SOURCES: While not yet public, Will Muschamp has been fired *UPDATED*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
T REX;n97569 said:
Good to know you're still on the fire muschamp bandwagon. Stay on there pal

I don't ride bandwagons, too many idiots following idiots, of which you are a prime example.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n97570 said:
We're talking about the running game as it pertains to winning football games. The defense was obviously the strength of the 2012 team, but to say we didn't win games by grinding them out on the ground like we did Saturday is flat out wrong.

Ok, got it! Thx.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n97571 said:
I don't ride bandwagons, too many idiots following idiots, of which you are a prime example.

Yeah because firing will muschamp is an idiotic idea? What? Huh?

That's pretty funny.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
you guys are arguing over silly things. Who cares at this point. Ther only time I will get angry is if hes still our coach next year. This year hasn't panned out like any of us had hoped despite all the propoganda that came out during the off season about how good we were going to be. I know there are still games left but unless treon lights it up, we're looking at more of the same boring offense.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
how old are you? Sorry, I really shouldn't be trading barbs with an 8 year old.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n97538 said:
I think it's silly to keep debating the UGA game plan.....that's only very partially what this was about. I think the coaches make a great call with the fake kick and then did what they needed to do the rest of the game to win. They deserve credit for that win.

This is about the future, not the past. Some people think Muschamp is suddenly going to become a good coach that has an offense that is going to be attractive to recruits - I just don't see it. The very idea of entering into another offseason with this cloud over our heads (which is going to be there regardless of how we finish) makes me physically ill. The biggest thing which few people are mentioning is the lifeblood of the program: recruiting. Right now it looks awful, and I don't personally believe we're going to get a barrage of blue chippers just before signing day, even if we drag FSU up and down their own field.

The UGA win certainly did nothing to impress offensive playmaker recruits. Nothing. Most of them enjoy seeing and playing modern football, and have never heard of Woody Hayes or Bronko Nagurski.

The damage is done. Too little, too late. The national perception of Gator football is still extremely bad. Kids are not going to want to commit to this uncertainty. Recruiting, recruiting, recruiting. Stop the bleeding, Foley.

This, there is not one top notch WR that's going to look at us when we run the ball 60 times a game. I, for one, am not interested in watching an offense out of the 1940's.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n97609 said:
how old are you? Sorry, I really shouldn't be trading barbs with an 8 year old.
Yet you keep doing it, along with a lot of name calling. Dial it back.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator;n97551 said:
We are complaining that the gameplan that worked against Georgia won't work against other opponents.

If we are able to run the ball like that against our future opponents... including FSU... would you really prefer we start passing just to pass? I would certainly prefer we do what works and if running the ball is working then RUN THE DAMN BALL!

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
oxrageous;n97619 said:
Yet you keep doing it, along with a lot of name calling. Dial it back.

Out of all the posters on the board, using multitudes of pejoratives, and you isolate me? You're a real prince.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n97636 said:
Out of all the posters on the board, using multitudes of pejoratives, and you isolate me? You're a real prince.
Thank you. And you remain my favorite poster as well.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It is okay to be run dominant...several teams are. But they possess the ability the ability to pass, and they do. That is what makes the defense respect the offense. How many games have we seen where the defense acts like they no the play we are going to run? Plenty...because they have no respect for our ability to pass. Even if we are only successful a few times per game, you have to throw the ball to continue to set up the run. We had several situations this weekend where a play action pass would have either worked, or made them respect the fact that we might throw. Our running success was phenomenal...but it does not change the way good football should be played.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp deserves a lot of blame. He really does....not being sarcastic. He wasn't ready for a reclamation project. He wasn't the right guy for the job after Meyer quit on us. He was slow to stockpile linemen and he's been slow to pull guys. He believes in experience and in normal situations that may be the right call more times than not. Let's all agree that he's had less than average QB's to work with. He made what looks like a poor decision to let Brissett go, but Brissett didn't look good in his time at UF and who knows what role he played in dividing the locker room. Regardless, he's doing okay in the weak ACC.

Now we have two talented young QB's with one coming in. The plug has been pulled on the Driskel project. Harris is finally going to be given a chance. The team is rallying behind him, and we'll see how much the offense gets opened up over the next 3 weeks. I don't think we'll see too much from a QB run perspective because if Harris gets hurt, you have to play Driskel.

