Not open for further replies.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n97479 said:
Your post basically says it was an anomaly. Thank you for proving my point.
An anomaly through Spurrier, Zook, and Meyer?

Like I said, you guys attribute plenty of the "bad records" to him, why not attribute some of the good ones? In the first two games, the offense gained the most yards ever in a two game stretch in school history. This weekend, they rushed for the most yards since Emmitt was here, and the most any team had against UGA since 1978 (and 2nd most ever).

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n97485 said:
We barely won games in 2012 and without our defense being so stout, our offense would have been considered a failure.

We had a 1,000 yard rusher that year, first in 8 years at that point. Apparently it worked well enough.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n97487 said:

Like I said, you guys attribute plenty of the "bad records" to him, why not attribute some of the good ones? In the first two games, the offense gained the most yards ever in a two game stretch in school history. This weekend, they rushed for the most yards since Emmitt was here, and the most any team had against UGA since 1978 (and 2nd most ever).

I think the bad records on his resume far outweigh the good ones.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The LSU game in 2012 is a perfect example of the offense working the way it should. It wasn't this dominant, but we did wear them down and run the ball at will.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gator87;n97500 said:
I think the bad records on his resume far outweigh the good ones.

No argument there, but give credit when it's due. Otherwise it makes people look childish and petulant.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n97494 said:
We had a 1,000 yard rusher that year, first in 8 years at that point. Apparently it worked well enough.

I dont dispute the rushing. I do dispute the offense really "working". We did enough to win. Again, thanks to our D. We were one of the most predictable O out there.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n97487 said:

Maybe because they subscribed to this thing called "balance". Credit? He FINALLY beat UGA. There's your credit. Richt craps the bed and you want me to credit Muschamp for his 16-14 SEC record? Anytime you beat them it is great but once out of four tries? That's .250 and it stinks just like Muschamp and the current state of UF football affairs.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Capt: I am willing to bet...a lot in fact...that if you go back and look at roper's offenses he never had anything close to 60/6 pass/run...ever. And that would lend credence to Muschamp meddling with the offense. It is an anomaly. An aberration.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n97524 said:
Capt: I am willing to bet...a lot in fact...that if you go back and look at roper's offenses he never had anything close to 60/6 pass/run...ever. And that would lend credence to Muschamp meddling with the offense. It is an anomaly. An aberration.

Or we had a true freshman QB in there and the wind was blowing like a sonofabitch. You hear it said all the time, if it works, keep doing it. If we had thrown the ball 60 times and only rushed it 6 times, and the yardage and score were the exact same (418 passing, 27 rushing), would you still be crying about us beating Georgia?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think it's silly to keep debating the UGA game plan.....that's only very partially what this was about. I think the coaches make a great call with the fake kick and then did what they needed to do the rest of the game to win. They deserve credit for that win.

This is about the future, not the past. Some people think Muschamp is suddenly going to become a good coach that has an offense that is going to be attractive to recruits - I just don't see it. The very idea of entering into another offseason with this cloud over our heads (which is going to be there regardless of how we finish) makes me physically ill. The biggest thing which few people are mentioning is the lifeblood of the program: recruiting. Right now it looks awful, and I don't personally believe we're going to get a barrage of blue chippers just before signing day, even if we drag FSU up and down their own field.

The UGA win certainly did nothing to impress offensive playmaker recruits. Nothing. Most of them enjoy seeing and playing modern football, and have never heard of Woody Hayes or Bronko Nagurski.

The damage is done. Too little, too late. The national perception of Gator football is still extremely bad. Kids are not going to want to commit to this uncertainty. Recruiting, recruiting, recruiting. Stop the bleeding, Foley.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n97502 said:
No argument there, but give credit when it's due. Otherwise it makes people look childish and petulant.

The only reason this was a 'big' win was because Muschamp has destroyed Florida football so badly that we expected to be blown out. Does he get credit for this win? Yeah, but things are so bad it doesn't even rise to the standard of putting lipstick on a pig.

Ron Zook pulled wins out of butt against Georgia too like when he threw the bubble screen 42 times. He got a lot of criticism for it too despite getting the win. You just can't expect much when you reach this level of suckitude.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n97466 said:
So we're still complaining about a gameplan that put up 400+ yards rushing for the first time in 25 years and yielded 38 points?
We are complaining that the gameplan that worked against Georgia won't work against other opponents.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n97534 said:
Or we had a true freshman QB in there and the wind was blowing like a sonofabitch. You hear it said all the time, if it works, keep doing it. If we had thrown the ball 60 times and only rushed it 6 times, and the yardage and score were the exact same (418 passing, 27 rushing), would you still be crying about us beating Georgia?

Crying? I'm crying about keeping him not the win. You need to distinguish between the two. Great win in a vacuum. In the overall picture? Not so much.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
T REX;n97414 said:
Does one win erase all his other garbage? There's your answer. Running 60 times...do you think he turned some magical corner? The planets aligned and he ran and it worked. He's the same guy he was last week. You're pathetic for wanting to keep that guy.

You pathetic moron, I never said we should keep him. Find a dictionary if you have one, and look up the word objectivity.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n97552 said:
Crying? I'm crying about keeping him not the win. You need to distinguish between the two. Great win in a vacuum. In the overall picture? Not so much.

A win over Georgia is always a great win.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Remember before the season started and after it started champ saying we are a good football team? He said Driskel would be great and we would be happy he was our QB? Remember all the talk about Lane and others that they needed to figure out how to get them the ball only to never even play them? Sticking with a failure at QB and meddling in the offense over and over. Saying the same nonsense over and over after every loss. Guys, I dont care what else we win, we need a coach that can evaluate talent and help them progress. Someone who allows their staff to do their jobs. I like champ. I could be in love with him and still see that he must go.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator;n97551 said:
We are complaining that the gameplan that worked against Georgia won't work against other opponents.

Please show me where it has been stated that we are going to run 60 times in every game going forward.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n97475 said:
Worked several times in 2012.

Please tell me you are looking objectively at even the 11-2 anomaly in 2012. We finished that year 114th in passing offense, 39th in rushing offense, and 103rd in total offense.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n97553 said:
You pathetic moron, I never said we should keep him. Find a dictionary if you have one, and look up the word objectivity.

Good to know you're still on the fire muschamp bandwagon. Stay on there pal

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
G8RNGA;n97559 said:
Please tell me you are looking objectively at even the 11-2 anomaly in 2012. We finished that year 114th in passing offense, 39th in rushing offense, and 103rd in total offense.

We're talking about the running game as it pertains to winning football games. The defense was obviously the strength of the 2012 team, but to say we didn't win games by grinding them out on the ground like we did Saturday is flat out wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator