South Carolina is in shambles; Bobo named newest OC

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
This literally made Ox’s point.

Only if Ox’s point was that SC shouldn’t be happy about any and every scrap of success. It’s one thing for Gator fans to be furious about falling out of elite status in football. SC HAD one of the greatest coaches of all time and THEIR greatest coach of all time and managed just one divisional title. They aren’t just a never-was, they never will be. Getting mad at their AD for hiring a craptastic retread failure is fine but that’s pretty much their fate.

Chump is about average for them. They look at Clempson and wonder, “Why not us?” Well, start with the stupid chicken mascot and go from there...

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
why remind folks now?

My point is that you don't need to dig up crap from 3 coaches ago when people put so much fresh crap out there to make fun of. You posted a couple of great examples of this that are current and relevant, which is a lot more fun to make fun of.
touched a nerve i see... own it nancy.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
not really. Never was invested in Chump.

it does seem that Chump’s failures have put an end to the ridiculous “coach-in-waiting” nonsense.
Agreed, considering Mack Brown has out coached and out recruited his "coach-in-waiting" a full ten years after he was to be put out to pasture.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Personally, I think the guy's a genius. He purposely hires lame OCs to get the negative attention off his consistently poor and dramatically overrated defenses. He's given up 47 points to Bama, 34 points to Missouri, (who managed just 14 and 7 points against Vandy and UK), 38 points to us, and 41 to the Vols, (who were averaging just 12 points a game in SEC play).

Fans are screaming for a new OC. :lol:

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Personally, I think the guy's a genius. He purposely hires lame OCs to get the negative attention off his consistently poor and dramatically overrated defenses. He's given up 47 points to Bama, 34 points to Missouri, (who managed just 14 and 7 points against Vandy and UK), 38 points to us, and 41 to the Vols, (who were averaging just 12 points a game in SEC play).

Mushscat points out that those games were closer than the score shows. Fact is, Gamecocks won TOP in 2 of those games.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017

I have never agreed with Muschamp and genius, but you sir may be on to something. Granted, in 2013, especially during GSU, everytime the D would screw up, I would yell the term "defensive genius", but being sarcastic. Here I find a valid argument that he may have some genius.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mullinz will never be a 0.500 coach in the SEC. 33-39! South Alabama!

/Swamp Ass
Still true.

He is still 0-1 vs South Alabama.

42-43 currently?

Here is his chance!!!!! But his record vs Mizzu and Ugly isnt so hot.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Still true.

42-43 currently?

He’s 17-4 at UF. I couldn’t care any less about what transpired at an absolute dumpster fire program in Starkville, MS.

I’ve never once heard anyone reference Spurrier’s 11-9-1 conference record in the pre-fsu ACC, or the fact that he’ll always be 0-1 vs Rutgers.

It’s completely meaningless. He killed it as a Gator. Time for Mullen to do the same.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
He’s 17-4 at UF. I couldn’t care any less about what transpired at an absolute dumpster fire program in Starkville, MS.

I’ve never once heard anyone reference Spurrier’s 11-9-1 conference record in the pre-fsu ACC, or the fact that he’ll always be 0-1 vs Rutgers.

It’s completely meaningless. He killed it as a Gator. Time for Mullen to do the same.
He knows - and he’s agreed in the past when he’s not trolling. Resume gets you in the door, becomes less important with every game unless you’re still building to go somewhere else. I don’t get the feeling Mullen plans to leave anytime soon. If he makes the SECCG this year, Donk will Ben in shambles again.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Still true.

42-43 currently?

Hes 1-1 against Mizzou and 1-3 against UGA. Admittedly not strong but hardly conclusive. You going to be ok if one of your favorite stats goes away by the end of the season? After seeing Bushmaster’s melt down, I worry about you army guys these days.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What do you think our chances are against UGA Saturday if Zuniga and Grenard aren't 100%?
I don't think sacks will be a part of the game, either way.

As Ugly's pressure mounts their OC keeps calling more and more conservative games. We win or lose based on our DTs keeping the backers clean and allowing us to stop the run.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I don't think sacks will be a part of the game, either way.

As Ugly's pressure mounts their OC keeps calling more and more conservative games. We win or lose based on our DTs keeping the backers clean and allowing us to stop the run.

I don't disagree. But if we can move the ball effectively, he may not have any choice but to put the ball in Fromm's hands, opening the door for pressure from the edge. So yeah, we have to stop the run and tackle. But it's equally important for Trask to have a good game and force them out of that comfort zone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator