SOURCES: While not yet public, Will Muschamp has been fired *UPDATED*

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n97395 said:
I'd say whatever method that resulted in what was for all intents and purposes a 38-13 win over the #11 team in the country worked just fine. If we had squeaked out a 13-12 victory doing what we did, I could understand the trepidation, but we killed them.

The score was 38-20 but what I said afterwards was they have been trying this same type of offense for a long time and this was like the first real success we have seen from it....

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
In response to everyone - you are right that our offense won't be that skewed in the future. If we dominate Vandy and have an adequate passing game, then I'll be more optimistic. But if we beat them 24-21 and only pass for 66 yards, then I'll know nothing has changed.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The dinosaur runs 60 times and people are reconsidering this trash of a product. HE'S THE SAME FREAKING MEDIOCRE GUY THAT HE WAS LAST WEEK!!!!

Nothing has changed...Richt blew another game he should have won and our blind squirrel found a nut. It happens but let's not give Muschamp another year to further destroy the program.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n97397 said:
How he won??? Really??? The wind was blowing 30+ miles an hour. The O-line and running backs have never learned pass protection and the last game was fumbled away. So he ran and it worked. The objective of good coaching is to win and to call plays that work and to eliminate turnovers. Are you and all your other whiney compadres that pathetic?

Does one win erase all his other garbage? There's your answer. Running 60 times...do you think he turned some magical corner? The planets aligned and he ran and it worked. He's the same guy he was last week. You're pathetic for wanting to keep that guy.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n97414 said:
Does one win erase all his other garbage? There's your answer. Running 60 times...do you think he turned some magical corner? The planets aligned and he ran and it worked. He's the same guy he was last week. You're pathetic for wanting to keep that guy.

As I said in another thread one Attaboy doesn't wipe out all the Oh Sh*ts we've had to deal with the last 4 years.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Gator87;n97418 said:
As I said in another thread one Attaboy doesn't wipe out all the Oh Sh*ts we've had to deal with the last 4 years.

I agree that congrats are in order. Great win. Doesnt change anything.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n97401 said:
I have yet to see where he has said we're going to run it 60 times every game now. The game plan for UGA wasn't to run it 60 times, but it was working, the wind was strong and there really wasn't a reason to start slinging the ball all over the field. I highly doubt they will run the ball THAT much in future games so getting worked up about it is a bit silly right now.

I remember Gus Malzan (sp?) last year saying, "...yeah, we'll pass it if we have to..." But nobody could stop the run. So he just kept running it at his opponents and piled up yards and points. They won several games by throwing it very few times...and the interesting thing was despite the fact that they were "run heavy" it was actually a very fun to watch. Our problem has been our offense has been VERY painful to watch. Saturday was fun. I wouldn't mind seeing a lot more of that, with a few more passes slipped in...

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Alagator;n97429 said:
I remember Gus Malzan (sp?) last year saying, "...yeah, we'll pass it if we have to..." But nobody could stop the run. So he just kept running it at his opponents and piled up yards and points. They won several games by throwing it very few times...and the interesting thing was despite the fact that they were "run heavy" it was actually a very fun to watch. Our problem has been our offense has been VERY painful to watch. Saturday was fun. I wouldn't mind seeing a lot more of that, with a few more passes slipped in...

So, why hasnt it worked before Sat?

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
No true fan wants the gators to lose. WM has been give more than a fair chance. We are at the place, again, where Foley needs do the job he is paid to do. We are interested in the long run not just one game. Not throwing Saturday was another example of no change. And you can complete a pass with the wind blowing. Mason threw for 319 Yard in that wind. WM's system is in full operation. We should be in the top ten and already have a top five recruiting class committed. He does not know how to evaluate talent. I fell sorry for the assistant coaches. You can bet he micro manages everything. I don't worry about him going somewhere else and becoming a great HC. Also. Any potential coach saw the athletes we have and the potential here During Saturday's game. He has had more than enough time to do what he hasn't done.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n97411 said:
The dinosaur runs 60 times and people are reconsidering this trash of a product. HE'S THE SAME FREAKING MEDIOCRE GUY THAT HE WAS LAST WEEK!!!!

Nothing has changed...Richt blew another game he should have won and our blind squirrel found a nut. It happens but let's not give Muschamp another year to further destroy the program.

I'm so confused as to why people would have wanted us to start thowing the ball around the field on Saturday with the way we were running it. It's working... why stop doing it?

I agree this game doesn't save his job, but if he wins out and beats FSU in Tally then I think it will be hard to fire the guy. I also think you are going to see the offense open up more.

People keep saying Muschamp doesn't like to throw it..., I think he prefers to run, but likes to be 50/50 balanced. Overall, I think he will stick with what works. The reality is we haven't had a good passing game even when he tries to throw it. At this point that is 100% on WM. It's bad protections, bad passes and receivers who drop key passes.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n97446 said:
I think he prefers to run, but likes to be 50/50 balanced. .

Contradictory....if he PREFERS to run the play selection will bear that out. The guy likes to run and be conservative. Punt and play defense. That's him from day one and it hasn't changed. It is ingrained in him. It's part of his root philosophy.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So we're still complaining about a gameplan that put up 400+ yards rushing for the first time in 25 years and yielded 38 points?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n97466 said:
So we're still complaining about a gameplan that put up 400+ yards rushing for the first time in 25 years and yielded 38 points?

Im not. I am surprised his game plan finally worked.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
"In constant rain, the usually prolific passing game of coach Steve Spurrier's 1993 Florida Gators was stymied.[SUP][51][/SUP] Instead, the Gators relied on tailback Errict Rhett to amass 183 yards and two touchdowns to build a 33–26 fourth-quarter lead."

You guys know me as being pretty tough on WM. But we forget that even Spurrier recognized that, based on conditions, sometimes you're better off going with the safe bet until forced to do otherwise. He had Dean and Wuerffel at his disposal, and literally ran Rhett into the ground. The gameplan, while not likely to be somethig we could live off of, worked. No need to switch it up.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Before we crown him king of the world, let's see if he can do it more than once.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

Your post basically says it was an anomaly. Thank you for proving my point.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n97475 said:
Worked several times in 2012.

We barely won games in 2012 and without our defense being so stout, our offense would have been considered a failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb