing to convince recruits things are going to be any different. Thank goodness the Board of Trustees has already chosen to save this program and it's not up to some of the people on this board.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My source says Willie Taggert (USF) is high on the list.

His 21 - 36 record stands out to me as a BIG negative!

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
TommyGator;n97271 said:

No I am sure Muschamp still has loser written all over him. Luck doesn't factor in to losing to the most horrible Miami team when healthy last year, losing to GSU who had as many injuries as we had, getting blown out by Mizzou and Alabama this year, and losing to an LSU team that we should have beat. Those were all horrible coaching decisions in keeping Driskel on the field and not have recruited a bunch of playmakers to keep up with those teams....you are blind to think otherwise.

Oh and if you think running the ball 600+ times in a game and throwing for 6 is going to win anymore games you are also delusional. He is not going to be a good headcoach, if he couldnt do it here with everything at his disposal, there is no possible way he does it anywhere else.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
alcoholica;n97256 said:

You know Mason didn't look like he had a problem throwing in those winds. What happens if we don't execute the fake successfully and they score? We probably end up getting trounced.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
I agree with ox. The recruiting failures are hard to ignore. Not to mention lack of development of most of the highly touted recruits we have gotten. I like champ and I wish he would be successful here, but it hasn't happened yet and does not appear it will. We need recruits and we keep losing them to FSU which infuriates me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.