South Carolina is in shambles; Bobo named newest OC

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Every week almost every team sends film to the league office regarding certain calls. this is known, They get a response and that is that. Those that saw this particular game saw a myriad of missed calls on both sides of the ledger. It happens every week and every week teams send it the film with their complaints. The last thing a coach should do is continue to litigate it in the public b/c it is clear you are asking for calls to be slanted in your favor in the future. Human officials miss calls every week. Control what you can control!!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
A good coach would not play Lombardi/W Hayes/ Ray Goof football and act surprised when he loses every other game late innthe fourth like clockwork.

This. The best part of all this(or worst if l guess if you’re Usce) is that he’s completely dismissed the fact that in the last two 4th quarters against us, he’s been out scored 35-7, including his garbage time 7 Saturday, and with us taking a knee at his 1 last year. That stat could easily have been 42-0. So maybe start there when trying to dissect your problems.

And as others have said, it was a bad day all around. But let’s say by chance they call the false start or illegal pick. Is there any basis for saying we don’t go right down the field and score anyway? On the second example, we were inside their 5, had the lead and all the momentum. Backing us up a few yards doesn’t guarantee no score. And I’d love to have begun the game with a stop on 3rd down before the near side official gave them an extra yard and a first down. They forget that the announcers were critical of that one also. Who knows how things go if we get the ball and a chance to score first, rather than playing catch-up all afternoon. I won’t even get into Pitts and what may have been at midfield with a correct PI call.

But by the time it was all done, we led by 18. Not a last second FG or final stand. An 18 point deficit. That’s not getting hosed on a play here or there. That’s just losing a game that happened to also contain some really bad calls. As always, WM can’t just accept that he’s not particularly good at his job. It always has to be something else and the world looking on is wrong.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Every week almost every team sends film to the league office regarding certain calls. this is known, They get a response and that is that. Those that saw this particular game saw a myriad of missed calls on both sides of the ledger. It happens every week and every week teams send it the film with their complaints. The last thing a coach should do is continue to litigate it in the public b/c it is clear you are asking for calls to be slanted in your favor in the future. Human officials miss calls every week. Control what you can control!!

It’s what losers do. There is no doubt that Spurrier or Meyer would have complained about the calls that went against them in a case like this. But it would’ve been because it had critical meaning, maybe handing us our only loss(‘96), or costing us a title shot(‘01). This guy will end up 5-7 and spend all off-season screaming if only he “hadn't been screwed in this game”. It’s like 2013, and all the injuries. Yes, they were bad. But you still don’t lose some of the games that you lost, and even with said injuries, how much better what our record have been than 4-8? A 6-6 season would’ve been just as egregious in his third year.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Heck, give back the TD. Maybe 31-27 and a pair of Duluth Buck Naked underwear will make him feel better.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This. The best part of all this(or worst if he’s still I guess if you’re Usce) is that he’s completely dismissed the fact that in the last two 4th quarters against us, he’s been out scored 35-7, including his garbage time 7 Saturday, and with us taking a knee at his 1 last year. That stat could easily have been 42-0. So maybe start there when trying to dissect your problems.

I really dislike our stall for 3 quarters offense but I dislike the stall for 4 quarters offense much more.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Just like the flea flicker?
7aMQmeM_d.jpg

For some reason, I'm unable to post the image of an OL(#76) about 4-5 yards beyond the LOS.

Last edited:

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp hit with sanctions upon whining :hahaha:.
What a bozo this guy is.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Nothing wrong with insisting that the game be reviewed and corrective action taken on the refs for their somewhat poor performance. That said there is a process to do that and it is not public.
Who said there’s anything wrong with it? I’m all about accountability for the officials, but there is the professional way to handle these situations and the Muschamp way. Musdump already made a complete azzhole of himself on the field during the game and he and Ray continue to act like jilted lovers a week after the game wrapped.

Winning coaches expend energy and focus on improving factors that they can control. Coaches have no control over officiating so why waste time worrying about it? Dump should’ve said his peace on Saturday and then STFU. Handle officiating issues through back channels, not in the public.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Look, the refs were garbage. There were several atrocious, no-way-to-miss- it calls against us too. Hell, they were holding like they were Bama. There was one play when they NT was two steps into the back field and nearly passed Buchanan before the ball moved. Announder said "free play" but refs never dropped a hankie. It caused us to punt.

There is no doubt that crew should be fired.
I mentioned this in the game thread, but watching live and then again a few days later, it appeared most of the bad calls went against us in the first half, and most of the bad calls went against them in the second; seemingly cancelling each other out. The fact the ones that appeared to favor us resulted in TDs is actually irrelevant - a blown call is a blown call. Interestingly, the non-call the cocks are second most angry about, Cleveland's block on Pierce's long run, was actually legal according to the referee "expert" on the broadcast team. (The SC player who was being blocked by Cleveland possibly also got away with a facemask grab.)

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I mentioned this in the game thread, but watching live and then again a few days later, it appeared most of the bad calls went against us in the first half, and most of the bad calls went against them in the second; seemingly cancelling each other out. The fact the ones that appeared to favor us resulted in TDs is actually irrelevant - a blown call is a blown call. Interestingly, the non-call the cocks are second most angry about, Cleveland's block on Pierce's long run, was actually legal according to the referee "expert" on the broadcast team. (The SC player who was being blocked by Cleveland possibly also got away with a facemask grab.)

The DB did a terrible job of trying to sell it. It looked like he and Cleveland were just in a foot race to see who could cross the goal line first. If he attempts to disengage, it may have been different. All moot because of the false start anyway. But while it should’ve been called, it had no bearing on the play whatsoever as they didn’t run to that side. Missed for sure. But the play goes for a TD regardless.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I think that was a holding call. However I could be mistaken I was pretty drunk. (Baby shower)

I don’t know much about you, so I’m just assuming(hoping) it’s not you that’s expecting.

Pretty sure it’s been determined that that’s what happened to Muschamp.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
The DB did a terrible job of trying to sell it. It looked like he and Cleveland were just in a foot race to see who could cross the goal line first. If he attempts to disengage, it may have been different. All moot because of the false start anyway. But while it should’ve been called, it had no bearing on the play whatsoever as they didn’t run to that side. Missed for sure. But the play goes for a TD regardless.
Yeah, the false start (by Delance of course) was absolutely a miss by the refs. Live I thought maybe he jumped, but I wasn't watching the line (unlike some ref whose job it was to watch the line); on the replay it was pretty clear. Not that it matters, but I doubt it affected the result of the play since the run was to the left.

JCTow

Nov 16, 2017
I don’t know much about you, so I’m just assuming(hoping) it’s not you that’s expecting.

Pretty sure it’s been determined that that’s what happened to Muschamp.
Well I’m expecting to be a father. My wife is the actual person carrying the little one....what a wonderful DD she is....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.