No one has said that 1 win against UGA gives Muschamp amnesty. We are saying that if he wins out in the SEC and plays competitive or better against FSU that it will be hard to replace him. Even more so if we play in the SECCG. There are no homerun hires out there. Stoops is probably the best we could get, but even he is met with a great many "meh"s. Even if we get a Stoops, our recruiting class will be worse than a Muschamp class with a strong finish.

No one is saying that Muschamp will win out or should win out. But....we have a reasonable chance to win the SEC East. I'd say around the 10-15% range, and will drastically increase if UT beats Mizzou at Neyland. The "pumpers" are just trying to find enjoyment in the season rather than feed on sh!t.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n97669 said:
Even if we get a Stoops, our recruiting class will be worse than a Muschamp class with a strong finish.
You really believe that?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n97622 said:
If we are able to run the ball like that against our future opponents... including FSU... would you really prefer we start passing just to pass? I would certainly prefer we do what works and if running the ball is working then RUN THE DAMN BALL!

Short term solution. Tell me what QBs and WRs you will get to come here. None. I mean he gets none anyhow but all you'd get is RB and some o linemen if you're lucky.

Long term? Recruiting will go into the toilet. Kids these days don't want to play for this garbage and they will keep going elsewhere.

Seems like no one is looking into the future. It's not Muschamp.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
T REX;n97678 said:
Short term solution. Tell me what QBs and WRs you will get to come here. None. I mean he gets none anyhow but all you'd get is RB and some o linemen if you're lucky.

Long term? Recruiting will go into the toilet. Kids these days don't want to play for this garbage and they will keep going elsewhere.

Seems like no one is looking into the future. It's not Muschamp.

I agree with this, people need to look no further than Arkansas. They are a run heavy team, they have great backs, yet when they need to pass the ball they have two decent TE's, no receivers, and a terrible QB, so they end up losing. This is exactly what would happen to us if we continue to go down this path. But hey at least Bulimia can develop his players.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
chferg;n97709 said:
I agree with this, people need to look no further than Arkansas. They are a run heavy team, they have great backs, yet when they need to pass the ball they have two decent TE's, no receivers, and a terrible QB, so they end up losing. This is exactly what would happen to us if we continue to go down this path. But hey at least Bulimia can develop his players.

Yep and they could beat us right now.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n97674 said:
You really believe that?

If Muschamp finishes strong, he will bring in a top 10 class. It's been well documented that many recruits are waiting to see if he is retained or not. But...above that....recruiting is about momentum. If UF closes strong, you will see a couple big names drop for UF (likely Cowart at the UA game and someone else) and then players will start to jump on board. If by some miracle beat UFS, it could get crazy recruiting wise.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Paul Finebaum has Mike Belotti on right now. Belotti made some very insightful comments about the Foley retaining Muschamp. While he towed a delicate line, Belotti is not persuaded that Muschamp is a 'good head coach'. His language and choice of words was masterful. I will look for a link but if somebody else finds it before I do, please post.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n97726 said:
If Muschamp finishes strong, he will bring in a top 10 class. It's been well documented that many recruits are waiting to see if he is retained or not. But...above that....recruiting is about momentum. If UF closes strong, you will see a couple big names drop for UF (likely Cowart at the UA game and someone else) and then players will start to jump on board. If by some miracle beat UFS, it could get crazy recruiting wise.

No one wants to play for him and snooze ball. He's 16-14 in the SEC. It is easy to negative recruit against him. Nothing will save this year's class. It's gone. We may get some guys who would've come here regardless but we'll be lucky to get into the top 25.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n97764 said:
No one wants to play for him and snooze ball. He's 16-14 in the SEC. It is easy to negative recruit against him. Nothing will save this year's class. It's gone. We may get some guys who would've come here regardless but we'll be lucky to get into the top 25.

Do you follow recruiting at all? I mean even a little. We are basically being recruited by the #1 TE in the class because of Treon, not to mention the Calloway kid. You don't think RB's will see the UGA and see the potential in the offense. Or look at DRob in the KY game and see potential. We have a beast Oline class almost full. You don't think the offense will be better under Treon than Driskel? You just want to bitch non stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.